JULY 2003 CHENNAI CP EXPERIENCES

Re: I-140 time in california

Originally posted by immportuser
Guys

What is the average time for I-140 approval in california. I am in EB2 category. Am kinda stuck to chose between consular processing and I485. My H1 expires by end of next year.

pl advise
thanks

There is an I-140 specific forum which can provide more information for you.

But I did read somewhere that California service center is
processing the I-140s very fast compared to other service centers.

Raju

Originally posted by cannon576
I have the CP interview on a friday. When can i expect the bluedart to deliver the visa. I am planning to go on a trip on saturday and sunday. i will postpone, if they might deliver on a saturday.
My CP interview in Chennai was on a Tuesday and the Courier was delivered on Wednesday evening. I understand that, atleast for the cities the courier comes the next day.

visa after cp

If every thing is as per schedule then generally next day for Chennai. For metros like Bangalore also the next day. In case it is delayed contact at the Chennai consulate email address.

Last edited by a moderator:
does blue dart deliver on saturdays? has anybody been to an interview on a friday and got the visa on friday or saturday?
thanks

Regarding the Blue Dart courier fees, where is this information available. Is is sent along with packet 4? In my case i received only the appt.letter and i was not able to locate this info on chennai web site. I know it is 350 + (50*num of applicants), payable to blue Dart.

Does chennai always send the visa by courier, or is there an option to collect your visa personally the same day later in the evening.

Thanks,
Jay.

Originally posted by jchandra29
Regarding the Blue Dart courier fees, where is this information available. Is is sent along with packet 4? In my case i received only the appt.letter and i was not able to locate this info on chennai web site. I know it is 350 + (50*num of applicants), payable to blue Dart.

Does chennai always send the visa by courier, or is there an option to collect your visa personally the same day later in the evening.

Thanks,
Jay.

The amount is Rs.300 + ( Rs.50 * no. of applicants )

Payable to : Blue Dart Express Ltd.,
Payable at : Chennai

The following are the Blue Dart phone numbers in CHENNAI

The Consulate always sends by Courier.

Raju

What happens to the delivery

What about the delivery to places where there is no Blue-dart offices or there are no courier services available in the whole village/city?.
Thanks.

Re: What happens to the delivery

Originally posted by imihelp
What about the delivery to places where there is no Blue-dart offices or there are no courier services available in the whole village/city?.
Thanks.

That is what the phone numbers are for. Call them to get answers to all your questions.

Normally the courier companies would have network of
partner courier companies where they do not have their own
field office.

Raju

salary diff for CP

Raju595,
I have salary difference btw LC and current pay. That is I am getting 48. But, in LC it was mentioned 60. How to face this at Consulate. Some time back you gave suggestion to somebody to resolve this issue by sending offline message to his/her email id. If you dont mind, please suggest me the solution by sending mail to my email id kpallekonda@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

I dont think getting less pay than what you are supposed to get is of concern for now. But if the letter from employer states that you WILL BE PAID LESS THAN WHAT IT IS SPECIFIED IN LABOR CERT. could pose some problems.

As long as you have a letter from your employer that you will be paid > LC salary, you are OK.

This is my opinion ,please consult an attorney!

Guys,

Finally got my wife's PC too yesterday. So, my GC process is done completely.. (well almost.. except for the safe period... ;) )

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Originally posted by bvganesh
Usually they say it's about 6 months to 1 year. But 3 months is good enough.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Again there is no written guidelines on this.

Cheers,
Ganesh.