January 2008 Bulletin - Worst !!

If visa #'s are not recaptured very soon, I only see a slight glimmer of hope in the last quarter of the current FY starting July 2008! (Due to AC21 allocation of unused visa #'s)

Nothing before - It is a given now.

these guys seem to be operating in their own world. w/o caring how their stupid decisions effect the life of people. they are just bunch of people completly ignorant to the fact that there are people waiting for GC since 2001. which is 6 years and then wait another 5 years to get the citizenship. At least 11 years of your life waiting for something they may happen today. tomorrow, next year or in next 5 years.
Stupid people have just made everyone current and now they are expecting USCIS, which is mess already, to request visa numbers to predict the demand. Can't these guys just querry the USCIS database which has got all the cases entered and know exaclty how they should move the dates.
They should really release the visa demand as enetred in USCIS databse per year so that people can make their decision either to wait for 1,2,3,4,5,10,20 years or get the hell out of here and move on with life.

EB 2 Retrogression for India - QUERY

I noticed a lot of people worrying about the current retrogression news on the Jan Visa Bulletin for EB2 Indians.

Please note that this applies only to those who have still not applied for I-485 Adjustment of Status.

For all those who have already applied for I-485, while PD was current, retrogression does not apply, since you already have a reciept number and were already assigned a Visa # and A#.

Please correct if I am worng, but I believe this is correct.

I noticed a lot of people worrying about the current retrogression news on the Jan Visa Bulletin for EB2 Indians.

Please note that this applies only to those who have still not applied for I-485 Adjustment of Status.

For all those who have already applied for I-485, while PD was current, retrogression does not apply, since you already have a reciept number and were already assigned a Visa # and A#.

No you are wrong. you need a visa number to apply, you need a visa number to get approved. Welcome to reality.

Oh delta99...

time for reality check !

Visa # assignment is the very last stage before your card production is ordered. At that time your PD must be current!

what "InTheMoment" is saying is right...you need a visa number to apply and before approval your PD MUST be current

Guys,

What a royal mess USCIS has created for all of us!! Who says slave labor has been abolished - Our situation is no different from the folks who suffered long back. The lazy-ass, good-for-nothing Congress would rather talk about whether or not to fund the Iraq mess than discuss how to retain us folks who keep the US economy growing by paying hefty taxes, buying homes, driving innovation, being law-abiding foriegners, etc. And then they say China and India are dragging us down because of their cheap/affordable labor force!!

The US Congress has the power to initiate and influence good economic policies, that will continue to keep US competetive, provide better opportunities to citizens, and being the hub of innovation but they would rather indulge in "blame-storming" than "brain-storming". Pretty soon the EU will start giving US a run for its money, specially with the rise of the Euro and the introduction of the "Blue Card".

Nidday

One day United states of America will become Russia once all the educated people leave this country for safety and oppurtunity elsewhere. Seeing all this gun shots in school and colleges and all world terrorists eyeing to bomb United states makes me think am I really safe in this land of oppurtunity? We might be in a wrong assumption that this country is better than any country in the world. It looks like the other way around. Now a days most Indian nationals tend to go invest in their own country than try to stay in America. Guys in reality is it worth waiting more than half of your life for a peice of Plastic?. It seems like we need to find our strength and say once in for all enough is enough and leave this country together for our Mother land. ladies and Gentlemen I beleive our Mother is calling us. Lets start a thread and organize a group and once in for all tell this racist and corrupted Congress that we leaving for our mother land.

Peace.

Can't these guys just querry the USCIS database which has got all the cases entered and know exaclty how they should move the dates.

The dates are set based not on how many I-485s are pending, but how many are approved, and combined with visas given in consular posts overseas. USCIS does not set the priority dates, but can control them based on their approval patterns. India EB2 retrogression and (it's inevitable) unavailability is caused by a LOT of Indian EB2 approvals.

I agree that the July/August fiasco was a disaster, but I'm interested in finding out how many people here filed during that time period and who are now willing to write USCIS to withdraw their I-485 to restore some sanity to the pipeline. Now don't all jump up at once, y'all.... :)

Pretty soon the EU will start giving US a run for its money, specially with the rise of the Euro and the introduction of the "Blue Card".

That's wishful thinking - based on most metrics (public finances, pensions, unemployment, housing prices and racism) Europe has a long way to go to catch up to the US.

I'll believe the Blue Card hype when I see it. Canada has had a very liberal immigration policy for decades and they still cannot compete with the US in terms of attracting skilled people.

That's wishful thinking - based on most metrics (public finances, pensions, unemployment, housing prices and racism) Europe has a long way to go to catch up to the US.

I disagree with your assessment that it will be a while before Europe catches up with US. Based on my estimates, give 10-12 years and they will give US a run for their money.

I'll believe the Blue Card hype when I see it. Canada has had a very liberal immigration policy for decades and they still cannot compete with the US in terms of attracting skilled people.

Canada may have their front door wide open to potential immigrants but it has not invested in creating the appropriate "entreprenaurial" and "investment" environment. Hence, majority of the folks ending up there are from non-STEM fields, not the skilled type.

I disagree with your assessment that it will be a while before Europe catches up with US. Based on my estimates, give 10-12 years and they will give US a run for their money.

What do you base that on?

Canada may have their front door wide open to potential immigrants but it has not invested in creating the appropriate "entreprenaurial" and "investment" environment.

I absolutely agree, but I would suggest that this is the same problem that Europe suffers from.

I know my 180 days is over from the day i filed I485. If i change my job now i will be filing AC21. My question is can i file multiple AC21 if i decide to quit the new job after sometime and join another. The only criteria is the job should be of the same or similar job description right?

I
Canada may have their front door wide open to potential immigrants but it has not invested in creating the appropriate "entreprenaurial" and "investment" environment. Hence, majority of the folks ending up there are from non-STEM fields, not the skilled type.

Can you please explain that?

I know my 180 days is over from the day i filed I485. If i change my job now i will be filing AC21. My question is can i file multiple AC21 if i decide to quit the new job after sometime and join another. The only criteria is the job should be of the same or similar job description right?
You can use AC21 as many times as you like. The job description doesn't have to be too close. If you're in IT, remain in IT, don't start working in a bakery shop and you'll be fine.