Job Title

aatish231

Registered Users (C)
Guys quick question i am working as a Management Consultant in the US. My wife's PERM has been approved and we are in the process to file for our i140 and i485 concurrently i am her spouse and she is the primary applicant.

maybe i am looking too much into this but my job title is about to change from Mgmt Consulting to End user technology (something) job description stays the same.
Should i get a new TN because i am not sure what documents i might have to submit with the adjustment of status and i140?

Can someone share some light?

First off, you aren't sunmitting anything for i-140, your spouse and her employer are. All you will file is an I-485, on which you prove you are her spouse, and that you are in status (ie. you have an I-94 in TN.) That is it. What status is she in?

Second, TN's are not awarded on job titles, but on tasks. Are your tasks changing? If not I would not worry about it. However, most people get TN in MC because they would not be granted a TN in another "simpler" category. is this the case with you? So, I would be amking sure I don't change anything until I get off TN.

Remember, that if you are both filing I-485, that means you specifically should also be filing for EAD at the same time (you should get it in 2-3 months), so that you can get off TN (you can't get new or renewed TN after filing I-485). Once you get EAD, your job is unrestricted.

Seems like my title changed a few months ago. i was informed but i didnt realize it
Job duties are same but more addition every year.(Year after year)
My worry was if i had to submit my paystub with a different title then one on my visa.
From what i understand i have to file the following on 485 as i am the dependent
Marriage cert
Birth cert
I 797
copy of passport
W2?
No paystub?
Am i missing anything
Thanks

When would you be asked to submit a pay stup? Your only particiapation in this GC process is (a) to prove you has a valid I-94 when the I-485 is submitted, and (b) to keep that same I-94 until you get EAD and AP 2-3 months later.

From your list, you need to submit copy of I-94, not I-797.
No paystubs, no w-2. Your wife is getting GC. You are getting a derivative of hers. that is all.

Thank you for clearing everything up Nelson.
One last question. The lawyer has send me paperwork for my previous employment for 5 years.(For spouse)
for the first 8 months in 2009 although i was getting paid through the consulting company ABC i had visa from the client XYZ.
I was told that it does not matter on TN who pays you?
I am wondering if i should state the employer who issued me the visa or as the one who paid me?

Thank You very much.

Why is her lawyer caring about your details? Just give him the paper work he wants, it means nothing, since it is not filed with your spouse's paperwork. You can tell him this when you give him the paperwork.
I'm guessing he is padding his account.