• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

January 2015 Visa Bulletin released

Just to be clear, entries from Nepal and Iran have much lower chance of being selected than the rest of Asia because of the limit imposed in the draw process. I explained that in the post below.

http://britsimonsays.com/holes-theory-illustration/

They might start imposing a cutoff for Nepal, but because there are less selectees (~5000 versus ~6000) I could see that not happening in August, but perhaps in September. Hard to be precise, they may need all of August to catch with with the DS260 mess.
Exactly my thought regarding the cutoff for Nepal!
Very interesting analysis you got on the holes theory illustration!

Great news for Europe!It looks like EU region has a big increase,but i'm little concerned that after the backlog is gonna be cleared the progress is gonna slow down and we might come back to the same numbers as we had last year,is it possible?

Hi @Savannah@ ! There is not much to be concerned for a high CN in Europe if things will keep going at this pace. Because Jan VB has seen an important increase (for the second month in a row) this doesn't mean the backlog has favored the process, on the contrary.

Which is your case number, embassy and ds260 submission date?

Even thou the numbers went up im wondering how are they going to clear the backlog..How many months are they lagging behind now?

Hi Guys,

I am really understanding now when you guys kept saying some months back to hold on tight, its gona be a rollercoaster ride!! Good numbers for EU but still a way to go for me - low 40's.

Do you think EU will go current in the year?

Also does anybody have any experience or knowledge of the embassy in Dublin, Ireland. I have successfully interviewed for J1's there some years ago and they were a cake walk but this is clearly a different kettle of fish.

Hi Guys,

I am really understanding now when you guys kept saying some months back to hold on tight, its gona be a rollercoaster ride!! Good numbers for EU but still a way to go for me - low 40's.

Do you think EU will go current in the year?

Also does anybody have any experience or knowledge of the embassy in Dublin, Ireland. I have successfully interviewed for J1's there some years ago and they were a cake walk but this is clearly a different kettle of fish.

No, EU won't go current. Cutoff should be in the range 42 to 45.

A little off topic, but I just realized I may be a bit of a spelling snob for the simple words. English is not my first language, but I confess to being somewhat of a word warrior in my younger years. I blame it on the nuns. Anyway, any way visaa could be edited to its correct spelling to calm my mildly OCD self.

A little off topic, but I just realized I may be a bit of a spelling snob for the simple words. English is not my first language, but I confess to being somewhat of a word warrior in my younger years. I blame it on the nuns. Anyway, any way visaa could be edited to its correct spelling to calm my mildly OCD self.

It was annoying me too. lol. Maybe he was singing it?

Hi @Savannah@ ! There is not much to be concerned for a high CN in Europe if things will keep going at this pace. Because Jan VB has seen an important increase (for the second month in a row) this doesn't mean the backlog has favored the process, on the contrary.

Which is your case number, embassy and ds260 submission date?
Hi Flori !
Thanks for your reply!I am actually pretty optimistic about the visa bulletin this year,but i think i'm just afraid to get excited too early:) My CN is pretty high 410** I submitted DS-260 on the 20th of May ,Chisinau Embassy.

Corrected for the sake of sufferers of OCD. Your very welcum. :confused: