Job title as auditor not accoutant, can I apply for TN?

redleave

Registered Users (C)
I have a potential job offer these days, but the new job is titled as an auditor rather than as an accountant.

Accountant is under the title category, I am not sure whether the title of Auditor/Forensic Auditor could be qualified under the NAFTA title category.

any suggestions?

Thank you for the quick response. Is it necessary for me to ask the company to change the title of auditor as Accoutant in order to avoid trouble for applying for a new TN?

By the way, because I have lived at U.S. for 2 years. I can't proof any ties with Canada. If I go back to Canada for my new TN visa, could I obtain a new TN without any documents of "ties" with Canada?

I plan to go back to Vancouver, does Vancouver is an easier border to obtain new TN?

The job title should not be a problem. The job description will clear everything up.

I already answered in other threadthat ties are not required. period.

The job title is forensic mortgage auditor, the job description is as below: it is acutally under the category of accounting/Auditing, financial services-mortgage financial services

Main responsibilities include overseeing the external auditing processes. You will also be required to improve and implement the internal auditing processes.

-Review and analyze mortgage closing documents.
-Performs research and conduct interviews to gain an understanding of the documents being audited.
-Prepares Audit Report

Is it a qualified title to apply for TN working visa? I have been told that some TN officers are stricted on what title you apply for. You'd better to have the exactly the same title under the NAFTA title category. It seems there has no title as an "auditor" under the NAFTA job title category.

Please help. How can I do with such an offer.

If you preface every bullet with "as an accountant...." your letter will be fine.

The internal job title is just that: INTERNAL.

You are being hired as an accountant. Get the letter to say this, and then describe your auditing duties as an accountant.

maybe the second time you go, the letter will be better.

Thank you Nelsona for your smart recommendation.

OK, I will ask the company to change the title as "accountant". Will the following job description be qualified for the title of an accountant? Could it be challenged by a TN officer?

The Main responsibilities as an accountant include:

-include overseeing the external auditing processes
-Improve and implement the internal auditing processes
-Review and analyze mortgage closing documents.
-Performs research and conduct interviews to gain an understanding of the documents being audited.
-Prepares Audit Report

Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

Apart from that, you also can ref more resources at: humanresources.hrvinet.com/financial-auditor-job-description/

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: