Jim Please Help Birth Certificate Issue

guts

Registered Users (C)
Jim or other Gurus ,

I filed my I-485 in May 2001 Eb3- India. When filing I submitted my wife Baptism Certificate. We do not have her Birth Certiicate. Since she is born in 1972 the Indian(Kerela) Government won\'t issue a non-availablity certificate for people born after 1969-1970. Since she was born at home there is no official registration in any hospital. I have read in some immigration webiste that an Anglo Indian people can submit their Baptism certificate as a proof of birtht. My wife is born and raised Catholic. Is this true???
I have the following documents in case of an RFE:
1. A sworn affidavit from both her parents.
2. Birth Certificate from Indian embassy in chicago.
3. Her School and College leaving certificate showing her birth date.

Are all this documents good enough? Is there some othe douments that would be needed to prove her birth date.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated

I think you are fine...

INS believes individuals (read-affidavits) then a local govt. body from India. You are fine.

Birth Affidavit information needed!!!!

I have a birth certificate from India which does not have my name, date of registration and my mother\'s name. Now I am trying to get birth affidavit.

1. Is the affidavit need to be on stamp paper? If yes, what denomination in Rupees?

2. Can we get affidavit from a relative who is US citizen and now in US(but was in India at the time of birth). If yes, can she write the affidavit on plain paper and get it notarized or does it need to be on some special paper (like stamp paper in India)?

3. Can that relative be a brother who is only 1 year elder to me.

Is there anything else needed for birth certificate. Any help with these questions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

hope_gc plz note

1. I\'m in the same situation, there is no need of a stamp paper, but it should be notarized.
2.Yes that is fine.
3. I\'m doubtful, better take it from someone who was atleast 18 (in my opinion).

hope that helps.
If u send me ur email i will send u the format of the affidavit, if needed.
-c.

Thanks CRAM

Is the sample format for birth affidavit provided in site www.immihelp.com acceptable. I got the affidavit based on that format and am not sure now if it is sufficient.

Thanks