• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

JULY 15 Re-draw Maybe Cancelled!!!!

win dv

Registered Users (C)
The information below was said by Mr. White (lawyer). I guess they COULD cancel it ( by US law) once an investigation is in progress. Howver, if the lawsuit fails, will they proceed with DV-2013 which is possibly 4 months away?:

White said he contacted the department last month, requesting that the original winners be recognized and a second drawing be held only to fill the remaining slots.

"The department ignored that proposal. Now as a result of the lawsuit, it is possible that the July 15 re-run of the lottery will be canceled," he said.

You know, then we will sue DOS too, we have more genuine reasons to sue them than the 22.000 "winners"

You know, then we will sue DOS too, we have more genuine reasons to sue them than the 22.000 "winners"
Agreed. Think about it, only 36 of out the 22,000 live in the USA which mean that they have some rights to sue (i could be wrong). However, because this is a 'class- action' lawsuit, the others (with no rights) will benefit if they win. In light of this, the ex-losers can rightfully sue on the basis of unfairness of the non-random draw which is against the law.

anyway, i think lawsuits take a LONG TIME to resolve right? i think they will proceed with the redraw of july 15th or they will face even MORE problems and complaints after they sent those emails and all that shit

Agreed. Think about it, only 36 of out the 22,000 live in the USA which mean that they have some rights to sue (i could be wrong). However, because this is a 'class- action' lawsuit, the others (with no rights) will benefit if they win. In light of this, the ex-losers can rightfully sue on the basis of unfairness of the non-random draw which is against the law.

I agree with u bro.

anyway, i think lawsuits take a LONG TIME to resolve right? i think they will proceed with the redraw of july 15th or they will face even MORE problems and complaints after they sent those emails and all that shit
Yup, lawsuits can take long depending on the nature of them. Again, they don't have to proceed with the re-draw, if it's by US law that lawsuits must be settled first.

This situation is just crazy and complicated. People are tired of waiting and want to put this behind them. They really should not prolong this.

I mean come on!! A typical class action lawsuit takes approximately two to four years from the time it's filed until it's concluded, is these really a journey this ex-22,000 winners wanna embark on? By the time u guys are done with ur lawsuit, ur home country might even be the next America....lol, and if there's to be DV2013, the winners will be in the USA already while you guys are still on ur so called "class-action lawsuit". U guys are going hard on this lawsuit as if it's something that will be completed in a matter of months....smh! Well, my advise to u people is that, if u happen not to selected on July 15, and there happen to be a DV2013, u better enter for it because it's a long journey u guys are embarking on! BTW, I hope DOS will be able to lobby so that the July 15 results be announced...Hehehe!

is these really a journey this ex-22,000 winners wanna embark on?
Yeah, pretty much.

As of right now this lawsuit isn't certified as class action by the court (this certification could be denied), so for now we're talking only about 36 individuals residing in the US.

I mean come on!! A typical class action lawsuit takes approximately two to four years from the time it's filed until it's concluded, is these really a journey this ex-22,000 winners wanna embark on? By the time u guys are done with ur lawsuit, ur home country might even be the next America....lol, and if there's to be DV2013, the winners will be in the USA already while you guys are still on ur so called "class-action lawsuit". U guys are going hard on this lawsuit as if it's something that will be completed in a matter of months....smh! Well, my advise to u people is that, if u happen not to selected on July 15, and there happen to be a DV2013, u better enter for it because it's a long journey u guys are embarking on! BTW, I hope DOS will be able to lobby so that the July 15 results be announced...Hehehe!
I guess they didn't think about the ramifications of their action or how it can back-fire on them.

OIG will resolve the issue before the case gets to a judge. It is called compromise, especially when the DOS premise for voiding the initial result is somewhat tenuous. Whilst it is human nature to speculate and over-speculate (including myself) we should all wait with patience on how this case would be finally resolved, by the DOS; OIG or the Court.

Stay blessed all

I don't like this one bit...so tired of waiting. First you submit, wait for 6 months, then see "not selected", a week later they say- "sorry false alarm, just wait some more", and now this..What a nerve-wrecking year this is..

totaly right, even me the ex winner am growing tired of this...now the lawsuit stays on my mind all day long...I want a quick resolution about this, this is just getting ridiculous...

& i won't just wait 4-5 years for the lawsuit like someone said... if not selected on july 15 (if it takes place because now i truly believe that anything can happen... first the redraw now the lawsuit...), i will try again next year & so on until i win
I don't like this one bit...so tired of waiting. First you submit, wait for 6 months, then see "not selected", a week later they say- "sorry false alarm, just wait some more", and now this..What a nerve-wrecking year this is..

Honnestly & not because I was an ex selectee, I think at this point, it's in the former non selectee best interest to wish that DOS give the former 22k an interview because that will shut them up instead of wishing them failure & taking the risk to see the DV 2012 in jeopardy because think for a moment instead of hating... they lost the right to apply for a visa but still stand a slim chance on july 15 & they are making noises (you can't deny that noise is being done)... what do you think would happen if they definitely lose on july 15...?

& Mister White... He knows he can't win, well scratch that, he knows his chance of winning are low so his strategy is to make as much noise as he can to put a "shame" on DOS... & so far he is succeeding... since 36 plaintif lives in usa, the courtroom has a real possibility to be the next step & i do not think that DOS wants a lawsuit... that will cost them 42 millions dollars (the money DV bring them each years...) & time... If the lawsuit is approuved, then it is in the best interest of EVERYBODY to reinstal the former 22k... like this, july 15 could still happen... if not, believe me former non selectees who doesn't want former seletees to get a chance... EVERYBODY WILL LOSE... Me i want this whole joke to just end as quick as possible because now the DV 2012 is taking a big part of my mind... first attempt & sadly all this mess

Last edited by a moderator:
For all those doubting if a case against DV lottery can ever be won can read the two cases below:
Paunescu v. I.N.S., 76 F. Supp. 2d 896 (1999)

Nyaga v. Ashcroft, 323 F.3d 906 (2003)

yes, & having money for being lazy is a great feeling mister minister of finace who may lead the usa in a greece like crisis if ever in charge... by the way, when will you lead the departement of finance? pls, send me a lazyness check sir
Talking about finances - have you picked your June check from French government?