July 2011 Filers

Hey guys...thanks for all the advise and sharing of information. The green card interview was a breeze.
The immigration officer was very friendly
! She asked my wife how we met and where I proposed to her. After that she went through the wedding album and she was quite funny through the interview. Easy breezy.
I just got an email saying that the gc has been approved.

Hey guys...thanks for all the advise and sharing of information. The green card interview was a breeze.
The immigration officer was very friendly
! She asked my wife how we met and where I proposed to her. After that she went through the wedding album and she was quite funny through the interview. Easy breezy.
I just got an email saying that the gc has been approved.

You owe us a write up!

Hey Guys, our appointment was at 1:00 PM, we arrived at the courthouse at 12:30 PM and by 12:45 we were in the waiting room.We waited for 30 mn and at 1:15 PM, a really nice officer called my name. She swore us in and started talking to my wife. My wife is expecting our first child in February and the IO is also expecting her first child in January so most of the 25 mn we spent there they were talking about pregnancy and how difficult it was. Then she took our IDs, took my I 94, didn’t take my EAD card and started asking questions. She asked me my name, address, phone number, school i attended, when is my wife birthday, how we met, who proposed, what is our wedding date, when was the last time I entered the US. She then turned to my wife and asked her my birthday, where she lived before, and her address.She asked if we had any joint account i would like to show her so we gave her our joint bank account and credit card account, our joint bills and car insurance. We also showed her our wedding and some vacation pictures. She then said everything was OK and we should get an answer by mail. We were out of the courthouse by 1:45 PM. Hopefully I will get greened and keep the July Wagon rolling.
Thanx everyone for the wishes and I want to congratulate all those who got approved and good luck to all those waiting for interviews.

Card Received in Mail and...

USCIS has given me a new name, my oh my, the name saga will never end. Now I have a fourth variation of my names.

Name on Birth Certificate: Paul Thomas who is the son of Mr. Williams
Name in Passport: Paula Thomas Williams
Actual Name on all other documents including SS No.: Pauli Thomas Williams

and drum roll, USCIS decided to take it a step further.

Name on Green Card: Paul Thomas Williams

So now my drivers license/passport have one name, my birth certificate has a different name, my social security card and diplomas and all other documents have another name, and my green card another

I dunno man, perhaps I'll just live with it. Maybe they'll give me a whole new name if/when I apply for the permanent card or naturalization.

*Names used herein are for illustration purpose only.

CONGRATS man u got ur green card in a week that was quick loool don't worry about the names at least u got the green card try to take care of these names before u apply for permanent resident card. Me i am still waiting for an answer from them 5 days and counting this thing is starting to stress me out loool

USCIS has given me a new name, my oh my, the name saga will never end. Now I have a fourth variation of my names.

So now my drivers license/passport have one name, my birth certificate has a different name, my social security card and diplomas and all other documents have another name, and my green card another

I dunno man, perhaps I'll just live with it. Maybe they'll give me a whole new name if/when I apply for the permanent card or naturalization.

Well Congrats whoever you are :) On another note you have the option to change your name completely when you go for your Citizenship. I was tempted but I didnt change it. July filers keep on rolling......

Interview Date

Got the date for my GC interview today -- Dec 1st, at noon. I'll be the last of you all but I'll get there. hahah! :cool:

Good news! The RFE held you up a bit but you're almost there. In a relay, the last person to receive the baton is as important as the first, you need to finish for the team to be counted. Attaboy!

Got the date for my GC interview today -- Dec 1st, at noon. I'll be the last of you all but I'll get there. hahah! :cool:

Congrats ananga :D

Even tho the IO told me she approved my Green Card my status is not updated online hopefully this week I hear something

Congratulations ananga73! Hopefully this will be the start of good news for the rest of us Maryland Filers. :)

I am expecting my new I-693 (completely filled out) to arrive in the mail by Wed. After that, I can go to the Baltimore Office to turn it in. I hope it gets processed right away. :)

@ Einmart yeah please submit that filled form ASAP and I am sure you will go green right away.

@xingxin we are all rooting for you. I am sure the approval text/email will come in the next 48 hours
Congrats ananga :D

Even tho the IO told me she approved my Green Card my status is not updated online hopefully this week I hear something

Gc accepted

Finally been greened. Thanx u guys for the support and looking forward to seeing u here again for the citizenship application in 3 years.good luck for those having their interviews and congrats to those who have received their gc let's keep that july train rolling

Congrats eagle !! its nice how we all started this process supporting each other and see it step 1 done its brings a joy. Citizenship next ! :D

Update: Green Card production ordered today :D .. keep them coming guys

Do you guys know if they update again saying they mailed the card or they just send it and no update?

Waiting for I-130 Approval

@EinMart and @eagle23 Congrats to you both!

@EinMart, you will receive a total of 3 emails/text messages. One for the approval of the petition, one for card production, and one for mailing of the welcome notice. Time from first text/email to when you receive the card is anywhere from 8 to 10 days.

Anyways I am still waiting for them to approve my I-130. CHYBA is holding up the approval of the I-130 although I already got the green card.

See you all guys in 2013 for the next stage of this journey.