Jan 2003 I-140/I-485 concurrent Filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

MD: 01/13/2003.
ND: 02/03/2003.
FP done: 03/01/2003.

Today I485 status for myself and mywife, changed to "FP results received and processing resumed".

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Recipts

Hi All,
I got the recipts for I140,I485,I765,I131 for me and my wife

MD: 01/27/2003
RD: 01/30/2003
ND: 02/24/2003

Got Recipts 02/05/2003

Concurrent Filing
I-140/485/765/131 for my self & family.

MD: 01/09/2003
RD: 01/10/2003
ND: 01/31/2003

Finger Print Notice date: 2/21/2003
Finger Print Notice Received: 2/28/2003
Finger print scheduled date: 3/27/2003
Finger Prints completed: 3/1/2003

On line status for me, wife and son has changed to "FP Results received, processing resumed"

I-140/485/AP/EAD for myself & my husband.

MD: 01/8/2003
RD: ???
ND: 01/30/2003

Finger Print Notice Received: 3/30/2003
Finger print scheduled date: 4/5/2003
Finger print done: 3/06/2003

We did our FP at Alexandria, VA. They were not happy that we showed up a month early. They said, if it is a week early it is ok but a month is too much :).

But they agreed since they were not busy. Moreover, we had our 7 month old baby with us and they might have taken pity on us.

The whole process took about 20 to 25 minutes for my husband and me.

We showed our passports for proof of identity. Drivers license is acceptable.

Usundare, I will be going to the same center in about 10 days. Any thing important about the center or the process you would like to share ?

Usundare, I will be going to the same center in about 10 days. Any thing important about the center or the process you would like to share ?

Ashrit - Don't worry

Ashrit,

My wife and I have been to the same center last month and it is a straight forward process.

1) Show your passport

2) Fill out the form (basic details)

3) Wait for your turn and get finger printed.

Caution:

1) Make sure that you don't have any cuts or any sought of flakes on your fingers that day.

2) Be alert and make sure that your finger prints are coming up well on the computer screen during the process.

3) Check for any errors on the address and other personal information on the screen, before the process begins (There was an error on my address and I had to get it corrected)

4) The people working on these machines are real lousy and laid-back guys.. Gotta be watchful of the process.

Good Luck,
Hard Worker

FP question

Hello everyone,

I will do my FP in about one week. I heard someone said that, when you go to do FP, INS will ask you to fill out a form telling them "where do you want your green card finally be mailed to".
I want to ask those who have finished their FP -- Is this true ? What kind of form do they ask you to fill out ?

Thanks,
abc12321

Ashrit,
nope nothing to worry or nothing complicated.
The form they ask you to fill is just one page with the most basic
questions... name, address, age, height, weight etc.

They give the form back to you and it serves as your receipt.
They keep the FP notice though.

abc12321,
as for your question... they did not ask us anything like that.

Hi,

The form is for basic info. There are several different reasons people go for FP. They ask you in the form, the reason and I485 is one of the options. But other than that it's pretty basic info., such as Height / Weight / Color of eyes (Use same as listed on your Driver's license). They also ask "Other names used" And I had left it blank, but they wrote my full name there (I had listed my name with middle initial), but they expanded that initial to cover for full name. In case of my wife, it was her maiden name. They give the form back as receipt.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Question about Medical Exam

Hi,

I have a question about Tuberculosis. Is the X-ray examination required for employee-based applicant? The docotor said that I should do the skin test first. If the skin test is positive, then the X-ray exam is required.

However, the instructions of Form I-693 (Rev. 04/25/02) state that: "One of the conditions you will be tested for is tuberculosis. If you are 15 years of age or older, you will be required to have a chest X-ray examination. Exception: If you are pregnant or applying for adjustment of status under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, you may choose to have either a chest X-ray or a tuberculin skin test."

What did you do for your Tuberculosis test? Eager to get your answer..

Thanks

Orono

You only do skin test first. If the skin test is positive or result cann't be determined then only doctor will go for x-ray.

Re: question about medical exam

orono,

Essentially they want to see the test results of TB. X-ray for chest is a sure way to find that out but skin test can also determine if you are OK or not.

The usual process is to go first for the skin test (almost all BCIS doctors do the same), since it is easy and cheap. But if skin test comes positive then to validate and confirm, the doctor will ask you to get the X ray done which will show a clear picture if you are Ok or not.

I went through the same process of getting the skin test done first, it takes 48 hrs to see the results.

Travel Question

I have to travel outside US for about a week next month and I have a valid H1 for return.

I have my app. concurrently filed in Jan'03. Does this have any impact on my travel or vice versa.

thanks.

travel question

I have to travel outside US for about a week next month and I have a valid H1 for return.

I have my app. concurrently filed in Jan'03. Does this have any impact on my travel or vice versa.

thanks.

Receipts for Advance Parole App ????

Applied for 140/485/EAD/AP on Jan 27th and received receipts for 140/485/EAD on Feb 21st.

Does BCIS sends receipt for Advace Parole also? Or they will just sent the approved letter once for all?

Re: Receipts for Advance Parole App ????

Originally posted by Nov01RIR
Applied for 140/485/EAD/AP on Jan 27th and received receipts for 140/485/EAD on Feb 21st.

Does BCIS sends receipt for Advace Parole also? Or they will just sent the approved letter once for all?

Yes, I got a separate receipt for AP and it has its own case number. In other words, there should be separate case numbers for 140, 485, AP, EAD.

I140
MD:12/26/02
RD:12/27/02
ND:12/31/02

485/EAD/AP
MD: 01/08/2003
RD: 01/11/2003
ND: 02/07/2003

Finger Print Notice date: 2/21/2003
Finger print scheduled date: 3/21/2003
Finger Prints completed: 3/8/2003

FP Schedules

Hey

KrishnaKumar

Your FP is scheduled for 03/21/03, how did you manage to complete it on 03/08/03.

Did you finish it before the apppointed date??

Mine is on 03/25/03, can I do complete it earlier too??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.