July 2009 N-400 Filers

zombie2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I've just started this thread for all of those who are getting ready to file N400 in July.

One last step in a remarkable journey...:)

Please keep the thread alive and lets share info and help each other.

Good luck to all

Hi All,

I've just started this thread for all of those who are getting ready to file N400 in July.

One last step in a remarkable journey...:)

Please keep the thread alive and lets share info and help each other.

Good luck to all

hey zombie, thanks for starting this thread. But looking at the name of the thread, I think I may not fall strictly under this because I might apply in June when I become eligible in late June :). In any case, I think this journey shouldn't be as painful as the last one!

Btw, my DO is Dallas, TX and it seems to take around 3 months with most of the latest filers (based on the N-400 thread for Dallas). But who knows what kind of a luck I will end up having :). I will keep you posted. Good luck to all of us!

Last edited by a moderator:
pls help me with these questions

Good to see you guys. Looks like you have already mailed your N400. Please help me with these questions. So that I can mail my N400...

6B. Where have you worked during the last 5 years?
I am computer consultant. My employer was based in Chicago but I was working in North Carolina. So i am mentioning my employer’s address as Chicago. Is that ok

7A. How many total Days did you spend outside of the United States during the past five years?

I came to USA in 2005. Should i count all the days prior to my arrival as being out of USA

7B. How many trips of 24 hours or more have you taken outside of the United States during the past 5 years?

I have been out of USA only once since i first came to USA. But I have been in USA only for 4 years. So what do i write here.

8A How many times have you been married?
8G How many times has your current spouse been married?

Both of us have been married only once (The only marriage for both of us is our marriage). So my answer should be 1 for both 8A and 8G right??

Moral Character D16. Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason?
I have been pulled over 3 times in the last 4 years (twice for speeding and once for Reckless driving). I took defensive drivers for the first one paid the fine. The remaining 2 I paid fines. All of them are less than 300.

I am still mentioning them in my application but the question I have is, I don’t remember the exact dates and the cities I got the tickets. I know the month and year and states I got them. Is that enough or should I give mm/dd/yyyy and city and state for all the citations.

i put my employer name ( in PA ) and mentioned my client address ( in VA ) --
i am mailing my form tomorrow or wednesday --

good to see you guys. Looks like you have already mailed your n400. Please help me with these questions. So that i can mail my n400...

6b. Where have you worked during the last 5 years?
I am computer consultant. My employer was based in chicago but i was working in north carolina. So i am mentioning my employer’s address as chicago. Is that ok

just put your company's name their main office address.

7a. How many total days did you spend outside of the united states during the past five years?

I think what they mean by this question is if you left the us after your arrival.

I came to usa in 2005. Should i count all the days prior to my arrival as being out of usa

7b. How many trips of 24 hours or more have you taken outside of the united states during the past 5 years?

Just put one

i have been out of usa only once since i first came to usa. But i have been in usa only for 4 years. So what do i write here

8a how many times have you been married? ( put 1)
8g how many times has your current spouse been married? (put 1)

both of us have been married only once (the only marriage for both of us is our marriage). So my answer should be 1 for both 8a and 8g right??

Moral character d16. Have you ever been arrested, cited or detained by any law enforcement officer for any reason?
I have been pulled over 3 times in the last 4 years (twice for speeding and once for reckless driving). I took defensive drivers for the first one paid the fine. The remaining 2 i paid fines. All of them are less than 300.

I am still mentioning them in my application but the question i have is, i don’t remember the exact dates and the cities i got the tickets. I know the month and year and states i got them. Is that enough or should i give mm/dd/yyyy and city and state for all the citations.

if you are not arrested or detained then answer no. Lets see what other people's answer

I mailed my application today from Fairfax,VA ( DC area)-- by UPS ground --scheduled delivery -- Friday --

July 2009 N-400 Filer

07-13-09: Mailed n400 to Phoenix, AZ
07-14-09: Priority Date
07-20-09: Recieved NOA
07/27/09: FP notice date
07/29/09: FP notice received
08/14/09: FP appointment
07/31/09: FP Done Walk In
xx/xx/09: IL received
xx/xx/09: ID

I mailed my application today from Fairfax,VA ( DC area)-- by UPS ground --scheduled delivery -- Friday --
xx/xx/09 : N-400 Received
xx/xx/09 : NOA date
xx/xx/09 : Check cashed
x/xx/x09 : NOA received
x/xx/09: FP notice date
x/xx/09: FP notice received
x/xx/09: FP appointment
x/xx/09: IL received
x/xx/09: ID

Haven't you applied two days early? Going by Oct 20, 2004 GC Date. It would be July 22, 2009 when it'll be 90 days.

Well 'Gurus' what's the thumb rule in applying? I am planning to apply later this month. My GC Date is Oct 27, 2004 by the way.

July filer from Astoria, NY

7/18/09 N-400 Sent to Lewisville
7/20/09 N-400 Received
7/22/09 Check cashed

Everybody like me monitoring their bank account everyday??? lol

I don't think they are questing about the year, but about 'Should i count all the days prior to my arrival as being out of usa'

Anyway, the answer is No.

I did count all the days in total cos thats what the question asks. I have mentioned in my application and the additional documents for residence and employment that I am applying based on three year LPR as a spouse of a US citizen pretty clearly.

So I think it should be pretty smooth. Lets see what happens.

:cool: