JULY 2003 CHENNAI CP EXPERIENCES

Mine too :)

The appointment was at 8am.
I entered consulate 8am.
Was called to the last conuter well ahead of us ( may be the lady saw two kids with me ) at 8:45.
After the document verification, few questions and corrections on original DS230 part -I asked to sit back.
Called by the American consulate officer at 9:10, few questions ( will give detail tonight ), heard the great news "Your visa approved and you are free to leave the consulate" by ~9:20.

Party........

hotel review

July CPers,
thanks for sharing info. in this forum.
Chennai outsiders, Can you also post your experiences with hotels & transportation.

IV paper received today -- Successful CP continued!!

Guyz,

Congratulations to all successful July CPers. And advance wishes for all CPers who are going to consulate in the next few days!!

Received the IV papers (with the sealed packet) along with the passport for myself and my wife.

Things to note:
-------------------
1. My H1-B visa was not cancelled. (Did not have the stamp "Cancelled without prejudice")
2. Neither was my wife's H4 Visa cancelled.
3. All the details were correct for both my wife & myself
4. The courier guy asked for a photocopy of the appointment letter & the ration card as we were not at home when it was delivered.

More details would be updated soon!

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Congratulations.....

Kant and all the others who have got their visas this month..

Congratulations.

Good luck to those waiting in line.

I have been busy with travelling and new project but will keep visiting the forum. Not finding time to file the I-90 (for inclusion of
middle name on the PC). Will post my experience about this.

For those who have two(2) words in their first name, make sure
the sequence is correct at the consulate itself. Even though it
was very clear the way I entered in the DS 230 they made a mistake and as the instructions with the visa packet say, name
interchanges will not be corrected at the Consulate later.

The officer at the POE was considerate enough to open a change request but it was not corrected.

Raju

Successful CP !

Hi Guys,

Congrats to all of you who have been completed their cp successfully.

After a lot of argument with Consular Officer, my visa has been approved. For some reason the officer was not very friendly with us at all. I argued with him for almost 30 min. and was able to convince him. He did not like our company letter head. He said that the letter head looks very poor and some more silly questions he raised. Any way, finally I got the visa.

Still I'm not comfortable with one thing. On my visa papaer it says:

Section 212a/5A : Attached.

Could some one please help me to under stand what it means? Did you guys have the same thing on your visa paper as well?
Is this going to be a problem for me in the port-of-entry?

Please respond asap.

Thanks in advance,
Pandu.

Hi All,
Had IV interview yesterday. Experience similar to everyone else. Some confusing questions but finallly visa was issued. The Officer understood that i was currently working in the US whereas i was actually working in India. Entire process took 1hour, from entry to exit from consulate.

Wishing all remaining July and August CPers all the very best.

Cheers!
chencp2003

Congrats to all those who got their visas approved already.
I got my visa approved on 23rd morning after some tense moments with the visa officer. I was not aware that I needed to carry all the previous H1 Approval letters. I got my passport stamped with the latest approval letter, but about four years back I worked for a company during which I did not travel out of US and thought it was not necessary to get the visa stamped in my passport. Visa officer asked me why I did not get the visa stamped in the first place and secondly asked me for the approval letter. He did not agree with my answer that I did not travel out of US and for the second question I had no proper answer. He was telling me that he has no evidence that I had H1 during that period and that I am out of status. I firmly rejected his notion that I am out of status at the same time I was tense and feeling guilty that I am supposed to carry Previous H1 approval letter if it was not on my passport. I think my lawer is also partly responsible for not even mentioning about this perticular document to be carried along ( hefty fee was paid to the lawer well in advance for CP). Anyway, the tense moments passed and the visa officer finally may have thought its enough of teasing??? But thanks to him and all the guys on this forum for all the great real help.
I have one question left, my father's first name was misspelled on the visa will it matter? Do I have to send it back for correction?.
All future immigrats should opt for CP if they have all the documents, its easier way out of this timeconsuming GC process.
Also, I stayed in hotel named, "Savera", excellant service, cost around Rs.3100 for suite and may be less for double room. It is about 3 to 5 minutes by auto to the embassy, it is on Radha krisna road right below the flyover. And finally, the best part is Dr.Raj Kumar, great guy, he has lady nurse/s for checking all the female applicants; he suggested my a nice hotel for lunch where they served food in bannana leaves and very traditional south indian meals.
Thanks to you all again - ram1329

[Originally posted by ram1329

I have one question left, my father's first name was misspelled on the visa will it matter? Do I have to send it back for correction?.
Thanks to you all again - ram1329 [/B][/QUOTE]

The Consulate does not entertain requests for errors like the one
you mentioned or name interchanges.

However you can bring this to the notice of the INS officer at
POE. He has means of putting in a change request.

Congratulations.

Raju

Congratulations to JULY CPers who got visa.

Hi chennupandu, could you please explain the details of visa interview. This would hep us to prepare for interview.

>>>>>>
After a lot of argument with Consular Officer, my visa has been approved. For some reason the officer was not very friendly with us at all. I argued with him for almost 30 min. and was able to convince him. He did not like our company letter head. He said that the letter head looks very poor and some more silly questions he raised. Any way, finally I got the visa.

Company's financial info for CP

Is company's financial and annual reports mandatory for CP interview. CP gurus, please shed light on this.

For ChennuPandu -

http://www.oalj.dol.gov/decisions/A... COMPUTER SUPPLY, 1997-INA-00494 Apr 19, 2001),%20CADEC,%20152524,%20wp.PDF

I searched google for "Section 212a/5A" and it came up with the above link - the link is related to Labor Certification rejection.
Normally Section 212a is related to rejection. As you know I am no Lawyer - may be your attorney can shed more light on this. If I were you I will contact my Attorney immediately.

The information below is extracted from US Consulate Chennai FAQ - 5A is not mentioned in the FAQ. They have 4 and 6C1

212(a)(4)ineligibility: We are unable to issue an immigrant or non-immigrant visa to an applicant who appears to have insufficient financial resources in the U.S. and who it appears may become a public charge to the U.S. state or federal social welfare system. This provision is particularly applicable to applicants for non-immigrant visas who wish to visit the U.S. for medical treatment. We need to know the cost of the treatment, including the charges of both the physicians and the hospital and any therapy or recuperative treatment the applicant may need. Applicants for immigrant visas who cannot clearly support themselves immediately upon arrival to the U.S. need to demonstrate that the relative who is sponsoring them has sufficient funds to support them until they are able to become self-supporting.
212(a)(6)(C)(1) ineligibility: Applicants should be very careful to be truthful in all areas of their visa applications. Applicants who willfully misrepresent material facts in the immigrant or non-immigrant visa applications can be found ineligible to enter the U.S. If you present forged, counterfeit or otherwise bogus documents you are likely to fall under this provision of the law.

i really doubt if the visa is rejected, considering the fact that the consular officer has approved visa and have mailed visa papers. Plus: you cant go for CP without getting Labor Certification and I140 approved. So, immigration visa getting rejected for labor certification (212 a/5a) is unlikely. May be, experienced CPers should shed some light on this matter.

Re: Successful CP !

Originally posted by chennupandu
Hi Guys,

Congrats to all of you who have been completed their cp successfully.

Still I'm not comfortable with one thing. On my visa papaer it says:

Section 212a/5A : Attached.

Could some one please help me to under stand what it means? Did you guys have the same thing on your visa paper as well?
Is this going to be a problem for me in the port-of-entry?

Please respond asap.

Thanks in advance,
Pandu.

What it probably means is that your approved labor certification is enclosed in the packet. Section 5A deals with LCs. It is written on all EB immigrant visas (at least it was on mine).

Company's financial info for CP

Is company's financial and annual reports mandatory for CP interview. CP gurus, please shed light on this.

Packet IV Visa

Recieved Packet IV Visa by Blue Dart Courier on July 23rd evening at 6pm.

Checked the informtaion in the attached Visa paper, most of the information looks correct but for the below :

City and Country of Birth for me and my wife are correct.
Our Final Address in USA is mentioned correctly.

City and Country of Last Residence for me and my wife are not correct. (Basically they have switched the Place of Birth for me and my wife as each others - Place of Last Residence)

And actually my occupation is Software Engineer and my education is MCA. But my occupation in the attached Visa is mentioned as MCS Mathematical/Computer Scientist !!!

Should these inaccurate reporting of information in the Packet IV Visa be corrected from the Consulate in Chennai ?
Or Should they be corrected at POE ?
Or Can these be overlooked and left as is ?

Also my latest US Visa is not striked out as CWOP.

And in the passport there is no stamping or anything like that to mention that Packet IV has been issued - is that correct ?

Please advice ...

Thanks
Karthi

Limited corrections are only accepted

Karthi_ram,

If you see your visa packet, you will find a letter for corrections. In that they have mentioned that only for name, DOB, Passport number mistakes are corrected. Others are not correct at embassy level.

You can rectify this minor mistakes at POE.

There will not be any stamp in passport at embassy. At POE, you will get a stamp I-551 with a one year validity. It is just a rubber stamp (not a printed visa paper). You will be finger printed at POE.

Thanks,
Puliraju

Consular Processing

Hi all,

Our immigrant visa has been approved. There were no major
problems.

. Reached Chennai on 18th morning.
. Went to Lister Lab on 18th morning.
. Collected lab reports at 4:30 PM
. Went to Dr. Raj Kumar in the evening. medicals and have
taken MMR shot
. Attended interview on 22nd. Person who verified the documents
and consulate officer are friendly.
. Officer asked few general questions like
How much is your salray ?
Date of marriage etc
. Next day, Blue dart delivered visa and passports.
. you may want to take photo copy of documents( if you need
originals etc).

Best Wishes,
Holy_GC

Hi all,

On successful CP, will the embassy issue the immigrant visa in the passport ??? or it is done only in the POE ???

The reason I am asking this is, the visa stamping in my passport has expired. I have applied for a single entry transit visa in Frankfurt ariport for my travel from US to India. I did not apply for the transit visa upon return from India. I thought there will be some kind of proof for Immigrant visa in the passport which they will accept. But I am not sure. I understand that I will be given a sealed visa package which I am not supposed to open.

My question is if there is no proof in the passport for Immigrant visa how will the airport officials believe that I have a valid Immigrant visa..........

Do I have to apply for a transit visa for my return trip too.........

Can somebody please share your comments................

Thanks,
lux

luxGC,
On successful CP, they will issue Visa packet with an Immigation Visa pasted on the packet. It contains passport number, photo and looks like a visa page on Passport (just double the size).

At POE, they will put a rubber stamp in passport.

Thanks,
Puliraju

The immigrant visa is a clearly visible 8½ X 11 inches sheet attached (stapled) to the outside of a sealed package that you get after successful CP interview. There is no other stamp in passport. This visa is genarally accepted as a valid US visa at most airports. The only hassle is that you will have to hand carry the sealed package and show it at every check point.