Jan 2008 Visa Bulletin is out!

EB3 ROW should have moved much more than that. After the mass approvals this summer, there aren't many pre-2003 EB3 ROW cases left unapproved. In May when they moved the EB3 ROW date to August 2003, they didn't get a flood of applications, which prompted them to bump EB3 ROW all the way into 2005 in June. If they don't move EB3 ROW into 2004 or later within the next six months, visa numbers will be wasted.

I guess they think that there is probably more LC's out there just waiting for their PD to be current from ones which are old and did not make the July rush. I am thinking they are probably wondering what is a good PD to go and are cautiously moving forward. Sucks to be us the ones waiting, but unforunately nothing we can do about it which is even more frustrating

I guess they think that there is probably more LC's out there just waiting for their PD to be current from ones which are old and did not make the July rush.
That might explain other categories, but EB3 ROW was at 2003 or later from May until August, thus giving the late 2002 and early/mid 2003 PDs lots of time to file their I-485 without missing the boat.

i really think they should go back to 1990. 90 being a good number :)
It may be good that we have noticeable retrogression (to most of us it really doesnt matter 2000 or 2002) , so that may be someone in capitol hill can talk and try to bring in some bill to resolve this problem.
It is certainly interesting to note that people are not bold enough to upgrade to (retrogress) EB1 category yet.

That might explain other categories, but EB3 ROW was at 2003 or later from May until August, thus giving the late 2002 and early/mid 2003 PDs lots of time to file their I-485 without missing the boat.

My PD Dec 2002 ROW, I-485 received May 10th. I still missed the boat! My explanation is, after they moved the dates a year or so each month they realized it would take a while for cases like mine to go through fp or namecheck before the end of fiscal year so instead of waiting and wasting visa numbers they went ahead and approved cases with PDs from even upto 2004 which have already been filed and went through fp, namecheck whatever months even years ago and just waiting to be assigned a visa number.

EB3 ROW should have moved much more than that. After the mass approvals this summer, there aren't many pre-2003 EB3 ROW cases left unapproved. In May when they moved the EB3 ROW date to August 2003, they didn't get a flood of applications, which prompted them to bump EB3 ROW all the way into 2005 in June. If they don't move EB3 ROW into 2004 or later within the next six months, visa numbers will be wasted.

It should be different this year. Last year they moved the EB3 cut-off date in June, which was too late for most of the new applicants to get all the checks cleared in time for the approval.
This year, there is a large number of applications filed last summer that will likely be in an 'approvable' state soon. As soon as DOL moves the dates USCIS should be able to request the numbers.

I don't think we can say that without knowing how many substitute labours with early PDs were filed before this ridiculous process was outlawed.
That may have a bigger role than we are realising. Of course, we very well know the other reasons.

Be careful ... if everybody downgrades, EB3 India retrogresses just as badly or worse.

That wasn't meant to be a serious Q. We're officially in the 20th century :) - this is now tending from the frustrating to the ridiculous.

Soon you'll be able to find out the location of the Mayflower by tracking EB2 India applicants.

As depressing as this is for EB2IN, check out the article on oh's website about
"January 2008 Visa Bulletin and Predicament of Unmarried Indian EB-2"

The VB says that the heavy demand for EB2 IN may make it U soon.
Where is this demand coming from?
During July-07 fiasco, everybody (with PDs potentially upto July'07) applied for AOS.
There are people still left with pds before 02 in EB2?
sweeeeeeeet - India EB2 is now Jan'00 (behind India EB3 at May'01) - anyone for category downgrade? :)

It was very attractive to port from eb3 to eb2 when eb3 was behind eb2 and retain their old PD.Not anymore. Now people are talking of downgrading from Eb2 to EB3. I think it doesnt matter now that you are eb2 or EB3. They will have to move at the same pace. because of this situation. Do you think people are fools not to downgrade their Eb2, when EB3 dates move to 2003 or 2004. I dont think so.so we are all here for long time. The problem is not eb2 visa number or eb3, just GC numbers for EB.

The VB says that the heavy demand for EB2 IN may make it U soon.
Where is this demand coming from?
During July-07 fiasco, everybody (with PDs potentially upto July'07) applied for AOS.
There are people still left with pds before 02 in EB2?

I believe that a lot of EB3 with PD 2002/2003 and earlier have upgraded their category to EB2 and transfered original EB3 PD in the EB2 category recently.

Only this can explain huge demand EB2 IN.

Next year this time EB3 and EB2 ROW will retrogress because of Indians and Chinese marrying ROW citizens and using cross-chargeability :D.