My wife's EAD and AP : received mail at my home address
My wife's I-485 : got EAC # from attorney
My daughter's I-485 and AP : received EAC # from attorney
My I-140/I-485/EAC/AP : received EAC # from attorney

I hope my case is help to you.

- KIH

Originally posted by RaghuBattula
Concurrently filed I140 / I485 at VSC.

Today, I received FP notices for me and my wife.

FP Appt: March 18' 2003
RD: Jan 23' 2003
ND: Feb 25' 2003

The application number on the FP notice which I received starts with FP*...., there is another number, it is called INS A# ....I am guessing EAC numbers are something different and are the actual receipt notice(s).

Do we receive the Receipt Notices (EAC...numbers) for I140/ I485/ EAD / AP directly, or does it go to the attorney ? Can someone shed some light on this ? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
does INS send 2 separate letters to me and my wife for FP notice ?

Hello everyone,

First, an update of my info --

MD Jan 24, 2003
RD Jan 27, 2003
ND Feb 18, 2003
FP scheduled on Mar 15, 2003, the FP notice was issued on Feb 25, 2003 and I received the mail today.

However, I have one question for those who have done this for themselves and spouses -- The mail I received today only has my name on it (it is the FP notice form I-797C). Will INS send a separate notice to my wife ? How did INS notice your family of the FP ? Did they send separate mails to you ?

Thanks,
abc12321

Re: does INS send 2 separate letters to me and my wife for FP notice ?

abc12321,
You will be received separate I-797C form for your wife from INS.

- KIH

Originally posted by abc12321
Hello everyone,

First, an update of my info --

MD Jan 24, 2003
RD Jan 27, 2003
ND Feb 18, 2003
FP scheduled on Mar 15, 2003, the FP notice was issued on Feb 25, 2003 and I received the mail today.

However, I have one question for those who have done this for themselves and spouses -- The mail I received today only has my name on it (it is the FP notice form I-797C). Will INS send a separate notice to my wife ? How did INS notice your family of the FP ? Did they send separate mails to you ?

Thanks,
abc12321

FP Notice received......done

Hi,

Here is my update with FP information.....

I-140/485/765/131 for myself & wife.

MD: 01/13/2003
RD: 01/14/2003
ND: 02/03/2003

Finger Print Notice date: 2/24/2003
Finger Print Notice Received: 2/28/2003
Finger print scheduled date: 3/22/2003

Finger Prints completed: 3/1/2003

However, on line status has not changed.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Can you go for FP before your scheduled date? I see that some of you have done that. Is it okay to do that ?? Aren't there any risks involved, considering that we are dealing with INS here ??

Thanks !!

FP before the scheduled date?

140/485/EAD/AP:
ND: 02/12/03
FP ND: 02/26/03
FP scheduled Date: 03/11/03

My FP needs to be done in Newark, NJ. Is there anyone who has done FP in this local office? If so, please advise how long the process takes, and what should I pay attention to.

Most importantly, can we go there have FP done before the scheduled date in this local office?

Thanks,

tigerrush

I did receive a separate mail from INS for my wife's FP notice. Thanks for the person who responded to me regarding this. The update --

MD: 01/24/03
RD: 01/27/03
ND: 02/18/03
FP scheduled on 03/15/3 for me and my wife.

good luck to everyone.

I-140/485/AP/EAD for myself & my husband.

MD: 01/8/2003
RD: ???
ND: 01/30/2003

Finger Print Notice Received: 3/30/2003
Finger print scheduled date: 4/5/2003

We have to do our FP at Alexandria, VA.
I know some get their FP done earlier, is that depending on the
office or is the same policy everywhere.

If anyone has any info about FP at Alexandria, please post.

Finger Printing Before Scheduled date

Hi Guys,

All depends on the local office. I went to the local office with the finger print notices and requested them if they can take the finger prints earlier. On the day I went, there was not much of work load and the office accepted my case. May be you can try the same with your local office.

There is no harm is appearing for finger prints earlier than scheduled. In fact, it will better the processing time of your case.

Hope this will help.

Thanks, muppaneni.

I will give a try then...

BTW, reddygc, if you are also in Newark NJ, let me know when you plan to go pls.

Thanks again, guys! Good luck to all!

Can I go to San Jose local ASC office for finger prints Instead of Boston ASC ?

Hi muppaneni & tigerrush
Thanks for your responses. I have one more question,

I am working on a project in San Jose, CA and My lawyer got a FP appointment notice at a Boston ASC for Mar 22nd.
Can I go to San Jose local ASC office for finger prints Instead of Boston ASC ? What all the things should I take with me so that I won't have any problem? Do I have to provide the address proof?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reddy

Hi,

Someone asked about can FP done earlier.

My experience:

I went to INS office and asked if I can do it today and they just told me to fill the form and get in line. I filled the form. I showed my Driver's licence for Address proof and that's all. I was done in 25 or so mins. Quick and looked very professional.

Online status updated today for notice sent:

Today my online status says that my (and my wife's as well) FP notice was sent. So looks like there is a delay in status update. i.e. My notice was posted on 02/24/2003, but onlince status was updated sometime today!

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Recvd. FP notice

Update :

MD:17 Jan
RD: 22 Jan
ND: 03/07
FP : 03/20 - scheduled date , Recvd. on 03/04

The notice asks to carry an ID (DL or passport) and the notice itself.

Any one with the experience in Alexandria let me know.

Do I need to carry some proof of address, since my DL does not show the current address. If it is required then can I use my bank statement, Car regis. or tax doc. ??

FP

Thanks, allthebest.

Meanwhile I called BCIS to see if there is any process of going earlier for FP before the appointment date. The guy said follow the process on the bottom of the notice and discouraged to change the appointment, unless it cannot be avoided.

Any thoughts, comments. I have my FP next week, the best I can do is go this saturday - is it worth ?

Hi,

If it is next week, I would not go early. Stick to what you have.

Also in my earlier message I said I showed my DL for address proof. I did not really mean to say that. I should have said I showed my DL for identification. She checked only the name and photo.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Re: FP appointment

Ashrit

I would suggest that you go on your appointment date - it's not worth taking that trouble - you never know these guys.

Originally posted by ashrit
Thanks, allthebest.

Meanwhile I called BCIS to see if there is any process of going earlier for FP before the appointment date. The guy said follow the process on the bottom of the notice and discouraged to change the appointment, unless it cannot be avoided.

Any thoughts, comments. I have my FP next week, the best I can do is go this saturday - is it worth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.