Jan. Interview (??) - Chennai/NVC mail screw-up

GABBAR

Correct me if I am wrong.

Hypothetical situation: If our packets sent by NVC had reached chennai on time, we would not have had to send any extra documentation besides packet 3 right?

Nvc has now sent equivalent of "original documentation" (see posting by MMP. In that case why would we need to send extra documentation. (posted by different)

I think what this guy Donald G from Chennai consulate has written is applicable if NVC has not sent our petitions again. I think this is one more route besides requesting NVC to send the originals, that probably we/(I) were/(was) not aware of.

It is also possible that this gentleman (Don G) who wrote this mail was not aware that NVC is sending the documentation again.

Please let me know if I am thinking right or am I in some kind of halucination!!!

Thanks,

padaiyapa

You are essentially right. AC140 is a standard known route of doing CP, wherein the attorney certifies all your documents and sends it with your original I-140 approval. The problem we (Chennai people) had with AC140 was, Chennai does not accept AC140, but from the mail from different it is clear that Chennai wanted to make an exception and accept AC140 for our cases. Typically Mumbai consulate has all along been accepting AC140\'s.

It looks like he may not yet have been aware of NVC\'s initiative in re-sending our cases, and hence my request to different to clarify it further.

Under any case, if Chennai is accepting AC140 that is good news, if this NVC thing does not workout, which I hope will workout, we can always fall back on doing AC140.

I agree with Gabbar ..

However, we need to find out if Chennai is indeed going to accept
AC-140. Also is it safe for all of us to send AC140 docs or do we need written confirmation to go ahead and send the docs (like the email response different got).
different, if you can follow up as gabbar asked you that will be great. Additionally you can forward the email you received to Chennai consulate and ask them if it is ok to send AC140 docs.

This thread is getting too long. Can we move to a new thread. Please provide a link to this thread in the new one.

Don\'t confuse, AC-140 is second option

Hi all

I wrote this mail when we are dealing with Ms. Walker. Walker come up with option number one: NVC is resending our documents

Reply from Consulate is Second option: AC-140

Currently we have first option under process and wait until Jan 15th and then pursue second option.

I wrote similar letter to Donald what we wrote to Ms. Walker with little changes but representing all of us.

So we have two options in our hands, it is upto us to pursue.

I am going to post comments from Mr. Walker on Conuslate advise on AC-140

DIFFERENT

Guys!!!
Ii think different has created a little bit of confusion since this morning. I think we are going to break the pot when we are almost there.
When they have already agreed to go with the stuff sent by the NVC, why in the world do we want to churn them up with this AC 140 stuff.

I think from my point of view, put an hold to your ac 140 stuff for the time moment.

DIFFERENT AND OTHERS WHO ARE DESPERATE ABOUT AC 140 STUFF... PLEASE PLEASE PUT AN HOLD TO IT NOW. Dont play this cat and mouse game of sending walker\'s mail to the consulate and the consulate\'s mail to walker and put them to more confusion.

The strategy at this time would be to keep walker and consulate separate and just allow them to do their job.

I hope there are a few people in this board who will agree with me.
I am not trying ot find fault with anyone just call me paranoid or anything. But lets just shut up till the 15th. Chennai is definitely going to accept the papers sent by NVC. Those papers are "ORIGINAL QUIVALENT". So hold on.!!!!!

Thanks,

WHY NO MORE POSTINGS

Guys,
 I am really psyched at the way things are going.

WE INDIAN HAVE THIS SCEPTICAL ATTITUDE THAT THINGS WILL NOT WORK OUT. I think we need to change a little bit. Why did you guys think that chennai will not accept nvc\'s resent items. Are they crazy to request NVC to send bio data info and also Micro film info via DHL and not accept that... There must be something wrong... either with me or with some others in board. Iwould definitely like to be corrected if my thinking is wrong. Please help...

DIFFERENT I THINK YOU HAVE SREWED UP THIS SITUATION FURTHER. I would sincerely request you to stop your enthusiasm for a while. The more I read your last 3 postings, the more I am getting psyched.

I am not sure whether others see what is going on or am I getting agitated with different for nuts????

DIFFERENT: Please do not send walker\'s mail to chennai and vice versa.
I think your 2 options were also a little bit psyching. Why did u ask anything to the effect of sending ac 140. I think that is an easier route and they are going to hold on to that.

I am sure Chennai would now ask all of us to send our original documents...People it is not your individual cases that you are handling. Just aks for the group\'s opinion before we do anything absurd. Just my 2 cents. ....

Let us not panic and be unite during difficult times.

It is not a good idea to send Walker\'s mail to Chennai consulate. My suggestion would be to send consulate general a reply briefing him
"Sir, fortunately, NVC has already resent these documents upon \'state departments/Chennai consulate\' request. When we contacted NVC today they mentioned documents have been recent on January 3rd which will resolve the problem. Would you please let us know your opinion and any action that is required from us."

What do you guys think.

No Title

I second your opinion Padaiyappa. I think we should just be patient.
This is just my thought ,though i may not belong to this thread.
Since it has come to the notice of the Americans at Chennai,not just the desi front people, i am hopeful what they would do would be
meaningful.

SANTHA - I LIKE IT, GABBAR AND ACEHART WHERE ARE U GUYS???

I like Santha\'s wordings. I think that is approporiate. I think damage has already been done by Different. He has taken his postings now.

I think n Santha\'s message the only thing I would add is:

That NVC mentioned that they have sent it via courier and that it will take 10 business days to reach Chennai Consulate.
One more line I would add is that our vacation and other things are dependent on this interview and given the economy we would be grateful if they could consider us for feb interview (again do not force them, it will act against us).

DIFFERENT: please do not send anything more to the consulate....Thanks...

santha can you draft a new letter to the consulate from scratch. Some of us in the board can give you feedback. Ii like the way you and GABBAR write. i think it is terse and to the point.

Thanks,

all - Stay Cool

Lets take it easy till Jan 15th. Lets not send any more mails to anyone. This is not about a response to just one individual, Chennai will have to act (yes/no) on the information sent to them by NVC. So just because "different" send something, we should not blame him or worry too much, there are SEVERAL more cases affected, not everyone has a attorney to have attorney certified petitions, so let Chennai take a decision first. Please dont jump to conclusions, its probably another option given by the consul, he is not ruling out acting on the information NVC has sent (most probably he is yet to see the memo which NVC sent to Chennai).

I may be wrong, but now I feel that by not sending any response to anyone, we keep more options open.

Lets take it easy, I stil feel we all will get Feb interviews and things would work out.

Just remember that in the last 1 month, there has been a lot of PROGRESS and we have come from a hopeless situation to a very hopefilled one. We all are in this together till we get our GC\'s. Good Luck All !

Where can I find Different\'s original post about the AC140 reply

he got from the consulate. I have writtem to Chennai explaining/asking NVC has resent whatever they had to resend and if Feb interview is possible. In my case chennai has done fairly well in replying to e-mails(24 hours turn around time), but this time I have not heard from them as yet. We have the following options and need to get confirmed answer from Chennai whether they have accepted papers form NVC or we have to take AC140 route

1. Best case scenario - Chennai accepts whatever NVC has sent and gives us Feb dates

2. Not so bad scenario - Chennai accepts papers from NVC, but not able to accomodate us in Feb. We have to get confirmation from them that they have accepted papers resent from NVC and are considering us for Interview in March though.

3. Kinda bad scenario - Chennai does not accept papers sent by NVC, but okays to AC140 (we cannot just go by their one respose to Different and need to get more confirmations by e-mail from Chennai. ). If we manage to send AC140 forms by 20th Jan, we can hope least hope for March.

4. Back to the square one - Chennai does not accept papers sent by NVC and cannot confirm AC 140.

We have to get answer to these questions from Chennai asap. Please write to them about it instead of hoping that we will get Feb dates. The sooner we learn about whether they have accepted papers from NVC and considering us for Feb/March interview, the better the chances of March interview

I completely agree with acehart

Write a general email saying that you had a conversation with NVC and they said they have resent the docs. Is that going to be good or is there any docs needed to be sent by us.
This should cover us on both fronts. Also if anyone is calling Chennai tonight, try this line of questioning.

AGREE WITH GABBAR

I think let us stop sending mails to chennai. Let us keep everything to verbal communication so that we are not giving anything in writing.

I think we will either get feb interview or if not march for sure.

I think if we maintain some patience that will be good.

Acehart, gabbar and gc appl I hope you guys will agree with me.

At this juncture we do not know what kind of a devil this AC 140 is.
Chennai might need to start some paper work for it to get it approved. I am just not able to visualize the new problems AC 140 can create. It is definitely a can of new worms.

I think th ebest we can do at this time is sit tight and pray that chennai considers nvc sent forms.

No Title

I know I am in a different category from most of this panel in that I am a US citizen who filed for my husband with an I-130. But I agree with waiting patiently. The NVC has collectively resent our info to Chennai from DOS orders. Chennai cannot just advise one person to send Attorney certified papers. They have to make a decision and inform all people affected. Also, what happens if you didn\'t file your papers through an attorney? I didn\'t. I have an attorney now, but I don\'t think he can certify a copy of a petition.
I also checked with the COngressman\'s office who I contacted 1.5 weeks ago. So far, they have not received a response from Chennai to their e-mail.
Let us be patient. We don\'t want to antagonize people if they are working on our behalf.

All I\'m saying is, ask Chennai whether you have a chance for

Feb interview. Explain the situation that because of anthrax problem papers were not received by them and now NVC is saying they have resent the papers, so what are out chances for Feb interview. If we know that they are not going to consider whatever that has been sent by NVC, we can start working on AC-140 and get our attorney certified 140 in place before March interviews are finalized. To be eligible for March, our AC140 should be in Chennai between (15 to 22nd of Jan. ).

same old response from Chennai

I got one liner from Chennai for my e-mail

"Please check with us in February"

I have no faith in system anymore!!

No Title

Respose from Chennai for my e-mail;

We haven\'t received them as of yet.

Them meaning the resent info from the NVC. I feel like we are going backwards in time. But, perhaps by next week this time they will have it. 10 business days from Jan 3 would take us to about Jan 17. I just hope they handle it top priority.

acehart

There is no question of Chennai rejecting documents from NVC. No second thought, I belive we get feb interview irrespective of emial responses saying check back in feb or after 10days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------

AC-140: As most of the guys we know about this process and chennai till yestarday doesn\'t accept and other two Indian consulates Mumbai and Delhi accepts. Now we got sucess from Chennai too.

Last month when they denied our schedule interviews, We realised AC-140 is the other alternative if Chennai wants physical papers advised by attorney Murthy in response to some of us contacted her and she also told contact AILA, Ms.walker can help out of this situtation or apply I485.

We ignored I485 option and some of us contacted inculding me Ms. walker. She did excellent job for us. At the same time I contacted chennai Consulate General because I didn\'t get good response from front desk people and most of the memebers in the room expressed to contact higher ups at Chennai Consulate. I did and got the response yestarday and posted here.

I got mixed responses,positive and some concerns about my posting and what I am doing regarding our issues. I used to post all the resposes I got from Chennai and Ms. Walker earlier and I did samething yestarday. I should have used some commonsense and hold that mail for some time.

Communication: I never ever forwarded mail resposes I got from Walker to Chennai. I forwarded Chennai mail responses to Ms. Walker to clearly understand the depth of this situation and every time she responded my mails 30 minutes time period. We greatly appreciate her.

I amn\'t responsible for somebody false assumption claiming I have forwarded or I am going to forward her mails to chennai.

I belive information should be open and should reach to right people at the right time. If I did anything wrong in my postings or Any one thinks I am going to hurt you guys cp process please stop your blames upto me don\'t include all Indians.

acehart: you can post your email address . I am very happy to forward the mail I got from Consulate General Chennai . you can understand why I removed my orginal posting. Please look into the mail I am going to forward to you for anything I made mistakes to writing the letter to Chennai both content and timing perespective also.

I am writing this to you because you started this link.

I wish every one in this room to get interview in Feb. If you have any questions about my previous postings I kindly request you guys discuss with your attorneys or some one else you trust before blaming all Indians.

Thanks

Different, take it easy!

This whole things looks like a circus. I don\'t think any single person or email can affect our chances of getting an interview.

We have done everything we can so far. We have come a long way. Just wait for the 15 th. and if we do not get into Feb. we can decide as a forun what our next steps should be.

different

You did nothing wrong. We are all here trying to help the situation. Everyone, things would work out. Though DHL might take 3-4 days to reach Chennai, it still would take some time to go from the mail room to IV section, so give Chennai its 10 days. Chennai is still holding on releasing Feb dates, last month this time they started giving the dates out, they are most likely holding dates to finalize our dates too. As I said earlier be optimistic, things will work out.