Joining the client with a lower salary

wisc_labor_cert

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 & EAD have been approved and my I-485 has been pending for more than 180 days. Now I would like to leave my consulting firm and join the client company on a permanent basis. In my LC, the job description basically includes what I am actually doing at this client site. Even after joining the client my job is pretty much going to be the same, i.e same duties, role etc.

However my title was 'Professional Consultant' while I was with the consulting company and now it is going to be different. Will this matter?

Also my biggest concern is the salary. My salary with the client will be much lower than what I was earning as a consultant. I haven't taken the offer yet, but the difference will be around 40%. However the salary I would be recieving with the client is in line with the industry standards for my job. Do you guys think salary will be an issue?

Looks like you and me are in the same boat buddy.
And looks like in most situations dealing with BCIS, there is no definite answer to this question too.....
Like always again this one too appears to be one of those decided on "case by case basis".

I have posted a similar question regarding decreased salary with new offer although job title and description is exactly the same. In my case the salary has decreased by about 13.5% from what it was when LC was filed by my current employer. But the change is about 20% lower as compared to my current pay. However, the new job is located in Phoenix AZ and hopefully BCIS will understand that the cost of living there is much lower than what it is in Silicon Valley.

Anways......Good Luck to You buddy !!