January 2012 Filers : I-130 For Parents of USC

Rajeev Malya

Registered Users (C)
Starting a thread for January 2012 Filers. This forum has helped me a lot from coming to US, getting GC, becoming a US Citizen.
Now I just filed I-130 for my Parents.

just filed

I just filed as well. sent the whole package to Chicago Lockbox yesterday. crossing my fingers that I included everything in my package. anyone else filed in January and heard back? what's the next step now? I found this forum very helpful in the process of filling out the forms, etc.

I-864 for Parents : 2011 Tax Year Question..

I am starting to prepare documents for I-864 for my parents. My question is I-864 requires you to submit copy of your most recent tax year. For the tax year 2011 i will be receiving all the documents by late Feb or Early March. Is it okay if I submit the copies of Tax year 2010, 2009 and 2008 and not submit 2011 as I will be able to file it in middle of March. I dont want to delay the i-864 if I can send the previous three years...Please advice

Any update from Jan 2012 Filers

We filed I-485, I-130, I-131 and Send the papers to Chicago lockbox through fedex on Jan 18th.USCIS received them on Jan 19th . But still we did not get the Receipt. Her I-94 expires on Feb 2nd.
Appreciate any hep.

Just received the Emails with Notice #s

Guys,

Just wanted to keep you posted. We just received the emails with Notice#s for I-130,I-485 and I-131. See my signature for the detailed dates.

3WA2m

Guys,

Just wanted to keep you posted. We just received the emails with Notice#s for I-130,I-485 and I-131. See my signature for the detailed dates.

That's cool. You did receive notice#'s for each form?

I am starting to prepare documents for I-864 for my parents. My question is I-864 requires you to submit copy of your most recent tax year. For the tax year 2011 i will be receiving all the documents by late Feb or Early March. Is it okay if I submit the copies of Tax year 2010, 2009 and 2008 and not submit 2011 as I will be able to file it in middle of March. I dont want to delay the i-864 if I can send the previous three years...Please advice

it is going to take about 3-4mts for the I 130 to get approved, so i think you should have enough time for 2011 taxes, If not send in 2010,2009,2008 and W2 for 2011. just to be on safe side.

Did I make things complicated?

Hi,

Dad's I-94 expires Feb 28 2012. Applied I-130+I-485 on Jan 24h 2012 and delivered on Jan 26th. Applied Advance Parole for a April date assuming Dad can continue staying beyond Feb 28th and be ok as far as status goes since AOS applied. Did I make some wrong assumptions around his status? Does this require damage control? Bit worried. Gurus - please advise at your earliest.

Thanks.

Hi,

Dad's I-94 expires Feb 28 2012. Applied I-130+I-485 on Jan 24h 2012 and delivered on Jan 26th. Applied Advance Parole for a April date assuming Dad can continue staying beyond Feb 28th and be ok as far as status goes since AOS applied. Did I make some wrong assumptions around his status? Does this require damage control? Bit worried. Gurus - please advise at your earliest.

Thanks.

You are fine, you did every thing right, he can stay and will be OK.

It was initially processed at NBC. We are waiting for the notice to see where it transferred. The second Finger print notice said TSC on it.

Help

Hey folks,
Applied for my mom in dec 2011. Finger print cleared per FBI back in January per FBI when called and inquired. Case transfered to CSC but no correspondence as of yet. Filed both 130 and 485. Why taking so long? Not even a interview date? Help

Hey folks,
Applied for my mom in dec 2011. Finger print cleared per FBI back in January per FBI when called and inquired. Case transfered to CSC but no correspondence as of yet. Filed both 130 and 485. Why taking so long? Not even a interview date? Help

When case gets transferd to CSC, it means, the case does not need an Interview(Most Likely). If CSC reviews your application, which they are doing now, and they have all the required documents, you will get an email for I 485 and I 130 approvals seperately. And then your GC in the mail.
so keep checking the case status on line, You should be getting the updated any time.
Good luck

Thanks!!!

When case gets transferd to CSC, it means, the case does not need an Interview(Most Likely). If CSC reviews your application, which they are doing now, and they have all the required documents, you will get an email for I 485 and I 130 approvals seperately. And then your GC in the mail.
so keep checking the case status on line, You should be getting the updated any time.
Good luck

Thank you and hope it happens soon....Do you know how long is it taking now?

Thank you and hope it happens soon....Do you know how long is it taking now?

Once CSC gets your file,and find out that they have all the required documents, it should not take more than 1-2mts for the approval. Again it depends on how backed up they are.