July 2009 N-400 Filers

I did count all the days in total cos thats what the question asks. I have mentioned in my application and the additional documents for residence and employment that I am applying based on three year LPR as a spouse of a US citizen pretty clearly.

So I think it should be pretty smooth. Lets see what happens.

:cool:

DUDE If you put the number of days you've been out of the US prior to your arrival, expect to be denied.....

DUDE If you put the number of days you've been out of the US prior to your arrival, expect to be denied.....

zombie2006 is applying based on 3 year rule, therefore the statutory period is 3 years. Disclosing all travel during last 5 years will not result in a denial, as they will only look at last 3 years.

I did count all the days in total cos thats what the question asks. I have mentioned in my application and the additional documents for residence and employment that I am applying based on three year LPR as a spouse of a US citizen pretty clearly.

So I think it should be pretty smooth. Lets see what happens.

:cool:

You seem to be confident that you did the right thing, and you mailed the application also. So, good luck, I hope you Citizenship process goes smooth as you anticipated.

zombie2006 is applying based on 3 year rule, therefore the statutory period is 3 years. Disclosing all travel during last 5 years will not result in a denial, as they will only look at last 3 years.

OP: "7A. How many total Days did you spend outside of the United States during the past five years?

I came to USA in 2005. Should i count all the days prior to my arrival as being out of USA"

Former F1: Are you serious?

OP: "I did count all the days in total cos thats what the question asks...."

Formerf1: DUDE If you put the number of days you've been out of the US prior to your arrival, expect to be denied.....

This question is concerned with the number of days OP has been out of the US since her/his arrival and not prior

OP: "7A. How many total Days did you spend outside of the United States during the past five years?

I came to USA in 2005. Should i count all the days prior to my arrival as being out of USA"

Former F1: Are you serious?

OP: "I did count all the days in total cos thats what the question asks...."

Formerf1: DUDE If you put the number of days you've been out of the US prior to your arrival, expect to be denied.....

This question is concerned with the number of days OP has been out of the US since her/his arrival and not prior

The question is" How many total days did you spend outside of the United states during the past five years?"

It doesn't say since you arrived or since you became a LPR...

Anyways i think someone will not be denied based on that answer. The IO will definitely look at the fact that for 7 C. I have listed only 1 trip for 28 days since becoming a LPR.

There are a bunch of people who answered like me and got approved. Go to Visajourney.com and you will find quite a few posts related to this issue.

Thanks formerf1 for all your prompt replies.

Correct, and that's why the IO would only look at the dates during statutory period (3 years in OPs case) even though 5 years of travel history was provided. Again, it would not result in a denial as you stated.

Correct, and that's why the IO would only look at the dates during statutory period (3 years in OPs case) even though 5 years of travel history was provided. Again, it would not result in a denial as you stated.

I see the reasoning behing providing history of the 5 years as the question clearly states. In everything I do however I like mixing caution with a dose of common sense as too much of each alone can cause trouble :).

My timeline:

am waiting for Fp notice now- looks like 15 days is the norm for the notice these days- lets see how it goes.

I received I-797C Notice of Action for N-400 Application with the below content:
The above application has been received by our office and is in process. Our records indicate your personal information is as follows:
Date of Birth:
Address where you live:

Please verify your personal information listed above and immediately notify our office at the address or phone number listed below if there are any changes.

I would like to know if this standard Notice of Action content for I-797C or should I call and confirm my personal information.

Thanks in advance.