July 07 Bulletin Update--Retrogression dates for Jul.02/03

How does this impact those that already filed their application?

My assumption is that if you have filed your 485 application before the announcement of the revised/retrogressed date, your 485 approval may be delayed but atleast you can work on EAD card 6 months after filing the application. Could someone please let me know if my assumption is correct or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
You only evaluate money, but you forget emotions/trauma of these people are going through. At least for now I don't pass this kind of comments to those people who are going suffer from unprecedented shock.

Good luck to everybody

Haha...lawsuit my ***
USCIS doent care....they never have.

Lawsuits are typically rejected if they mean to tell govt what to do.
Else bush wouldnt have been allowed into iraq.

Its frankly a problem of DoS and not DHS under which USCIS comes.
If Dos comes out with interim bulletin, USCIS will hide behind it(yes legally)

And Dos bulletin are anticipated demand and is not a science.
There goes the lawsuit in flush.

AILA only looking after their own interest, they couldnt care less about you. They never have. Immigrants are not part of association.
Some sneaky lawyers would still bill their clients.

Frankly, current bulletin was unexpected, and hence its withdrawl. So practically no hardship was faced by anyone.

Collecting docs is not hardship or financial burden, they would still be valid when the turn comes. Yes medical would expire after a year and HIV and TB would be redone and 693 re-prepared, but everything else would be valid.
Total finacial burden $200-$300.
If you paid $1000 for medical its your problem and not anybody's else.

Dos and USCIS are and will be operating under guidelines if new bulletin is issued.

retrogression on cp

can any one tell me how this going to affect aonsular processing, chnnai consulate has given interview dates for thousands during july according to dos visa bullettin, so what will happen to those people already prepared for interview and moved in to vfs, any advice is much apreciated,

my situation is pd oct 2005 eb3, waiting for spouse to join

still cant get a date on july list because my file was transfered to chennai in june only from abudhabi,if that reshuffle happens, can i get a date in july , or dreaming of it,

Only if your I-485 application is accepted and you are issued the recipt number ( or something similar). Otherwise, No.

My assumption is that if you have filed your 485 application before the announcement of the revised/retrogressed date, your 485 approval may be delayed but atleast you can work on EAD card 6 months after filing the application. Could someone please let me know if my assumption is correct or not?

can any one tell me how this going to affect aonsular processing, chnnai consulate has given interview dates for thousands during july according to dos visa bullettin, so what will happen to those people already prepared for interview and moved in to vfs, any advice is much apreciated,
If they already assigned visa numbers to the people who have been given interview dates, they should still be able to get approved even if a revised bulletin brings retrogression.

What is to be done if medical examination is not complete?

Our family was planning to submit all the papers early next week ( My lawyer told me that there was no difference in filing on July 1st versus any other day in July). We had a really hard time getting in to see a physician and finally we have gone through the exam, shots, blood draws etc. We have all the other papers ready except the form that the M.D needs to fill out. She is on vacation because of the long weekend! Any suggestions? Can I take all the documentation and go to someone else? I dont know if there are any appointments left.
Even going to a long distance doctor would be worth it if the USCIS accepts applicaitons already in. What are everyones thoughts? Has everyone already filed?
What a predicament!:(

Yes you can travel 1000 miles to get the medical report from another doctor available to your schedule. If you already took the shots/vaccinations, take the reciepts with you as proof.

Our family was planning to submit all the papers early next week ( My lawyer told me that there was no difference in filing on July 1st versus any other day in July). We had a really hard time getting in to see a physician and finally we have gone through the exam, shots, blood draws etc. We have all the other papers ready except the form that the M.D needs to fill out. She is on vacation because of the long weekend! Any suggestions? Can I take all the documentation and go to someone else? I dont know if there are any appointments left.
Even going to a long distance doctor would be worth it if the USCIS accepts applicaitons already in. What are everyones thoughts? Has everyone already filed?
What a predicament!:(

Visa number is only assigned when case a is approved

Not correct!

Visa number is assigned only when a case is approved. Visa numbers can not be reserved.

If they already assigned visa numbers to the people who have been given interview dates, they should still be able to get approved even if a revised bulletin brings retrogression.

Just called the DOS visa bulleting number and they have replaced the July visa bulleting recording with the one from June.
Good luck everyone!

If they are going to replace with Jun bulliten, atleast it will be happy for some people.Do you think they are going to make all categories Unavilable ?

Not correct!

Visa number is assigned only when a case is approved. Visa numbers can not be reserved.
That has been the operating procedure, but nothing in the law stops them from preassigning the numbers. In fact, years ago (1980s/early 1990s) they used to assign the visa number up front when the I-485 is applied, then add it back to the pool if ultimately denied. The Ombudsman's report encouraged them to go back to that practice.

If they release a bulliten today or tomorrow, do they still have date deadline when that comes into effect like Jul 15th or 20th.Do they say effective today all the categories are Unaivalble.Isn't that how the bullitens work ?

Logic behind visa No. allocation

That has been the operating procedure, but nothing in the law stops them from preassigning the numbers. In fact, years ago (1980s/early 1990s) they used to assign the visa number up front when the I-485 is applied, then add it back to the pool if ultimately denied. The Ombudsman's report encouraged them to go back to that practice.

check this out
http://judiciary.house.gov/media/pdfs/Oppenheim070606.pdf

I sent the complaint to CNN & MSNBC, and oreilly@foxnews.com. Please send your emails to all of the above , so that the government's inability gets exposed to the nation. Probably, that could trigger a change on the USCIS and DOS's approach.

Regards,
IK

Any type of coverage is useful. However our methods are too subtle of the heavy handed USCIS. Bush just said f...o.. to the american public and released Libby.
So we either need to highlight USCIS's stupidity in spectacular ways in the media i.e. burn a USCIS office etc or if we can't do that we need to push law suits and hope that those work.

I sent the complaint to CNN & MSNBC, and oreilly@foxnews.com. Please send your emails to all of the above , so that the government's inability gets exposed to the nation. Probably, that could trigger a change on the USCIS and DOS's approach.

Regards,
IK

Email Addresses Of Us Media

I have a list of email addresses that people could use if they wanted to mail to the media regarding this. I doubt anything will happen by mailing to the media as immigrant rights will be the lowest priority in their minds. Copy the text below to mail to most media outlets. The whitespaces may need to be removed based on the program you use to send email.

opinions@arizonarepublic.com,readers@arizonarepublic.com,letters@baltsun.com ,letter@globe.com ,opinion@charlotteobserver.com ,letters@suntimes.com ,ctc-tribletter@tribune.com ,oped@csps.com ,
editor@cleveland.com ,letterstoeditor@dallasnews.com ,letters@denverpost.com ,letters@freepress.com ,letters@detnews.com ,letters@rockymountainnews.com ,viewpoints@chron.com ,stareditor@starnews.com ,letters@latimes.com,heralded@herald.com ,opinion@startribune.com, letters@newsday.com ,voicers@edit.nydailynews.com ,editor@nypost.com ,lettes@nytimes.com , insight@orlandosentinel.com ,inquirer.letters@phillynews.com ,opinion@sacbee.com , letters@uniontrib.com ,letters@sfchronicle.com ,opinion@seattletimes.com ,letters@post-dispatch.com ,editor@usatoday.com , editors@interactive.wsj.com , letters@washpost.com ,letters@washingtontimes.com , info@ap.org ,editor@reuters.com ,letters@newsweek.com , letters@time.com ,letters@usnews.com , comments@abcnews.go.com , niteline@abc.com ,2020@abc.com,netaudr@abc.com ,evening@cbsnews.com ,60m@cbsnews.com ,cnn.feedback@cnn.com ,community@cnn.com ,crossfire@cnn.com, late.edition@cnn.com, reliable@cnn.com, world@msnbc.com, nightly@nbc.com , mtp@msnbc.com , today@nbc.com ,dateline@nbc.com , letters@msnbc.com ,world@msnbc.com ,info@cnbc.com,comments@foxnews.com ,yourturn@npr.org ,newshour@pbs.org

r u sure???

Just called the DOS visa bulleting number and they have replaced the July visa bulleting recording with the one from June.
Good luck everyone!

r u sure?? what r u saying? cos, my pd was cleared to file 485 on june bulletin itself. This FUC$%##IN Lawyer of mine delayed and sent the application duly filled up on june 29th reaching there on july2nd. Now if what u r saying is true that they have reverted it back to june bulletin, do I still stand a chance..infact, many of us would stand a chance. I have been hearing that they have just made it unavailable for everycategory. Isn't that true. can you explain?

r u sure?? what r u saying? cos, my pd was cleared to file 485 on june bulletin itself. This FUC$%##IN Lawyer of mine delayed and sent the application duly filled up on june 29th reaching there on july2nd.
With your PD in early 2003, you should be current again in October.