July 2011 Filers

Mraman,
we have the interview on the same day......What is your local DO ? Mine is Atlanta.

Packet Sent : Aug 1, 2011
Packet Received by USCIS : Aug 3, 2011
Received Email at 9.00 PM on Aug 5, 2001 with I-797 receipt numbers for all 5 applications ( 2 i-130's, 2 i-485's and 1 i-765). Checked on USCIS website and validated that all receipt numbers do exist.
Priority Date : Aug 5, 2011
Fingerprint Notice : Aug 15, 2011
Walk-in fingerprint done : Aug 17, 2011 (Atlanta DO)
Online Update on Sep 8: Interview schedule for Oct 7, 2011 (no email yet)

Speaking of the devil. Got a text/ email our interview date on oct 7. Oh well .. .
Praying for all of us and please keep me in your prayers

You don't have to fly. That's a standard update on their website. My update also said the same thing but the interview is in Atlanta where I am. The letter will mention your exact location within your city, but the city where your interview will be held will be same as the city where your biometrics was done. In your case it will be dallas :) Hope that is a good news for you. Despite all the backlogs that your had in your case, your interview finally was not delayed by that much. That is great news. Good Luck friend :)

PERFECT! Thank you so much bud, I really appreciate the wishes, all the very best to y'all for the rest of the process, after everything is said and done we will raise this thread from the ashes in 2 years for the GC renewal and in 3 years for the Citizenship process...I hope to have everyone along for the whole journey :)

Clearly you did not lose any time due to the missing I-130 and RFE. CHYBA probably repented of his evil deeds.

So I got an e-mail and text saying my interview is scheduled for October 11, the only part that I am unsure of is that it says:
"On September 8, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 11, 2011, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER."

Mraman,
we have the interview on the same day......What is your local DO ? Mine is Atlanta.

Packet Sent : Aug 1, 2011
Packet Received by USCIS : Aug 3, 2011
Received Email at 9.00 PM on Aug 5, 2001 with I-797 receipt numbers for all 5 applications ( 2 i-130's, 2 i-485's and 1 i-765). Checked on USCIS website and validated that all receipt numbers do exist.
Priority Date : Aug 5, 2011
Fingerprint Notice : Aug 15, 2011
Walk-in fingerprint done : Aug 17, 2011 (Atlanta DO)
Online Update on Sep 8: Interview schedule for Oct 7, 2011 (no email yet)

I am in Atlanta too. My interview is on September 26 at 8:45 AM

Clearly you did not lose any time due to the missing I-130 and RFE. CHYBA probably repented of his evil deeds.

I initially thought the yellow cover letter they included in the returned package that claimed I will be give special priority was humbug, but apparently and evidently USCIS recognizes when they mess up and make up for it and when they say they will speed up the case so you don't lose time becuase of their mistake, they mean it. I am certainly impressed by the fact that they meant what they said...

A lil concerned that we still have recvd any update on the EAD.. Even though we did receive our IL letter last week????

So here is the situation, I got the IL, but my USC (through naturalization) spouse has applied for her US passport, and the State Department took her original certificate of Naturalization (this is normal procedure). So we don't have the original Certificate of Naturalization, all we have is the copy (one of which was included in the original application) and a reciept showing she has applied for her US passport. Would that suffice? or is thi going to be a HUGE issue?

I expect you should get the passport back before your interview.

So here is the situation, I got the IL, but my USC (through naturalization) spouse has applied for her US passport, and the State Department took her original certificate of Naturalization (this is normal procedure). So we don't have the original Certificate of Naturalization, all we have is the copy (one of which was included in the original application) and a reciept showing she has applied for her US passport. Would that suffice? or is thi going to be a HUGE issue?

Someone broke into my apt last week and stole my naturalization certificate, U.S passport, all immigration papers and receipts. Once i cancelled everything I called USCIS and asked if me not having the original documents would be a problem. The officer assured me that it wouldn't since I already sent in the copies with the package. She did say that I should walk with the control number for the police report and all receipts for stolen documents that i reapplied for. So i guess you walking with your receipt should suffice as well.