January 2009 I-751 Filers

It is not showing on CRS website! It took a while for me to get the 1 year extension, had to call, go to the office..

Filed jointly, joint tax filing, utilities etc.....

Congrats lala! did you file joint? Also, can you check online with your receipt number and see what CRIS say's?? I am 9 days behind you!! I havn't received anything since february!

Attorney just called me and told me conditions have been removed and application approved:cool:! I should get NOA(i-797) in mail soon, my mail hasn't come yet. So they are up to January 21, 2009 applications at VSC!!!:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear this news about VSC!! I filed back in December 2008 and I got a letter for an interview at the local office here in atlanta for June 10th. I didn't file jointly as I am divorced so I filed for a waiver using a lawyer. I hope all goes well but I am shocked at the fast response time. They sent the notice on May 22nd regarding my interview.

So in all this thing has taken about less than 7 months for response on my case where I was preparing my mind that I won't get a response until December of 09.

I will keep you all posted on my interview.

Thanks

Still nothing in mail(i-797) approval, nor any updates on the CRIS system. My LUD was 02-06-09:mad:I just called and talked to a real IO. He said that my case was approved on 05-28-09, and that my card was being ordered. He also said NOT to go by what CRIS says because is is not updated correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
What phone number do you use? I haven't head fom them yet. I know mine is two-three weeks behind you but just to know the number .... please?

What phone number do you use? I haven't head fom them yet. I know mine is two-three weeks behind you but just to know the number .... please?

The 1-800-375-5283 number. But you have to get past the first line of defense to a real IO. Yours has prob already been approved!

Trial-
I called USCIS. I couldn't get actual person. The automatic response the same as what I see online. How did you get passed the automatic rply and got actual person?

Call, press 1 for english,press 2 for case status, press 3 for a "lost receipt number. You will get a live person on the phone. The tricky part is to get past the first live person and transfered on to the real IO.....

Oh yeah, still no approval letter. My lawyer e-mailed me a copy that came from Tampa. My approval is May 28, 2009:rolleyes:

Call, press 1 for english,press 2 for case status, press 3 for a "lost receipt number. You will get a live person on the phone. The tricky part is to get past the first live person and transfered on to the real IO.....

Oh yeah, still no approval letter. My lawyer e-mailed me a copy that came from Tampa. My approval is May 28, 2009:rolleyes:

Hey trialanderror...Thanks for the information.
I think if your lawyer received the approval notice then the next event will be you getting the Card....USCIS maybe sending the approval notice to the Applicant or the Lawyer...Either one...

trial-

I couldn't pass the first live person who does not see anything other than what I can see online. I guess I will just wait and see if I will be surprised one day.
Thanks for the info though.

trial-

I couldn't pass the first live person who does not see anything other than what I can see online. I guess I will just wait and see if I will be surprised one day.
Thanks for the info though.

Tell them you need to speak to an IO about something, make it up. When I called I told the customer rep that I needed to verify that the spelling of my first name was correct, so that my GC would be correct it worked...

My card also arrived today!!!:D It is now oficially over!!! Now is citizenship in 2.7 years. Good luck to all of you!!!