July 2009 N-400 Filers

Timeline Update

FINGERPRINT NOTIFICATION Received

TIMELINE
5 Year based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
DO: Houston, TX
07/31/2009 (Day 01): N-400 Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 04): N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
08/05/2009 (Day 06): Check Cleared
08/10/2009 (Day 11): NOA Received (Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/12/2009 (Day 13): Online Case Status changes to RFE (Finger Print Notice)
08/18/2009 (Day 19): FP Notice Received
09/04/2009 (Day 36): FP Appointment Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Letter Received
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Interview Date
mm/dd/yyyy (Day x): Oath

Funny that you mention it. Even though I lived in Dallas in 2005, I applied at NBC instead of DORA as I knew we were moving to VA in 3 months and didn't want to risk being at a different place before it was approved. So my GC was delayed by almost a year thanks to the incompetence of USCIS in transferring files, and sitting on them. Maybe it is my turn for a quick processing? ;) Hopefully Charlotte wouldn't take as long as you say. Keep us posted.

I am glad the interview is on the 25th and not earlier because we were going to be out of the country through the 20th. I had tried to time it well knowing how quickly Dallas processed this and that seems to have worked. Now, if only the oath would also get processed in a timely manner provided all goes well.

Did you try to listen to the CD they gave you at the FP place to prepare for the Civics interview? I tried that on my way to work today and found it to be terribly monotonous and boring. Based on what I heard, I think I should be okay for the interview, but will probably read the booklet just in case.

So how are you liking Charlotte compared to Dallas? I loved all the trees they have there.

I haven't touched that packet they gave me at the FP yet. I will be doing it pretty soon.
Charlotte is beautiful but Dallas is definitely the place to be especially if you are in IT. I still support Dallas cowboys rather than being loyal to our crappy panthers.:cool:

It would be awesome if this process gets over within the next 3 months.It will help me plan my career a little sooner.

Let's see what happens. Good luck with everything

I have a similar case. I received my FP notice dated 07/28 and completed my FP on 08/13, but my case status shows up as follows -

Application Type: N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On July 27, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.

Has anyone been able to get to the bottom of this?

just wondering- where did you get this information- did you get an e-mail about your case update or did you talk with someone ?

Not as much activity in thread as before, I guess most are (me too) waiting on the interview date. I finished my FP last week, I tried calling the FBI FP check number couple of times to check on my FP results, I guess they do not have an automated system and I will have to call during office hours and talk to somebody there.
Couple of early July filers have already been sent the interview letter, looking at their posts the wait between FP and receiving the interview letter is about 20 days. Hope we all get our FP and name check cleared and get our interview letters soon.

Here is my timeline for those who want to compare : )
07/20/2009 : FP Notice Received
08/12/2009 : FP Appointment / Done (Walk-in)
08/22/2009 : Interview Letter Received
09/30/2009 : Interview Date
xx/xx/2009 : Oath Letter Received
xx/xx/2009 : Oath Date

Not as much activity in thread as before, I guess most are (me too) waiting on the interview date. I finished my FP last week, I tried calling the FBI FP check number couple of times to check on my FP results, I guess they do not have an automated system and I will have to call during office hours and talk to somebody there.
Couple of early July filers have already been sent the interview letter, looking at their posts the wait between FP and receiving the interview letter is about 20 days. Hope we all get our FP and name check cleared and get our interview letters soon.

which number are u dialing (for FBI FP Status Check) ?

"Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. As part of our standard processing you will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you." my current status with the online case check.

It depends on how busy your DO is.
Some send you an IL after a week, some after 3 months.
See last year, that was a huge backlog and the process lasted a year.

Milwaukee,

July 8, 2009, Mailed N-400
July 13, 2009 Check cashed
July 17, 2009 Received Letter of Notice
July 9, 2009, PD
July 20, 2009, Received Finger Printing letter
August 5, 2009, Schedule for finger printing
August 5, 2009, Finger Printing Done.
August 25, 2009, Online status check, case sent for standard interview
Now, waiting for interview letter