July 2007 Visa Bulletin Update

Last edited by a moderator:
--- The way I understood it is USCIS just shoved its big right foot in to hard working, tax paying legal immigrant's ass ** soooo deep that we can taste its foot thumb in our mouth.

I'd blame DOS on this one - USCIS can neither approve nor accept I-485s if DOS won't allocate visa numbers. What a mess.

USCIS Update

Guys

Look at the following USCIS Update, "beginning today, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is rejecting applications to adjust status (Form I-485) filed by aliens whose priority dates are not current under the revised July Visa Bulletin."

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/VisaBulletin2Jul07.pdf

I think that they are not going to accept 485, whose priority dates are not current under the revised July Visa Bulletin.

Not sure what USCIS meant exactly. Hope for the best guys,

does this mean no one can apply for 485 now till Oct of this year? So even if someone's PD is 2002, they cannot apply for 485????

does this mean no one can apply for 485 now till Oct of this year? So even if someone's PD is 2002, they cannot apply for 485????

That's correct. If the categories are UNAVAILABLE, it means that no one can file an I-485, even if your priority date was 1990.

That's not correct. Applicants who are eligible in June Visa bulletin can send their 485 petetions.

I think you still cannot apply 485 even if u r current in June bulletin, because in the revised July bulletin it says - "Effective Monday July 2, 2007 there will be no further authorizations in response to requests for Employment-based preference cases."

So looks like they have stopped it all until oct 2007.........

That's not correct. Applicants who are eligible in June Visa bulletin can send their 485 petetions.
gcjagadam
sorry to say, but if the AOS application didnt reach before 30th June, it wont be accepted till the visa numbers are available again for gievn PD. According to revised July bulletin all EB numbers are unavailable.

My Attorney will still send my package!!! Please Read Below ......

:mad: :mad: :mad:
People spend a lot of money on this to get ready -- now this is big screwup!! Someone was not thinking straight before updating the "Original July Bulletin"

http://www.aila.com ..........

Should I File My I-485 Applications?
Cite as "AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 07070266 (posted Jul. 2, 2007)"

USCIS announced this afternoon that, effective today, it is rejecting all employment-based adjustment of status applications where the priority date is not current under the revised visa bulletin. [AILA InfoNet Document Number 07070265]. USCIS Service Center Operations has advised AILA liaison that it will be rejecting ALL employment-based adjustment of status applications received beginning today.

So, Do I Keep Filing?

Many members have asked whether they should keep filing employment-based adjustment applications in light of today's announcement by the Department of State that there will be no further authorizations of visa numbers for employment preferences and the announcement by USCIS referenced above. This is, of course, a decision each applicant must make and each attorney must advise in his or her best judgment. However, following are some factors to keep in mind:

AILF's Legal Action Center is preparing to litigate. Plaintiffs and class members whose applications were rejected or returned would have the strongest legal claims and have the strongest claims to benefit from a favorable result.

Some case law indicates that where an applicant or their attorney did not apply or permitted the agency to "front desk" an application (turned the applicant away without evidence they had applied) those beneficiaries were not eligible for the remedies ordered by the court.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: