Jaxon/Anyone Urgent help needed Please..please help..

uvmenon

Registered Users (C)
I got my passport back from DC with a covering letter of 221(g) with a 'x' mark on
"We do not hold visa applications or files. Please resubmit all supporting documents in one complete package. You must include a new, completed and signed DS-156 with photograph and DS-157 when you resubmit the complete application package. Your must use the February 2003 version of the DS-156 (containing a box for a barcode), found at www.travel.state.gov. You must also provide a self addressed stamped envelope or prepaid courier airbill and courier envelope for return of your documents."

What does this mean? They have put "Cancelled without Prejudice" stamp on my Jan 2003 expired visa and nothing else mentioned anywhere in the passport.

I had requested withdrawal via phone but never sent any withdrawal fax.

St.Louis received it on Feb 10 and DC received on Feb 24.
I cannot send application to DC as I am travelling to India for marriage this weekend.

Should I show this refusal while applying at Chennai?

Please help.

Thanks,

VJ

Last edited by a moderator:
My question is what that "We do not hold visa applications or files." means? I had submitted all documents needed and should I show this refusal while applying at Chennai?

Please help.

VJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that would be the standard message when someone request for the withdrawing their passport.

I were you, i would not mind much about it.
Show this refusal form when they ask you (at the embassy).

Good Luck & Happy Married Life :)
Senthil

My visa for h1b was refused in singapore and asked me to apply at chennai. They gave a refusal document (i dont remember its number) Then i applied at chennai (without that doc) .I got a counter visa (visa without interview .. if you do not know)
So i guess, it should also be ok for you.
I hope this helps !

Meow.