Jan 2003 I-140/I-485 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will still hope that

My I-140 is approved long time ago but my company/lawyer did not inform me....:D :p

It can not remain hidden for long... some day it has to come out...

:eek:

I don't think I am that lucky though.:rolleyes:

I believe the phone system accesses the same database as the online system - hence the results are the same. The BCIS customer reps also access the same system and have absolutely no additional information to give.

I think the processing is still being done on paper only (as in the dark ages of the INS) and then someone manually goes in and updates the query system. Often, that "someone" conveniently forgets - after all, its not really adding to his/her productivity.

The problem gets worse than that - in the case of Visa renewal and most phases of the GC including I140, the BCIS refuses to let you (the beneficiary) know what is going on with your case (other than the online status. My Visa renewal had been pending for more than 10 months. An RFE was replied to in June and yet there was no news. So I initiated an inquiry after calling BCIS and talking to a rep. After weeks of waiting I get a letter in the mail only to tell me that as per privacy laws, the exact status of what's going on with the application cannot be revealed to me. Apparently, the application belongs to the employer and I have no right to know!

So not only are we stuck with an incorrect online query system, but we also cannot inquire directly with the BCIS on our case status.

I've heard of some people on here contacting local senators who have then followed things up with the BCIS. I guess the time elapsed must be way more than the 360 days (for I140) already indicated on the receipt by BCIS as the processing time required, before the Senator's office will consent to take it up directly.

status

I am going to use AC21 next week and my salary on LC is 68K where as my new salary will be 80k. Do you guys think this will be a problem? Titles are different ( software engineer vs. advanced systems engineer) but the job responsibilities are the same. Any insight will be appreciated.

Also, do you know if it is OK to use a valid mailing address (relative's) on EAD renewal application?

I don't think getting "more" will be a problem with the BCIS. They are just concerned about people being brought here by "slave traders"... little do they know.... :D

Here's a question for you Radha - details of your I140? Catgeory? EB2? How come you got it so soon? :p

My 140 was applied in January 2003 and was approved in March 2003. Category EB3. My company gave me substitute labor in Jan 2003 and applied my 140 and 485 concurrently.

muppaneni & Others...

My EB2 I-140 is appoved TODAY, 12/01/03. No RFE, no nothing. I am thrilled to see it approved both online and AVR :).

Good luck to rest of you all.

EB-2 approved ND: 02/07/03

EB2 / Concurrent with I-485
RD: 01/14/03
ND: 02/07/03
EAD & AP approval date: March '03
FP: March '03
I-140 approval (as per online message): Dec 1, 03 , No RFE's

Approved!

Just checked the status and my I-140 has been approved today!!

No RFE
EB2 - Concurrent.
RD 01/29/03
ND 02/12/03
EAC03100xxxxx
AD 12/01/03

Folks, I see the light at the end of the tunnel, although there's a lot of tunnel still to go! :D I still haven't even gotten my FP notice. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
140 Approved!

My I140 is approved on Dec 4th with No RFE.
Labor substitute.
MD - 1/7/2003
RD - 1/8/2003
ND - 1/30/2003

I am not sure mine is EB2 or EB3.

FYI: I applied EAD renewal on Nov 9th online.

485 forum

Hi guys..Congrats on your 140 approval.
for U guys with approved 140 ,concurrent filing ,Jan2003 cases what's the link for 485 forum...??

I-140 approved

Concurrent filing

EAD approved - 04/18/03
AP approved - 04/18/03
I 140 approved - 10/25/03

Since I am nearing my EAD and AP expiration (5 months), when should I apply for renewal. What is the earliest and latest I can do it ?

-thanks, ashrit

Need to keep EAD/AP valid all the time ..

It is very important to keep EAD/AP valid all the time and file renewals before 4 months of expirey as it takes about 3 months to get EAD renewed.

This is very important to use AC21 to change jobs after 140 approved ( if 180 days passed of 485 filing). New Empoyer has obligation to verify EAD validity. New Employer can terminate if EAD is expired and 485 is in pending status.

Sanga, Congrats for your I140 approval. My 140 is EB2 Substitute, also with RD of 01/25/03. Still counting, filed 485/EAD/AP last week to get some attention. Let's see. When can I get my AP ? anyidea ?

Status
Not open for further replies.