job change after applying for citizenship

lake65

Registered Users (C)
my husband changed job after applying for citizenship from MN, the job is a contract type (3-6months contarct) but in a different state. he travels back and forth. kids and myself are here in MN. we have a house and no intention to move. will this be a problem at the citizenship interview?

any help will be appreciated.

This will not be a problem. Your husband will have a chance to update his employment record at the interview. As for residence requirements, his primary residence is still in MN, he travels to and from work, and he has no intention to relocate or establish residence in another state/jurisdiction. Again, this will not be a problem.

Thanks. Just want to clarify, may be I did not write it correctly, he stays in the other state for few weeks and then come home for a week and then go back. This is his routine for the last 6-7 weeks. Still o problem?

That job is a short-term contract, he continues to travel back to MN frequently, and his house and family are still in MN, so his primary residence is still considered to be in MN and it won't be a problem for him.