Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I-140 approved

Originally posted by ashrit
Concurrent filing

EAD approved - 04/18/03
AP approved - 04/18/03
I 140 approved - 10/25/03

Since I am nearing my EAD and AP expiration (5 months), when should I apply for renewal. What is the earliest and latest I can do it ?

-thanks, ashrit

You can apply for EAD / AP renewal right now. The new EAD timeline will start from the last date of the previous EAD till 1 year.

hth
dyno

EAD Renewal

Guys,

What do you need for EAD renewal, is it normally done by the lawyer or is it something I can do on my one... Good job keeping this thread alive... My EB1 OR Category seems to be frozen for the last year. Sucks!!!!

Congratulations to all who got 140 approvals and Good Luck

Thanks for your replies

Re: EAD Renewal

Originally posted by vidhun
Guys,

What do you need for EAD renewal, is it normally done by the lawyer or is it something I can do on my one... Good job keeping this thread alive... My EB1 OR Category seems to be frozen for the last year. Sucks!!!!

Congratulations to all who got 140 approvals and Good Luck

Thanks for your replies

You can file your own renewal and need not go through a lawyer (if your company lawyer files it without charging you, use the service).

Check the USCIS EAD info page.

hth
dyno

Re: Need to keep EAD/AP valid all the time ..

Thanks Satya.

I am going to apply my EAD renewal and AP in this week or next. My first EAD and AP are expiring on 4/2/04. So I am applying 3 1/2 months ahead not to count on any thing with VSC.

Both AP and EAD are now taking around 3 months, I believe.

Hope to see your I-140 approval soon.
By the way, one 1/25/03 case (EAC03087528**) got RFE generated today and one on 12/4/03 (EAC03087530**).

Good Luck
-Sanga.

Originally posted by satya27476
It is very important to keep EAD/AP valid all the time and file renewals before 4 months of expirey as it takes about 3 months to get EAD renewed.

This is very important to use AC21 to change jobs after 140 approved ( if 180 days passed of 485 filing). New Empoyer has obligation to verify EAD validity. New Employer can terminate if EAD is expired and 485 is in pending status.

Sanga, Congrats for your I140 approval. My 140 is EB2 Substitute, also with RD of 01/25/03. Still counting, filed 485/EAD/AP last week to get some attention. Let's see. When can I get my AP ? anyidea ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one

My EAD/AP expiration is about 3 month away and my lawyer sent a message asking for the photo and other details for the renewal and am in India right now.

Does anyone know of a place, studio in India (Delhi) where I could get a green card style photo done.

Last time I had it done from Moto Photo and they know how to do the job!! but don't know if in India there are some similar studios, who know the exact specs?

Any direction could help.

thanks,

Ashrit

Try the famous "1 Hr. Photo Studio"....I don't know where exactly in delhi but its well known.... You can easily get the address from there itself.

485 forum??

Hi guys..Congrats on your 140 approval.

for U guys with approved 140 ,concurrent filing ,Jan2003 cases what's the link for 485 forum...??

Re:Another one

Thanks Magician, will look for those photo shops.

Meanwhile, my wife's passport expires in a little over 6mos and she has to go out of US. So when she comes back at that time her passport expires in 5months, will that be an issue ?

For few countries US needs atleast 6 months validity is India one of those. ??

passport renewal

ashrit,

6 months is the earliest period for passport renewal. If you are sure after your spouse's visit, you have 5 months remaining it is not a problem at all. I know people who renewed their passports 3-4 before expiration. Good luck !

Update

Thanks magician, for your response on the passport expiry question as well. I talked to the lawyer and he also tells me the same.

Now I have to keep my fingers crossed that I get my EAD/AP renewed before they expire !!
------

Attatched the updated spreadsheet.

I 140 ND 01/25/03 Got 485/EAD/AP Reciepts yesterday

I140 EB2 Labor Substitution. Applied 485/EAD/AP on Dec 01 and got the reciepts already for three with 12/04/03 RD.

I wish it will trigger my I140 processing again. let's see.

Good luck to you all....

Finally got 140 Approved.

Hi,

Got my 140 approved almost after 11 months.

ND 01/14/2003
RD 02/04/2003
AD 12/11/2003

I called up VSC on 10th Dec. and I got the standard response from them "We are processing 28th Oct 2002 at this time, It will be few months you will hear something from us." And today I checked and it has been approved.

:)

Md dec 2002

rd Jan 24th 2003

RFE Dec 15th - not recieved no idea what it is for.

Could it be that Vermnt are raising minor queries in order to make their stats look good for year end?

Will update when I recieve the RFE

EB3

I140 Approved

I140 Approved

I have followed the postings on this site regularly, It has given me hope and also what to expect. It has helped me a lot. I thank everyone who have shared information and hope others do once they get results.

Here is my information.

I140 MD - 01/31/2003
I140 ND - 03/06/2003
I140 AD - 12/17/2003

I applied for my EAD and Advance Parole extensions on November 15. They currently expire on 01 April 2004. I remember reading a post, where someone's I140 got approved shortly after they applied for extensions. Maybe there is something there, since the cases around mine haven't budged.

Status
Not open for further replies.