Jan 02 cases - Update

2nd FP

2nd FP original was sent to me and a copy was sent to my attorney.

RFE was sent only to my attorney. I did not receive any copies of RFE.

2nd FP experience

My 2nd FP is scheduled in CA for 04/29. I went to Indianapolis center today to give my FP and they told me that if they take the FPs here, my file would be transferred from CA to Indy and my case will be delayed. They advised to go and do FP in CA on the scheduled date.

Did anyone have the same experience at any other center?

You can get your FP done at any location, provided you are more 100 miles away from the center on your FP notice. INS doesn' t care since the prints are collected and sent to the FBI along with your WAC# and the results are sent back to CSC and it finds its way into your file (all of it is electronic from what I hear).

I got my 2nd FP done at a different location and my status has been updated to results received. You can even walk in and get your fp done if you go early enough.

Just my experience - I could be wrong.

- GCDz

RFE sent message

wac02086
ND: Jan 15, 2002

I get this online message for both mine and my wifes cases

"On April 9, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed."

Just received RFE for case WAC 02-081-5xxxx

Msg says that RFE was sent on April 9th 2004...Things are moving...No FP notice yet

2 FP recvd

Recvd notice for 2nd FP for both spouse and self.
Mailed on 5th April.
WAC 02095xxxxx.
I-485 was filed in CSC.
Moved to MA.
1st FP was in Boston.
For some reason, this one they have scheduled in Providence, Rhode Island.
Anyone with fingerprinting experience in RI ?

2nd FP experience

My 2nd FP is originally scheduled in CA.

I went to BCIS office in Indianapolis to give my
wife's and my 2nd Finger Prints on 04/12/04. But, the
BCIS official advised me that if I give finger prints
here(Indianapolis), then my AOS case would be
transferred to the local office and they would need to
schedule an interview and it would take anywhere
between 12-18 months for them to schedule an
interview. They advised me to give my 2nd Finger
prints in California. They also told me that giving
FPs in Indianapolis would delay my AOS further.

I am going to give my FPs in CA.

To my surprise, I check the mail yesterday night and a FP notice for me and another for my wife were waiting for us. Now, we have received a 2nd FP notice in OAK (anyone with experience here?) and our RFE should be on its way...

WAC 02-081-5xx-xx
RD: Jan 8, 2002

my RFE response recd.

My RFE response was recieved by BCIS on Apt9th

WAC 02-092-XXXX

ND/RD 01/2002
RFE recd - 03/24/2004
RFE send - 04/02/2004
RFE response recd by them - 04/09/2004

WISHING ALL OF US - A FASTER APPROVAL !!

RFE Issued For WAC-02-088-xxxxx

Hi Guys,

I just come to know from my lawyer that he received the RFE for my I-485 (EB3) case filed in Jan 2002 in CSC. The RFE was issued on April 8th and USCIS online message also updated. RFE requested for the following:

1. Employment Verification Letter
2. Copies of most recent 3 paychecks or pay stubs
3. Copies of Personal Income Tax Returns with W-2 for last 3 years

We already done our 2nd FP in January 2004. For your reference I also got the following email from my lawyer:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two weeks ago, I attended the CSC Liaison meeting, and learned that a large number of CSC employees have been freed for work to catch up on the adjustment cases. They are now promising very fast progress, and here is the good news: It was announced at the meeting that, when files come up for review, they will always request an updated employment letter just to determine that the job is still open and in effect. We could be VERY close to the end of the case.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wish you all best of luck.........

Last edited by a moderator:
longGCwaiter,
Thanks for ur update. My Wac No. also iss WAC02088XXX.. (EB2)and I did my 2nd FP in Jan.
And now, eagerly waiting for approval or RFE. I think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Nothign yet...

Have not done 2FP or received RFE on my case (and my wife's). Talked to my lawyer and they called CIS and suposedly our case is in the hands of an officer (Since March) but nothing has moved...
They (Lawyer) said they'll call again in 2 weeks to see if there's any progress...

Nothign yet...

Have not done 2FP or received RFE on my case (and my wife's). Talked to my lawyer and they called CIS and suposedly our case is in the hands of an officer (Since March) but nothing has moved...
They (Lawyer) said they'll call again in 2 weeks to see if there's any progress...

Wishing you all

Wishing ALL OF US - Faster Approvals !!

yosemas, have faith...it will come !