July 2008 filers here?

You're well on the way, then!! I have my interview in a little under 2 weeks so starting to get anxious! I'm running out of things to take with me as evidence!!

Mine is Jan 21 and I am nervous and anxious for many reasons too!
What evidence do you have so far?

Good luck

welcome notice received

So i received my Welcome letter in the mail yesterday and my h usband got his Peitition Approved I-130 approval also. Online the I-130 did not update (case received and pending) and the I-485 said "card production ordered".

Totally normal. My I130 still says pending, even though we have the approval letter. Watch out for that GC coming your way :) (took 10 days after the welcome notice for me)

Mine is Jan 21 and I am nervous and anxious for many reasons too!
What evidence do you have so far?

Good luck

Ok, I have the following so far...

Originals
Both birth certificates
Both passports (including my I-94)
Both SS cards
Marriage certificate

Supporting Evidence
Joint lease for house
Car insurance with both names
Bank statement with both names
Joint tax returns for 2006 & 2007
W-2's for 2006 & 2007
Recent pay stubs
Correspondence from IRS with both names
Health insurance elections with both names
Beneficiary forms for our retirement and insurance plans
Selection of photographs since we were dating, engagement, marriage etc

The trouble is that the more I think about it, the more nervous I get - I feel like I need more and more evidence. I'm just worried I'll miss something that they'll ask for! I went through my packet last weekend, I'll do the same this weekend and one final time the day before.

Best of luck with yours, too!

Ok, I have the following so far...

Originals
Both birth certificates
Both passports (including my I-94)
Both SS cards
Marriage certificate

Supporting Evidence
Joint lease for house
Car insurance with both names
Bank statement with both names
Joint tax returns for 2006 & 2007
W-2's for 2006 & 2007
Recent pay stubs
Correspondence from IRS with both names
Health insurance elections with both names
Beneficiary forms for our retirement and insurance plans
Selection of photographs since we were dating, engagement, marriage etc

The trouble is that the more I think about it, the more nervous I get - I feel like I need more and more evidence. I'm just worried I'll miss something that they'll ask for! I went through my packet last weekend, I'll do the same this weekend and one final time the day before.

Best of luck with yours, too!

Don't forget your sponsor's naturalization certificate. I think the naturalization certificate is considered a more valid proof of citizenship than a passport. Also, it is the information from naturalization certificate that you put in I130 form and not passport, when you apply for GC.

Don't forget your sponsor's naturalization certificate. I think the naturalization certificate is considered a more valid proof of citizenship than a passport. Also, it is the information from naturalization certificate that you put in I130 form and not passport, when you apply for GC.

Thanks for the suggestion. My wife is actually a US Citizen by birth - I met her after moving over here for my job but she's lived here her whole life. Her birth certificate and passport will be sufficient for proof of citizenship....

Interview Letter

Got Wife's Interview Letter for 01-27-2008
DO is atlanta

Details
Application for Wife, Married since Jan 2007

District Office: Atlanta

Applied at Chicago Lockbox
ND: 07-23
FP: 08-14
EAD Approved: 10-02
AP Approved: 10-02
AP Received: 10-03
IL received: 11-21
IL Date: 01-27

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm finally get my interview letter.....my is very slow...to get the letter , but the interview date it's not too far.......by the way i do in Fairfax, VA (DC area)

Got my parents Employment Authorization card today. Here is timeline.
07/27/08 Send i-130,I-485, I-765 to Lees's summit, MO
07/30/08 Received Date
08/04/08 Notice date
08/14/08 Bio Done (Walk-in)
08/19/08 Request for additional information ( RFE)
10/10/08 Additional information supplied
11/05/08 Case forwarded to CA center
12/01/08 EAD received.

Interview Feedback

Hi all,

So I had my interview yesterday and it couldn't have been easier! Our appointment was at 10:50am and we arrived at the office at about 10:30am. After getting through security and making our way to the office we ended up being seen at 11:00am. Our IO was super nice and welcomed us into her office. After being sworn in, she started going through the application that we had already submitted and asked some really simple questions - parents names and our socials etc. I had to answer each of the questions on the form about whether I was a Totalitarian etc. After that, she asked what additional evidence we had brought as proof of our relationship. We provided some letters from the IRS, joint tax returns for 2006 and 2007, joint car insurance, american express and bank statements and flight receipts for the last 3 years from us both visiting the UK to see my family.

After that, she asked to see the photo albums of which we had 4 and she was mainly interested in the wedding album.

The actual 'interview' part with directed questions lasted less than 10 minutes. The rest of the time was very nice and chatty - just talking about how we met and the wedding etc.

Overall, having done the interview my main recommendations are the following:

1) Arrive in plenty of time so you can relax and prepare for the interview.
2) Be organized! Make sure that everything that you are bringing is very well organized and that you can put your hands on it quickly. I even brought extra copies of everything we had already submitted along with copies of the additional proof we brought with us. Our IO complimented us on being so well organized and how much easier her job was as a result.
3) I took the advice of someone else on this forum and created a list on a sheet of paper showing each piece of evidence I had brought with us, including copies. The IO really liked this.

All being well I should have my green card by the end of the month - can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

So I had my interview yesterday and it couldn't have been easier! Our appointment was at 10:50am and we arrived at the office at about 10:30am. After getting through security and making our way to the office we ended up being seen at 11:00am. Our IO was super nice and welcomed us into her office. After being sworn in, she started going through the application that we had already submitted and asked some really simple questions - parents names and our socials etc. I had to answer each of the questions on the form about whether I was a Totalitarian etc. After that, she asked what additional evidence we had brought as proof of our relationship. We provided some letters from the IRS, joint tax returns for 2006 and 2007, joint car insurance, american express and bank statements and flight receipts for the last 3 years from us both visiting the UK to see my family.

After that, she asked to see the photo albums of which we had 4 and she was mainly interested in the wedding album.

The actual 'interview' part with directed questions lasted less than 10 minutes. The rest of the time was very nice and chatty - just talking about how we met and the wedding etc.

Overall, having done the interview my main recommendations are the following:

1) Arrive in plenty of time so you can relax and prepare for the interview.
2) Be organized! Make sure that everything that you are bringing is very well organized and that you can put your hands on it quickly. I even brought extra copies of everything we had already submitted along with copies of the additional proof we brought with us. Our IO complimented us on being so well organized and how much easier her job was as a result.
3) I took the advice of someone else on this forum and created a list on a sheet of paper showing each piece of evidence I had brought with us, including copies. The IO really liked this.

All being well I should have my green card by the end of the month - can't wait!

Congrats!!!!!
Thanks for posting your interview experience and good tips :)

Best wishes !

I got my interview letter today for jan, 28 2009

DO; Newark
7/17/08 (0) - Sent 130,485,693,864ez,765 to MSC
7/20 (1) - RD
7/23 (5) - Checks cashed
7/25 (7) - ND for I-130 and I-485, rejection notice for I-765
7/31 (13) - FP notice (8/20)
8/04 (17) - resent updated I-765 form to MSC
8/13 (26) - ND for I-765
8/20 (33) - FP done for I-485
8/21 (34) - FP notice for I-765 (9/02)
9/02 (44) - FP done for I-765
10/17 (89) - I-765 online : EAD card prod. ordered
10/24 (96) - EAD received

Just received an email today (the first, by the way!) that my card production has been ordered....oooohhhh...I can almost smell it!

We filed on July 15th.
We received all the receipts, we received the biometrics appointment after 2 weeks. in semptember they told us that they needed more evidences (my husband's tax returns),they received the evidences on October 10th.
Since then NOTHING.. no work permit, no interview , nothing ... i called the costumer service and they told me that it's processing but they didn't give me any time frame or anything...
anybody in my shoes?? any suggestions?

Just a thought: When you called the NCS, which application did you ask about? If you asked about your I-485, then they'll just say to wait. However, there is a 90-day deadline for EAD and AP applications, so if you're past that deadline, then they can put in a service request for one of those and that may move things along for the AOS application as well. My guess is that your application has been forgotten since they received your RFE reply and you need to do something to move it along.

I had my interview today at NYC. 8:15 am... sooo early... LOL it was seriously nerve wracking...
my husband and i arrived there at 7:30... passed security and met with the lawyer in the room... Our lawyer checked all the documents that we have and the pictures. he said he cant see anything that they wouldnt approve the case we have good proofs... at 8:45 - 9:00 am I guess we were finally called... it took us i think 30 mins in the room. the IO had my husband answer by writing all the questions she printed out, it was i think 20 questions. once he's done writing all his answers, she asked me how we met? and then asked me verbally all the questions that my husband asnwered... so its more of like checking if we'll have same answers for all the questions... thankfully... i answered them correctly... and perfectly same as my husband's...
here are the sample questions:
- if we lived together before marriage?
- color of our couch?
- color of our bed sheets?
- color of the curtain in the room?
- color of the shower curtain?
- color of the wall in the bathroom?
- what did we do after the wedding?
- how many people were in the wedding?
- what did we have for dinner last night?
- last time we went out for dinner?
- my husband's job?
- name of the company he works for?
- how much does he make?
- who pays the rent?
- who locked the door when we left in the morning?
- how many locks in the main door?
- who wakes up first everyday?
- where do we keep dirty clothes?
- if there is a fire exit attached to the room?

and she asked my husband the date of marriage, and my parents name...
and its all done...

documents we submitted:
-life insurance with both of our names as benificiary
-family life insurance with his and my name
-joint credit card account
-joint checking account
-since we live with his mom, she made a letter stating that and we share the rent with her
-orig marriage, and birth certs
-tax and w2 from 2005 - 2007
-my husbands pay stub

after the interview the IO told us it would take atmost 60 days for her to review and decide about the case. but she assured us that definitely it would not take that long for us to get a response about the case... so i was kinda disappointed because i thought i will know right away. But after few hours i got an email from CRIS that today, dec 10 they ordered a production of my new card... so i am happy now...