July 2009 N-400 Filers

I already got my fingerprint notice and I also got this email.....Im assuming is the same but I dont know, ha!

We got our finger prints too
7/23/2009 - sent N400 to Lewisville,TX
7/28/2009 - Receipt date
8/8/2009 - Received FingerPrint notice
8/20/2009 - Fingerprint Appt

Finally got the interview letter, only problem is that it is at 1:40 pm in the afternoon, so no chance of a same day oath :(. Oh well!

wow, congrats.
That's really fast.
Is your interview date before your 3-yr or 5-yr anniversary?

Yeah, it was pretty quick. Maybe because I live less than 5 miles from the Lewisville facility j/k. Actually the interview is 2 days shy of my 3 year anniversary. So I couldn't have taken the oath the same day anyways. But I would have rather had it 2 days or even a week later than wait for the oath, primarily because we were going to move end of Oct. We'll see how it plays out.

Yeah, it was pretty quick. Maybe because I live less than 5 miles from the Lewisville facility j/k. Actually the interview is 2 days shy of my 3 year anniversary. So I couldn't have taken the oath the same day anyways. But I would have rather had it 2 days or even a week later than wait for the oath, primarily because we were going to move end of Oct. We'll see how it plays out.

congrats sgsnathan....glad things are moving pretty fast.
I am done with my FP....now waiting for the IL...

congrats sgsnathan....glad things are moving pretty fast.
I am done with my FP....now waiting for the IL...

zombie, wait before you congratulate me, it is just an interview letter :). Dallas has been really fast lately, taking an average of 3 months from what I see. In some cases like mine, I have noticed less than 3 months from the application date to the interview/oath date. How long on an average is it taking for Charlotte lately? Based on both our dates, I think you should get the IL later this week or early next week. Keep us posted.

Adding my info

Adding my tracking info:

DO: San Jose, CA
10/05/04 : GC Date
07/31/09 : N400 Mailed to Phoenix
08/03/09 : N-400 Received by USCIS
08/03/09: Priority Date
08/10/09 : Checks cashed
08/12/09 : NOA received
08/13/09 : Online status updated to RFE :(
08/17/09 : FP notice received
09/08/09 : FP appointment
??/??/09: FP completed
??/??/09 : IL received
??/??/?? : Inteview date

zombie, wait before you congratulate me, it is just an interview letter :). Dallas has been really fast lately, taking an average of 3 months from what I see. In some cases like mine, I have noticed less than 3 months from the application date to the interview/oath date. How long on an average is it taking for Charlotte lately? Based on both our dates, I think you should get the IL later this week or early next week. Keep us posted.

I moved to NC from Dallas. I applied for my GC through DORA in dallas and i got my conditional GC in 45 days.....so as i know dallas is super fast.(though i know that has nothing to do with N400 processing)
Heard that Charlotte might take anywhere from 4-8 months. Based on the progress so far i am guessing 3-4 months might be possible.
I congratulated u already cos interview should be a cakewalk for u.(As long as u can cram the civics stuff):D

Keep us posted ...would definitely like to know how the interview goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got FP Notice but Not RFE notice

As mentioned earlier, self and spouse had rfe's raised on 08/11/09 (notified via email) but no sign of it yet in the mail but we got out fp appointment mails dated 08/13/09 yesterday. I think the system message is wrongly worded (as noted elsewhere in the forum). Can any one verify if this message changes a few days after the FP is done. Our FP is scheduled for the 26th. I'll post my experience and if the message changes after a couple of days of the FP.

I moved to NC from Dallas. I applied for my GC through DORA in dallas and i got my conditional GC in 45 days.....so as i know dallas is super fast.(though i know that has nothing to do with N400 processing)
Heard that Charlotte might take anywhere from 4-8 months. Based on the progress so far i am guessing 3-4 months might be possible.
I congratulated u already cos interview should be a cakewalk for u.(As long as u can cram the civics stuff):D

Keep us posted ...would definitely like to know how the interview goes.

Funny that you mention it. Even though I lived in Dallas in 2005, I applied at NBC instead of DORA as I knew we were moving to VA in 3 months and didn't want to risk being at a different place before it was approved. So my GC was delayed by almost a year thanks to the incompetence of USCIS in transferring files, and sitting on them. Maybe it is my turn for a quick processing? ;) Hopefully Charlotte wouldn't take as long as you say. Keep us posted.

I am glad the interview is on the 25th and not earlier because we were going to be out of the country through the 20th. I had tried to time it well knowing how quickly Dallas processed this and that seems to have worked. Now, if only the oath would also get processed in a timely manner provided all goes well.

Did you try to listen to the CD they gave you at the FP place to prepare for the Civics interview? I tried that on my way to work today and found it to be terribly monotonous and boring. Based on what I heard, I think I should be okay for the interview, but will probably read the booklet just in case.

So how are you liking Charlotte compared to Dallas? I loved all the trees they have there.

FP Done

DO: Fairfax,VA ( DC )
10/11/04 : GC Date
07/18/09 : N400 Mailed TX lockbox - UPS Ground
07/24/09 : N-400 Received
07/24/09 : NOA date
07/27/09 : Check cashed
07/27/09 : NOA received
07/30/09 : FP notice date
08/03/09 : FP notice received
08/18/09 : FP completed
??/??/?? : IL received