Jan 2007 Bulletin

I think the worst is coming with new system....BCS

If this is implemented there will be no visa numbers for most of the cat: for years. Imagine over 600K applications pending for background check and 100's of application pending with backlog elimination center !!!! where is the visa numbers if you do a simple math. This immigration system is broken and no one is going to repair.. they will make it worse evry year........ :mad: :mad:
see the details....
12/05/2006: USCIS Proposes to Operate Centralized Background Check Systems to Reduce Backlogs Effective 01/03/2007

The immigration and naturalization proceedings have witnessed a substantial delays in some cases because of the so-called background check delays. In naturalization proceedings, such backlog has produced a substantial number of federal district court litigation in the form of Mandamus action to force the agency to perform the job.
In order to process and adjudicate immigration proceedings, USCIS conducts three different background checks on applicants/petitioners applying for USCIS benefits: (1) A Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Fingerprint Check, (2) a FBI Name Check, and (3) a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Treasury Enforcement Communication System/Interagency Border Inspection System (TECS/IBIS) Name Check. In order to assist in this task, USCIS established a new
system of records that will consolidate all background check requests and results on immigration benefit applicants/petitioners. This new system of records is called the Background Check Service (BCS). The Background Check Service allows authorized U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services representatives to request background checks and access the data stored in the Background Check Service during the adjudication process in order to facilitate informed decision-making. As a centralized repository containing all background check activity, BCS will provide the status and results of background checks required for completion of immigration eligibility petitions and applicationdeterminations from one web-based system to geographically dispersed field offices. This system supports USCIS's initiatives to reduce immigration benefit/petition case backlog and provide significant efficiencies in vetting and resolving the background checks that are required for USCIS benefits. Prior to BCS, information relating to the FBI Fingerprint Checks and the FBI Name Checks were stored in the FD-258 system and FBI Query system respectively.
Information relating to the TECS/IBIS Name Checks was not stored in any system.
USCIS asserts that this consolidated and centralized Background Check Services will contribute to the reduction of backlogs. This established system of records will be effective January 3, 2007 unless comments are received that result in a contrary determination. For the full text of the notice, please click here.

Why? I thought this new background checking system will make things smoother? Would you explain a little bit more for me? Thanks!

Lan

this is worest situation we are in already .where the heck they can take us back

GaramChai2go said:
I am worried about backward movement. What if they go back in time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be good for those who stuck...but...

They need to assign visa numbers to these outstanding cases from the existing pool of visa numbers. So.... you can now think what happens.....

nonogc said:
Why? I thought this new background checking system will make things smoother? Would you explain a little bit more for me? Thanks!

Lan

I guess, he is referring to the fact that namecheck demon..pretty much holds off about 20% of the applicants from getting their 485's approved....so if USCIS launches namecheck centralization system, it would increase the traffic of 485 approvals by 20%...but this is still a proposal...God knows if it will get enacted...and if it gets enacted...the IT project might be a 6-12 month project...which is at least an 1 year far away...

santa4u said:
I guess, he is referring to the fact that namecheck demon..pretty much holds off about 20% of the applicants from getting their 485's approved....so if USCIS launches namecheck centralization system, it would increase the traffic of 485 approvals by 20%...but this is still a proposal...God knows if it will get enacted...and if it gets enacted...the IT project might be a 6-12 month project...which is at least an 1 year far away...
It all depends on where your case falls... if you are one of the 20% whose checks don't get completed immediately, you'll benefit from this new system if it works as advertised. But if you're one of the 80% who gets through the name check quickly, you may have to wait a little longer for approval if the other 20% aren't being held back due to name check.

for the new system go live date is 01/03/2007

santa4u said:

Look like they have well planned this to make it worse.... no cure for this madness

They are trying to improve the system ..

Guys and Gals,

Most of the changes that are being made to the immigration system are positive because they are trying to fix a system that was on the brink of collapse. A lot of the policies being implemented today will help new immigrants and those that are not affected by retrogression. The unfortunate thing is that a lot of people (me included) have gotten caught in the middle of this sea change in processes and for most of us these changes will probably lead to more delays because our processes are caught in the flux of change. Its all about timing and dumb luck I guess. Most of us missed the "approval boat" between 03-early 05 when there was no retro and total confusion in USCIS. Cases were being approved randomly back then. Now the USCIS is trying to correct itself but these policies will not change our situation much because most are geared towards new applicants.

Anyway, there is no point in going on about this. We just have to accept the reality that we got caught in a messy situation and need to stop critizing the positive steps that the USCIS is taking. These policy changes will help future immigrants. Infact once the 245i mess is cleared (even if it takes 10 years) the system will be far supersior to the one we went through.

regards,

saras

Infact once the 245i mess is cleared (even if it takes 10 years) the system will be far supersior to the one we went through.

Looking at your priority date I can tell that 245i was implemented long before you were on the green card radar :p Yep, it was 1998 and just extended at the end of 2000 :D

Yes ...

envision said:
Looking at your priority date I can tell that 245i was implemented long before you were on the green card radar :p Yep, it was 1998 and just extended at the end of 2000 :D

Not sure what your point is. You are right in that the 245i mess came into being in the late 90s and was extended with a sunset date of April 30th 2001. Keeping with human nature, almost everyone waited till the absolute last minute to take advantage of 245i and hence the huge numbers in April and especially 20th-30th April.

The 245i's affected me at the labor stage (took almost two years) and are now affecting my 485. I don't have anything against 245is. The legislation was irresponsible in that they did not plan for the reprecussions on the system.

regards,

saras

lucky you, my labor took 4 years :D Many people who are knocking 245i have priority dates of 2003 and later , I was just pointing out the facts about it

I like to waste my time so......

I predict EB3 worldwide will move two months to Oct 1, 2002. Still not enough for me though............

NN

Optimist and Pessimist in 1 sentence

Everyone will become current and then stuck in the name check for years ... followed by class action lawsuit :)

NYImmigrant said:
Everyone will become current and then stuck in the name check for years ... followed by class action lawsuit :)

I always see people making calulated guess and yada yada yada and call the senators and congressmen and yada yada yada..

Can someone reach an insider in the the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security and find out whats going on so that we can get a real picture? I think its good to be optimistic, but at the same time its good to be realistic.

I am sure someone's uncle or aunt or some neighbor works there.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
I always see people making calulated guess and yada yada yada and call the senators and congressmen and yada yada yada..

Can someone reach an insider in the the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security and find out whats going on so that we can get a real picture? I think its good to be optimistic, but at the same time its good to be realistic.

I am sure someone's uncle or aunt or some neighbor works there.
that some one got approved and left the forum long time back...:D

techy2468 said:
that some one got approved and left the forum long time back...:D

No , that someone already became citizen and supports only anti-immigrant motions :D

so u guys think all the dates should move further because of new quota quater or something? i sure hope so that family based ones move ahead to. good luck to u guys. :D

bijuria11 said:
so u guys think all the dates should move further because of new quota quater or something? i sure hope so that family based ones move ahead to. good luck to u guys. :D

I don't know if anything else is moving or not. But I am sure EB3 india will not move more than a week, it will still be stuck in April 30 deadline.... they are going to play ping-pong for another year or two. People are getting citizenships (in the same or less amount of time) and ready to move back to home country to keep their option open, but we still have way to go for GC. Screwy system.