July 2011 Filers

I already received my EAD. No it is not normal to take more than a few days after receipt of the emial notification. Mine only took a few days after the mailing notice. I never called them

oh i see, thanks! i thought they already mailed it and you did not received it. my bad.

so, heres what happened to me, my paralegal called the USCIS today and asked why i did not received my EAD. they said they already send it and delivered last sept 24, too bad they send it to my old address, i already updated my address and got the confirmation of change of address in the mail last month. the officer said they are going to send a new one to my current address. my question; how long its going to take to send or receive my EAD? are they going to change the number on my firs EAD (just in case someone found/received it and use in a bad way) since it looks like its LOST meaning its not valid anymore? and are they going to change the expiration date? thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice write up. Sounds like the IO was pretty convinced that the DWI was a non issue for you. When we went for our interview the lady at the top of the stairs wasnt there so we missed her. I was looking around to see where to get a number or something. I finally saw her and she took our letter.

Also funny thing was that a lot of people were also getting called when one of the people was in the bathroom. You never know when you get called and for some it was when their other half was in the bathroom.

Hopefully there is nothing to worry about and dont let that minor thing get in the way of your weekend.

Thank you and my weekend just got better since I received a text/email status update that card production has been ordered :D

Time update my signature...Thanks again for your advise & support

Wooo Hoooo Time to "Bust out the Bubbly"

We received a text/email status update @ 5:15 this evening that Card Production has been ordered!! :D

I would personally like to thank Rok8man, Ananga73, Mantikos, for you advise and support and everybody else that shared this journey with me and Congrats to those you have "Gone Green" and best of luck to all who await their interview :)

You go girl! Actually I am also having some bubbly here, so here's to you!

Wooo Hoooo Time to "Bust out the Bubbly"

We received a text/email status update @ 5:15 this evening that Card Production has been ordered!! :D

I would personally like to thank Rok8man, Ananga73, Mantikos, for you advise and support and everybody else that shared this journey with me and Congrats to those you have "Gone Green" and best of luck to all who await their interview :)

Congrats man! Told you...patience is key man and is a priceless virtue.

Decision

On September 27, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Finally

Thank God

Congrats man! Told you...patience is key man and is a priceless virtue.

Yes, but if you compare our time lines, we both are from Atlanta. I applied 2 days before you did and had my interview 2 hrs before yours. I still have decision where as you have card production and documentation. Though you were behind me, you are likely to get card before me.

Look at people in dallas. Those who applied a week or so after us, already have their green cards. I wonder why. hah, does not matter, we are all going to get it, more so, now that it is assured that its coming, i am relaxed :)

We went shopping and came back to check the mailbox and we were welcomed to the new GC in in our mailbox. Very excited about receiving it. My wife's pic is also in b&w and its a lot different than what I had received a few years back.

Anyway looking forward to some more good news from other July filers as they get approved and get theirs gc in the mail. Next journey starts in 2 years and hopefully I will see all my friends from this thread again and go through it together. :)

We went shopping and came back to check the mailbox and we were welcomed to the new GC in in our mailbox. Very excited about receiving it. My wife's pic is also in b&w and its a lot different than what I had received a few years back.

Anyway looking forward to some more good news from other July filers as they get approved and get theirs gc in the mail. Next journey starts in 2 years and hopefully I will see all my friends from this thread again and go through it together. :)

great news. congratulations

My interview experience: Boston Ma, Oct 03, 2011.

My USC husband and I arrived USCIS office around 10:45AM. We handed in our interview letter to the man at front desk and waited for the interview. Our interview was scheduled for 11:15AM. After waiting for like 30 minutes, we were called by a friendly lady IO. Interestingly, she only asked my husband to go into her office with her first and I kept waiting outside at the waiting area. After about 15 minutes, she called me again and asked me to go into her office with her. When I got into her office, I saw my husband sitting in her office. Before I sat down, she asked me to raise my right hand to take an oath that I would tell the truth. The IO asked me how we met and asked if I brought any documentation under both of our names. I showed her our joint bank account statement, health insurance, and car insurance. We do not have joint lease which she asked for, because our landlord has never returned our phone call. We ended up giving up putting my name on the apartment lease. We told her the whole story and she accepted it. She also asked to see the pictures and asked where we took those pictures. After seeing all the pictures, she kept flipping my files. She asked if I had a follow-up chest Xray which my civil surgeon recommended. However, in fact, my civil surgeon referred me to TB clinic and I finished the referral appointment. The doctor of TB clinic told me that I was fine and gave me a card to prove that I do not have TB. He also completed the referral evaluation in I-693 for me. I think that the civil surgeon did not state the whole story clearly, so the IO was a little bit confused with what my civil surgeon wrote on my I-693. After our explanation, she understood the whole situation and took the card the doctor of Tb clinic gave me. She then left her office for 5 minutes. After coming back, she asked me my name, address, birthday, SSN, and several “Have you ever” questions. At the same time, she also checked and wrote something on the files. After reviewing all the files and taking my EAD and I-94, she told us we were approved and congrats. We were also told that I will get my GC in 10 days and need to come back in 2 years to file i751 remove the condition on my GC. When we left her office, it was 12:10PM. On our way home, I asked my husband what questions the IO asked him. He told me that the IO only asked him how we met, how long we have been dating, and if his family likes me. At 4pm, my I-485 online status changed to card production. :cool:

Thank you all July filers and wish good luck to those who have interviewing.

I know rok8man; I've been getting all these weird status updates, where the decisions go back and forth. I wish I did not sign up for online notifications. I however did get 2 NOAs in the mail last week to confirm approval and to alert that I should receive my GC in the mail within 3 weeks! :) I'm stoked. Even more stoked for Fifa 12 on PS3. I don't know if any of you guys play "soccer", I'm hoping so since we are all foreigners. LOL

Least I forget, since we are 3-3 on here, let's get the momentum going and show support to the rest of the July 2011 filers! GOOD LUCK those with upcoming interview appointments. Cheers

PS: If anyone wants a challenge online, please PM me and I'll send out my PSN ID.

This is all TOO confusing. So after the interview we got an email:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

This was at 3:15PM on Friday and then at 5:30PM on the same day I got this email:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

So they went backwards and changed status. It should be the other way around. This really confuses me.

UPDATE
Got another email from them saying:

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

Good luck with your interview friend!

Hey Guys,

Congrats to all the July filers who have the GC approved already!! My interview is on October 12th. The USCIS website has updated my case status and my AP and EAD have been approved!! What is strange is that the AP approval status says that they have sent me a notification on September 6th... but I never received it. The EAD status changed from initial review to card production today.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the interview!! Best wishes to everyone.

I know rok8man; I've been getting all these weird status updates, where the decisions go back and forth. I wish I did not sign up for online notifications. I however did get 2 NOAs in the mail last week to confirm approval and to alert that I should receive my GC in the mail within 3 weeks! :) I'm stoked. Even more stoked for Fifa 12 on PS3. I don't know if any of you guys play "soccer", I'm hoping so since we are all foreigners. LOL

Least I forget, since we are 3-3 on here, let's get the momentum going and show support to the rest of the July 2011 filers! GOOD LUCK those with upcoming interview appointments. Cheers

PS: If anyone wants a challenge online, please PM me and I'll send out my PSN ID.

Same here. I got two letters last week and have been getting weird status updates which go back and forth. I would like to believe that the green card has been mailed and it will arrive by early next week if not by this saturday.

Same here. I got two letters last week and have been getting weird status updates which go back and forth. I would like to believe that the green card has been mailed and it will arrive by early next week if not by this saturday.

So heres an update on the weird status changes. When we got the green card, the letter was dated Sept 23, the day it was approved and ordered. So if you guys got a status of CARD PRODUCTION the very first day then you have nothing to worry about. Now the same thing is happening for the i765, EAD status. I am not even paying attention to that as we never received the EAD card to begin with. I am assuming there may be a glitch in their system that is making the status bounce from one to another.

Breaking NEWS: Just got my GC in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's definitely time to burst out that Moet&Chandon Magnum Rose!!! 1st top: UK! If I werent that old i'd be doing cratwheels right about now! Thanks to all yall on this forum and yes, I will definitely visit from time to time to answer and questions and offer assistance! Good luck to those with pending statuses and interviews! Lets go JULY 2011 FILERS!!!!!! :)

Breaking NEWS: Just got my GC in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's definitely time to burst out that Moet&Chandon Magnum Rose!!! 1st top: UK! If I werent that old i'd be doing cratwheels right about now! Thanks to all yall on this forum and yes, I will definitely visit from time to time to answer and questions and offer assistance! Good luck to those with pending statuses and interviews! Lets go JULY 2011 FILERS!!!!!! :)

Congratulations. I should be the next one in line now :)

USCIS sent us a nice souvenir in the mail. A parting gift if you will...... they sent us the EAD card after we got out gc. It was approved Sept 06 and we got it yesterday. I guess we will just file it away with our other papers.

Congrats to adeboi for getting their GC. Lets keep the momentum going. :cool: