July 2008 filers here?

woodenshoe101

Registered Users (C)
I can hardly imagine I would be the only one here filing this month, so if July is your month, post updates here.

I just sent off the whole pkg (130, 485, G325A's, 693, 864EZ, 765, 131) per Fedex. Was hoping to file earlier this month but dunces in my birth town sent birth certificate per boat (if no "airmail" or "priority" sticker, it goes by boat from europe :eek:, may take up to 2 months to get here - still waiting for my originally requested BC to get here, 4 wks now). I had to request another one for my folks to pick up and send airmail.

So now the waiting begins ;). Good luck to all!

I should also thank all on these forums who contributed all their bits and pieces of knowledge, experience, and advice. When I first started looking into this whole process i felt really overwhelmed, but the info on these forums is invaluable and helped me a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully filing this month

I will hopefully be filing this month if my medical goes through as fast as i hope. It's stuck with doctor's paperwork.

Medical was the biggest sham of all in my experience. $175 for a 5 minute physical exam, and 10 minutes paperwork. Even though my mmr was up to date doc wanted another one, plus the standard hiv and syph tests (which fortunately I could all get for free at the student health center). All in all their time expense (nurse + doc) was less than 45 minutes... ka-ching! If I hadn't been out of town, medical would have been completely turned around in 3 days.

On top of that, I hope uscis can decipher what the doc wrote on the form. My own handwriting ain't pretty, but his was atrocious... omg

Filed Today

Hi everyone,

I've been following this forum and the posts have been very helpful. I just came back from the post office sending 130, 845, 171, 131, 693 to Chicago Lockbox. Post office says it'll arrive tomorrow. I hope everything goes smoothly :) I'll be updating my timeline as results come in.

Devhijhay

_______
7/8/2008: Got married!

Filing status
7/17/08 - Sent 130,485,325A,693,864ez,765,131 to Chicago

just updating :)

_____
7/8/2008: Got married!

Filing status
7/17/08 - Sent 130,485,325A,693,864ez,765,131 to Chicago
7/18/08 - Package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

Since we sent and had our packages delivered on the same day, I'm interested to see how the time lines will compare.

Any idea what DO you will likely be assigned? For me it will likely be Chicago (live downstate IL, 2.2 h from Chi, 2 h from Indy, 3 h from StL), but secretly hoping Indy (little bit closer for me and more easily accessible). Could even be St. Louis but I doubt that will happen.

yeah, it'd be great to have a similar timeline to compare to.

New Jersey will probably go to the Vermont Office. I'm not sure exactly if everything will be processed there as local office nearest me is Newark (which I heard, they process too).

the waiting game begins!

July 17th 2008 Filer

Hello All

I live in Washington DC.
7/17/2008 : Sent I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 to Chicago Lockbox
Nothing as yet.
Will keep you all updated.
Cheers
Deep

NOA received today

I received NOAs for all 4 forms today (I130, I485, I131 and I765). Checks are not cashed yet. I130 shows my wife's A# on it (she is USC and filing for me). Is this same with everyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
July filer, how long should it take to get EAD and AP? Thanks. Anybody get any news on this?

Check the April timelines. They're just starting to receive them.

-ML

DO: Santa Ana / SC: California Service Center

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)

Checks Cashed

Checks appeared on my account today. I tried checking my case status online but they don't show up (receipt number starts with MSC). Anyone else able to check their case status yet?

Checks appeared on my account today. I tried checking my case status online but they don't show up (receipt number starts with MSC). Anyone else able to check their case status yet?

Give it a day or two. Not all cases end up online before receiving notice. If you have receipt #s they will show up eventually.

Is it too early to assume package is lost?

Hello
So -
I-485 Package received at Chicago lockbox on July 19th and nothing as yet. Looks like everyone else who sent it around the same time have had their checks cashed and received NOAs. Is it too early to assume its been lost?? Anyone else out there with a similar issue?
Thanks,
Dee

Hello
So -
I-485 Package received at Chicago lockbox on July 19th and nothing as yet. Looks like everyone else who sent it around the same time have had their checks cashed and received NOAs. Is it too early to assume its been lost?? Anyone else out there with a similar issue?
Thanks,
Dee

How did you send it? Did you request a delivery/signature confirmation?