Jan 2003 I-140/I-485 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I140 and EAD approved (finally!!)

Hi all

My I140, EAD and wife's EAD got approved yesterday. Saw the status on the website. I had received an RFE in April for the EAD and my lawyer sent the reply on July 8th. I guess its true what they say about RFEs......they can make the processing faster at times.

Here are the other details
MD - 15 Jan 03
RD - 17 Jan 03
ND - 4 Feb 03

Phew. :D

Frantix

Interesting.....I140 times.....Also have a question on SSN for my wife

Hi nepaliraja,

I just checked my I140 and it says 30...360 days. Does yours still say 90...180?????

The question I have on SSN if anyone can help answer it:

I got my EAD a while back and so got an SSN for my wife. We recently made a load application for her and Bank came back and told us that they can not approve it. The reason being the SSN my wife have is "Temporary (Starts with 6)" SSN and is issued only for work.

Is that really true? Does evenyone who hot their SSN's for the spouse, do that have SSN's starting with 6?????

Please help.

Thanks.

never heard

I have never heard there are different #'s for different things for SS#. By the way you can open up a bank account if someone co-signs it. Yes, my process date says on the receipt 90-180 days but online changed to 30-360..

Question. What happens if one is laid off (has about one year on H1 six year), but the company still continues to process the green card? Irrespective of the current status, the green card which is for a future job should still be fine right?

SSNs

It's not true that SSNs which start from 6 are temporary, I think different states have SSNs starting from differrent starting number (not digits). My SSN starts from "6" I got it in GA. My daugther born in April has her SSN start from "6".

Thanks all for your answers

Hi All,

Thanks all for your answers. I will do some more research on it, about why Bank thinks it's temp. SSN and so denies giving loan.

Thanks.

dsujay..
even if you are laid off, your company can continue to process your green card (since it is for a future position, like you said). however, you need to maintain a valid visa status while you are in the country (if you are laid off on an h-1b, you lose status immediately). even this may not be necessary if you are past 180 days of your i-485 and have an EAD. it is always better to have a visa status.

hope this helps.

frantix
:)

Originally posted by Frantix
dsujay..
even if you are laid off, your company can continue to process your green card (since it is for a future position, like you said). however, you need to maintain a valid visa status while you are in the country (if you are laid off on an h-1b, you lose status immediately). even this may not be necessary if you are past 180 days of your i-485 and have an EAD. it is always better to have a visa status.

hope this helps.

frantix
:)

Thanks Frantix, that helps!

1..My lawyer is saying file I140 first and then go for I-485. in this case 140 is getting approved within 3-4 months. but if we apply for the concurrent processing, it takes more than 8 months for the 140 approval. does it true?

2.Also I am wondering if we can apply 485 anytime after we filed the 140? ie., when 140 is pending , can we apply 485 anytime or have to wait for 140 to be completed?

Since 485 needs medical tests and other proof of documents and it takes some time ,I think it will be much quicker to apply for 140 first, then after a month apply for 485.
Please let me know will that be possible?

Thanks

I140 first to get early approval

I guess your attorney heard on AILA conference that I140 approval would be faster if it is not concurrent. This was what my attorney also told. But I opted for concurrent filing. I am glad I did because EAD and AP came within 3 months.

Who is going to give gurantee on I140 processing time? It appears that if BCIS sends out an RFE for I-140, the approval might come through within 6 months of filing. You can make a decision whether to get an RFE or giving solid case and wait in the line for a year (as of the current status.)

Re: SSN after EAD approval - timeframe

Usundare,

SSN rules have changed a lot. My spouse had changed the status from H-4 to F-1 and applied for SSN. For two weeks the SSN office said there system doesn't show the change of status yet.

Then we went to local BCIS office, they said that the SSN office has to "raise a query" to the BCIS about the change of status They should not be just checking the system.

Finally, the SSN office "raised a query" and it takes about 30 days to get a reply. Only after that, the ssn will be issued. You need to ask the SSN office if they did this. They will say that they are checking the system, which is not correct. The system doesn;t always get updated for people who changed the status within the country.

Go every week and pester them. It is like a typical govt office.

Hope this helps!!

Originally posted by Usundare
Hello Everyone,

I have a question about SSN. My husband and I got our EAD and AP in May (was approved in the last week of April). My husband applied for his SSN on the 23rd of May. We haven't received the
SSN as yet. And when we checked with the local SSN office today, they said that they haven't received the needed information from BCIS.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the SSN. Has anyone had such a long delay.

Thanks!!!

meaning of EAC* please

what is this EAC0308751### means. .
Vermont
BCIS 2003
87th day ?
What is the five digit number mean ?

Jan 2003 Concurrent filing

Jan 2003 forum is silent since July 2003. Please post the updates here. Let us keep this thread alive.

what is this EAC0308751### means. .
Vermont
BCIS 2003
87th day ?
What is the five digit number mean ?

EAC0308751###
EAC - East Coast (Vermont)
03 - 2003
08 - month
7 - day
51### generated serial number

what is this EAC0308751### means.

EAC - Eastren Service (Area) Center
03 - Financial year Oct 2002 - Sep 2003
087 - Number of the business day in the financial year
5xxxx - Running serial number starting with 50000

I-140 Pending Job Change

Hello,

Filed my 140/485/EAD/AP in January 2003. EAD/AP approved some time back in March 2003. Got laid off 2 months ago and looks like I might get a permanant offer during Sep. 2003(did the interview well, so very confident). Should I wait for the consulting co. to find me a job? Is it wise to change job at this time? I completed 6 years of H1 time. Feel free to share your thoughts.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.