July 07 Bulletin Update--Retrogression dates for Jul.02/03

inskrish

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

According to very reliable sources, the retrogression dates will be moved back to Dec.2005, and USCIS will reject almost all I-485 applications submitted on or after July 3rd, 2007.

Regards,
IP

Inskrish - how reliable is this information ? everyone is scrambling to get theirs filed and postmarked by July1 I would think. This damn INS has created a lot of misery for all people. They cant think straight. Bunch of useless fools working overtime to screw everyones lives over.

I am not sure if this means anything but late last nite when I called the number given in the Visa Bulletin page I found that the recorded message was announcing June Visa Bulletin details . My understanding was that by June 30th it should be having the latest visa bulletin details!!! Does this mean anything - viz. could it be that they have taken out the July visa bulletin recording that was there?

Hello all,

According to very reliable sources, the retrogression dates will be moved back to Dec.2005, and USCIS will reject almost all I-485 applications submitted on or after July 3rd, 2007.

Regards,
IP

I have a few questions

1.By Dec 2005... you meant visa bulletin of Dec 2005?

2. If not, Is DEC 2005 for EB2 or EB3? I specifically meant for India

3. If possible can you please share your reliable source.... how reliable is it...

Thanks,
T

Hello all,

Regards,
IP

Ummm... that doesn't make any sense at all. The July bulletin is current for all catagories (except other worker). The July bulletin is in effect for the entire month of July.

In other words everyone who is eligible can file an I-485 in July.

If the dates retrogress for the August bulletin, that won't take effect until August, so everyone can still file a I-485 until the end of July.

mdh

What are the implications of the revision?

What are the implications of the revision? According to Murthy.com it will apply to all cases being filed from July1st and not Ausgust 1st which means that even if the papers reach the centers, case will be rejected. How can they play with people' slives like that?:mad:

What is this new update in AILA " Follow-up to Update on July Visa Availability" ? Any one has access to this ?

According to Aila, Immigration-law, Murthy, there are reliable information that DOS will issue new VB on July 2 or July 3 with date retrogressed. We don't know how far back movement.

This is all politics !! The conspiracy theory is:

Democrats wanted to pass CIR with amnesty to 12 millions illegals and President was involved in it. Secretory Commerce and Secretory Homeland Security were actively involved in the negotiations. In the war of negotiations, EB category was became victim. Later all realized this injustice to EB category but they can't do anything to recover it as it could break delicate deal. President and Democrats wanted CIR with amnesty at any cost! Now in order to divert the attention of EB community they purposefully current all categories in July VB (actually we all know all categories should not be current all of sudden) so that they don't have any stiff resistance from EB community for CIR. We noticed that after July VB, everyone (including me) was dreaming to file I 485 or getting GC and not care about CIR. In May 2007 CIR discussion, I called more than 50 calls and hundreds of fax/emails but in last week, I was inactive due to July VB! I think politicians play trick to shut mouth of EB community for time being.

Now, CIR is dead. They don't care; whether EB community cry or die. They want now realistic VB back as CIR is already dead.

Unless, we do something extraordinary, nothing going to be changed. Million dollar question is I don't know what is extraordinary?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,

Regards,
IP

post a link please. Otherwise your guess is good as mine.

Unless dates go U, they cant simply reject all I-485s filed after July 3rd, they will need to open each one and see the date and country of chargeability on it. If it is still current, they will need to process the application.

Also, Dec 2005 is not that bad if you are talking about India, most rumors have been talking about dates going U.

Last edited by a moderator:
the theory definitely sounds good but I don't believe it yet.
So far the theory is to get the fees in suck the blood out of eb people forever.
In order for your theory to be plausible, You have to assume, there are at least some smart people at the INS, DHS etc.
I don't think anybody who is reasonably competent enough can screw things up so bad so many times.

My theory is that the people who runs all these departments are lazy and stupid, they just screwed up for the umpteenth time and trying to correct their mistake and in the process we immigrants suffer the consequences.

If the dates retrogress for the August bulletin, that won't take effect until August, so everyone can still file a I-485 until the end of July.
The rumored retrogression is about a revised July bulletin, not an August bulletin. If and when they publish it, it would already be July, so it would take effect right away.

Haha...lawsuit my ***
USCIS doent care....they never have.

Lawsuits are typically rejected if they mean to tell govt what to do.
Else bush wouldnt have been allowed into iraq.

Its frankly a problem of DoS and not DHS under which USCIS comes.
If Dos comes out with interim bulletin, USCIS will hide behind it(yes legally)

And Dos bulletin are anticipated demand and is not a science.
There goes the lawsuit in flush.

AILA only looking after their own interest, they couldnt care less about you. They never have. Immigrants are not part of association.
Some sneaky lawyers would still bill their clients.

Frankly, current bulletin was unexpected, and hence its withdrawl. So practically no hardship was faced by anyone.

Collecting docs is not hardship or financial burden, they would still be valid when the turn comes. Yes medical would expire after a year and HIV and TB would be redone and 693 re-prepared, but everything else would be valid.
Total finacial burden $200-$300.
If you paid $1000 for medical its your problem and not anybody's else.

Dos and USCIS are and will be operating under guidelines if new bulletin is issued.

Haha...lawsuit my ***

AILA only looking after their own interest, they couldnt care less about you. They never have. Immigrants are not part of association.

Frankly, current bulletin was unexpected, and hence its withdrawl. So practically no hardship was faced by anyone.

Collecting docs is not hardship or financial burden, they would still be valid when the turn comes. Yes medical would expire after a year and HIV and TB would be redone and 693 re-prepared, but everything else would be valid.

Dos and USCIS are and will be operating under guidelines if new bulletin is issued.

I agree

I do not completely agree.

Haha...lawsuit my ***

You missed a major expense. Lawyer fee which comes around $2000 to $3000 for a family.

No. I did mention some sneaky lawyers will bill their clients.

But its unethical and I am pretty sure companies can pursuade most lawyers to eat up the loss. Most companies are fat accounts that they wouldn't want to loose.

Worst case - most part of these fee will be adjusted when actual filing happens as most of the paperwork will be almost same.

I believe thats why AILA is pissed else they will drink and merry and double bill their clients.

You missed a major expense. Lawyer fee which comes around $2000 to $3000 for a family.