January 2004 - Visa Revalidation Tracking

I used the 156 form without barcode, when i printed it still says BARCODE the box.

I hope it is fine if you have that, the Visa Revalidation office will put a barcode sticker at that place.

The following is from their web site:

The Visa Office accepts only the February 2003 version of the DS-156. This version includes a space for a bar code sticker. The Visa Office does not provide copies of the DS-156.

I submitted on SL:29 (29. Jan, 04) no reply yet, they are cashed my moneyorder on Feb 4th.

Thanks
BaSh

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks BaSh, your words make me feel better, but I still can't understand why my application still did not be loadded to their system after more than 2 months.:(

did they cash your money order or cashiers check ?

If they did you have to call DC office.

DC office # 202-663-1225 option 1 & 0

Tell your Passport Number to trace it.

All the best.

BaSh

Hi Bash,

the memey order was cashed out on 12/11/03. And I called them many many many times after the new year, everytime I was told that my application was not loaded into the system. they can found my previous records (this is the third time I revalidate my visa), but they have no record of this time.

I am very worried, because they told me this is unusual, it generate takes only 1 month or less for them to load a application after received.

shoba:(

FEDEX RETURN ENVELOPE. help.

Should i put paste fedex address bill to envelope or just put with passports inside package. Later state department will stick or what ?.

Please help.

Thanks

BTW, I hope this is because of the barcode that slows down their process. The only thing that holds my hope is that none who sent out the application after last Dec got his DC recv date so far...

little shoba

Updated the Excel sheet with DC Received date

Hi,

Called up DC this morning at 11:00 am EST (waiting time was just 2 mins) and spoke to a nice lady (name Sharon) and found that DC received my PP on 20th Jan. I have updated the Excel sheet too.

name-------------SL Recv---------DC Recv--------PP Recv
yeskayem-------1/5/2004--------01/20/2004--------Pending
mchaitan--------1/7/2004--------Pending--------Pending
reggee----------1/8/2004--------Pending--------Pending
shokaido--------1/13/2004-------Pending-------Pending
akhilan----------1/14/2004------No Idea--------Pending
Chetaany-------1/16/2004----No Idea----------Pending
Faithful----------1/23/2004------Pending---------Pending
BaSh-------------1/29/2004-----Pending---------Pending

YESKAYEM

Re: Updated the Excel sheet with DC Received date

Hi Gurus,

How can I know whether my money order is cashed ?. I tried going to www.usps.com but couldn't find it. please help.

BTW, my SL received date is today and I have started a new thread for February 2004.

Thanks,
Hudakchullu.

contact the bank who issued the money order.

if you purchased the money order from the post office contact any local post office

yeskayem,
Did you use a DS156 form that generated a barcode? Looks like your case is processed pretty quick

I called the visa office today and was told that my visa was issued today , yes, just today!!

I was also told that there was a problem to enter the data to their system for most of the applicatin sent out in the later novmber, now they fixed the problem,

I want to share this information with all of you guys.

good luck to all!

visa stamp 1 year old

I sent my passport on 17 Dec and my DC date is 1st jan 04(Just told by lady in DC).
Now the thing is that my one year visa expiry anniversary is 06 Feb 04 which is tomorrow.

Do you think is the DC date matters or the date when visa officer actually get the case??

Thanx
sunny

Hi sunnyr,

You don't have any problem. Already your Passport with the Department of State. That is their job when some submittion come to them and they already received beore they have to stamp.

Hi Others,

Did any one findout January filers their passports are received to DC office. I called on friday the representative told me she did not received till friday.

Let me wait for couple of more days and call.

Thanks
BaSh:D

name-------------SL Recv---------DC Recv--------PP Recv
yeskayem-------1/5/2004--------01/20/2004--------Pending
mchaitan--------1/7/2004--------Pending--------Pending
reggee----------1/8/2004--------Pending--------Pending
shokaido--------1/13/2004-------Pending-------Pending
akhilan----------1/14/2004------No Idea--------Pending
Chetaany-------1/16/2004----No Idea----------Pending
Faithful----------1/23/2004------Pending---------Pending
chulchi-----------1/23/2004------No Idea---------Pending
BaSh-------------1/29/2004-----Pending---------Pending

Update from DC

Hi!
Just updated my info :)
It would take 16 weeks for stamping as per the lady in DC office.

Cheers,

Electronic DS-156 ??

Hi Guys,
Recently got my H1 renewed. Planning to send for revalidation at SL.
Is it compalsary to use Electronic version of DS-156 which ultimately generates barcode ? Can I use non-electronic visa application form ? Just want to know which form is used by the members of this thread ?

Kindly share yr information........

Joy:

Why to risk, when it doesn't really make any difference for you ?!

I did send electronic version for both me & my spouse.