July 2011 Filers

@Iessac

New York is infamous for their long processing times. I'd say you'd prolly be getting an interview in Feb or March. Hoping it's sooner but that seems to be the trend 7-10 months for NY applicants.

On Nov 8 i received an email saying that they sent my card and today November 21,2011 i received another email from USCIS saying Card/document production so i have been waiting for the mailman this past 2 weeks and USCIS is telling me now they didnt produce my card yet and my case was accepted on November 2, 2011

On Nov 8 i received an email saying that they sent my card and today November 21,2011 i received another email from USCIS saying Card/document production so i have been waiting for the mailman this past 2 weeks and USCIS is telling me now they didnt produce my card yet and my case was accepted on November 2, 2011

Probably a system error. I think you'll get the card in a few days.

@Iessac

New York is infamous for their long processing times. I'd say you'd prolly be getting an interview in Feb or March. Hoping it's sooner but that seems to be the trend 7-10 months for NY applicants.

Thanks for all the replies, it sure feels good to know I am not alone in the boat. The frustrating part is the online status. It still says that they sent an RFE, while in reality there is none and they even sent the letter stating that it's a mistake on their part :mad:

07.14.11: Mailed I-130,I-485 (Chicago Lockbox)
07.17.11: Delivery Confirmed
07.25.11: NOA-i-485 & i-765 rcvd
07.30.11: NOA-i-130 rcvd
08.06.11: Got mail saying RFEs (I-485) rcvd
09.16.11: After inquiring came to know there is no RFE and also a letter stating the same
09.24.11: Finger Printing completed
10.11.11: EAD Card Recvd

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Green Card on the 12th and still havent get any updates regarding I-130

Godhelpme11 is right. For your adjustment of status (I-485) to be granted, then your petition for alien relative (I-130) must be approved. If you've gotten your green card, then you're good to go.

Interview Tomorrow

Hi All,

I am having my GC interview tomorrow and am gathering documents for it. I have read through the thread, but am wondering if anyone has any last minute reminders or anything that will be helpful for me tomorrow.

Thank you. Please pray and keep your fingers crossed for me.

:)

I will say a prayer for you.
My advice to you is to remain calm. Answer truthfully (if you don't remember, say you don't remember. Don't make stuff up). Be as natural as possible (with minimal PDAs (handholding etc)) Be courteous and polite and pray before you go! Don't forget your documents (photos, joint account statements, bills, your birth certificate and passport, your spouse's (and/or children's) birth certificate or naturalization document and any other identifying document)

Wishing you the best of luck!

Hi All,

I am having my GC interview tomorrow and am gathering documents for it. I have read through the thread, but am wondering if anyone has any last minute reminders or anything that will be helpful for me tomorrow.

Thank you. Please pray and keep your fingers crossed for me.

:)

Good Luck tomorrow. Let us know what happens

Done!

Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes! :)

The interview went really well. Our officer was a woman and super friendly. Our lawyer went with us – the officer kept smiling and didn’t ask anything scary or unexpected. She just went through our applications – asked a few basic questions, birth dates, names etc. Asked where we worked and what we did for work. We brought our matching red diplomas from college which she thought was funny and liked. She didn’t ask for any photos – but I gave her the album any way and she went through them and said the wedding photos were nice and asked me about my dress.

She then asked if I had any birth certificate from my country (the one we submitted was issued at the New York consulate), and I said no. She said that’s the only issue she sees but she knows that my country's birth certificate system is pretty lucy ducy, so she will just confirm with her supervisor and we should know the result in a week or two. So we left pretty happy and then received a text in the evening saying our case status had been updated online – and turns our it was approved and the card production is in order! Yayyy!

I will post in here once I get my card! :cool: