July 2011 Filers

Congrats Adeboi well done my friend. Thanks for posting your experience I bet its gonna be helpful for many of us that have our interviews in coming weeks. I feel challenged to gather all documents you provided hahaha. Also my I-765 online update went from Card Production to Post Decision Activity. Just got an email from them saying the following..

On September 27, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Does this mean the sent the card or a letter saying my I-765 have been approved ? USCIS make things confusing for me hehe

Thanks EinMart! Very appreciated. Ehy, don't feel intimidated at all my friend. Like I said, use it as a guideline to help you keep all your documents in check. As you read in my post, my attorney condensed all our documents to Folders 2 & 3. So make sure those you have and make copies of them all; including the cards.

Uhmmm in reference to your I-765 status update, I was unable to track this before I received my EAD card, but mines currently said as of September 7, 2011 they mailed me a notice and I received my EAD Card on September 16, 2011. So you should receive your snail-mail approval notice on the 29th of September 2011 and your EAD approximately by the 6th of October 2011. If I am right on the money, mail me a case of Bluemoon. lol

Congrats Adeboi well done my friend. Thanks for posting your experience I bet its gonna be helpful for many of us that have our interviews in coming weeks. I feel challenged to gather all documents you provided hahaha. Also my I-765 online update went from Card Production to Post Decision Activity. Just got an email from them saying the following..

Does this mean the sent the card or a letter saying my I-765 have been approved ? USCIS make things confusing for me hehe

Thanks EinMart! Very appreciated. Ehy, don't feel intimidated at all my friend. Like I said, use it as a guideline to help you keep all your documents in check. As you read in my post, my attorney condensed all our documents to Folders 2 & 3. So make sure those you have and make copies of them all; including the cards.

Uhmmm in reference to your I-765 status update, I was unable to track this before I received my EAD card, but mines currently said as of September 7, 2011 they mailed me a notice and I received my EAD Card on September 16, 2011. So you should receive your snail-mail approval notice on the 29th of September 2011 and your EAD approximately by the 6th of October 2011. If I am right on the money, mail me a case of Bluemoon. lol

HI Adeboi,

How what was your first update after the interview? Did you receive a text/email and what was the first update in uscis website? I was told that my case is being approved but havent heard anything after that and no update online

Hey bud! To be honest with you, it was falcyon who motivated me to revisit the USCIS site to track the statuses of my case numbers. I disclosed earlier that I was unable to add my case numbers online earlier during the process and the only way I received notifications was through good ol' snail mail. When I checked my I-485 status right after I successfully added the case number, it was already on Card/Document Production.

What is your's currently on?

HI Adeboi,

How what was your first update after the interview? Did you receive a text/email and what was the first update in uscis website? I was told that my case is being approved but havent heard anything after that and no update online

Hey bud! To be honest with you, it was falcyon who motivated me to revisit the USCIS site to track the statuses of my case numbers. I disclosed earlier that I was unable to add my case numbers online earlier during the process and the only way I received notifications was through good ol' snail mail. When I checked my I-485 status right after I successfully added the case number, it was already on Card/Document Production.

It still says that my interview is on september 26. I was done with my interview 2 hrs before you at the same USCIS office. He said 5-6 times during the interview that my case will be approved. He ended the interview with the statement that he is going to approve it. BUt the case status has not changed. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Congrats to all my fellow July filers who have made progress and finished the first step of this journey. We hope to have you around till everyone on this thread wraps up the process and then we'll raise this thread from the ashes again in about 2 years when everyone is renewing and then again in another 12 months when everyone is filing for USC.

On a side note, with my interview date looming, I was wondering if there were others who hadn't recieved the EAD yet.

Have faith and take him/her (the IO) for their word. I believe if that was the message conveyed to you at the end of the interview, then it will surely be so. My attorney said earlier to us while we waited that the decision is FINAL-Approved or Denied. And it is made known to you prior to conclusion of the interview. So cheer up and grab a beer :)

It still says that my interview is on september 26. I was done with my interview 2 hrs before you at the same USCIS office. He said 5-6 times during the interview that my case will be approved. He ended the interview with the statement that he is going to approve it. BUt the case status has not changed. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have faith and take him/her (the IO) for their word. I believe if that was the message conveyed to you at the end of the interview, then it will surely be so. My attorney said earlier to us while we waited that the decision is FINAL-Approved or Denied. And it is made known to you prior to conclusion of the interview. So cheer up and grab a beer :)

Unless I see an update online :(, he even said, I should expect the GC in mail within 15 days. BUt no update as yet. I called customer service, they said, my case has not been approved as yet.

Lord knows who/how their updates work. Left to me, I can do without the online notifications--text and e-mail as it just keeps you more jittery. Until I receive a NoA via snail mail, I don't want to know what/who/why the update never came through. And I'm not old-fashioned, but a geek/tech junkie in every sense of the word. I guess I settled for what I could get at the start of my AOS journey.

Unless I see an update online :(, he even said, I should expect the GC in mail within 15 days. BUt no update as yet. I called customer service, they said, my case has not been approved as yet.

Congrats to all my fellow July filers who have made progress and finished the first step of this journey. We hope to have you around till everyone on this thread wraps up the process and then we'll raise this thread from the ashes again in about 2 years when everyone is renewing and then again in another 12 months when everyone is filing for USC.

On a side note, with my interview date looming, I was wondering if there were others who hadn't recieved the EAD yet.

We didn't receive it. The IO said it was approved in August. The site was never updated, never got an email. My wife called the USCIS number, first time was told to wait 75 days and call again if we dont have EAD. After 75 days passed she called and was told to wait an additional 30 days as there was no status. So they didnt know as well. I still dont know what happened to her EAD card.

Your IO's last name wasnt Chyba by chance was it? I am sure your IO will be putting the decision into the system soon as he had reiterated 5-6 times that you will be approved and there was no other conversation to contradict as such. Maybe he is backed up and does all the filings at one time. You never know how each IO handles things for approvals. Its all luck of the draw. This is quite the journey we have all taken and it certainly has taught me a lesson in patience.

Your IO's last name wasnt Chyba by chance was it? I am sure your IO will be putting the decision into the system soon as he had reiterated 5-6 times that you will be approved and there was no other conversation to contradict as such. Maybe he is backed up and does all the filings at one time. You never know how each IO handles things for approvals. Its all luck of the draw. This is quite the journey we have all taken and it certainly has taught me a lesson in patience.

That is also the sad part that he said, he is going to approve it and approve it later today. It was all said and done yesterday!

Decision

On September 27, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Finally

Thank God

Decision

On September 27, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Finally

Thank God

Congrats.... I am glad it finally came through for you. We are batting 3 for 3 right now.

Just got a text/email from USCIS that they have ordered the EAD card production for us. Better late than never I guess. :D

Mantikos there is hope for you yet.....

AP/EAD status

Hey Guys,

Congrats to all the July filers who have the GC approved already!! My interview is on October 12th. The USCIS website has updated my case status and my AP and EAD have been approved!! What is strange is that the AP approval status says that they have sent me a notification on September 6th... but I never received it. The EAD status changed from initial review to card production today.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the interview!! Best wishes to everyone.

This is all TOO confusing. So after the interview we got an email:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

This was at 3:15PM on Friday and then at 5:30PM on the same day I got this email:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

So they went backwards and changed status. It should be the other way around. This really confuses me.

UPDATE
Got another email from them saying:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the world of USCIS, where true consistency is INCONSISTENCY :D !!! They are not usually hallmarks of consistency and efficiency, as we all know :p

This is all TOO confusing. So after the interview we got an email:

This was at 3:15PM on Friday and then at 5:30PM on the same day I got this email:

Your Case Status: Decision

So they went backwards and changed status. It should be the other way around. This really confuses me.