Jai Shree RAM ......Hanuman A....P...R...O....V......E.....D

CIA check for 60 days hold.....

JJ this is not the normal procedure but may be for some cases which are transfered to Local INS office...This this an additional check over and above FBI check which also takes 60 days.

Remeber EVERY BODY\'s finger print is checked by FBI for records and takes 60 days to get the results to INS. Cases that may be under suscpicion or required more scrutiny are sent to local office for more veryfication and for personal interview with applicant.

Since cases that are transfered to local office are BECAUSE OF SOME DOUBTS this additional check by CIA is possible.

Hope this helps

Hanuman

No Title

Thanks Hanuman for the clarification !
I have a question for you. Have you heard of any RFEs from INS or any other kind of scrutiny after the passport is stamped but before plastic card is mailed to the candidate\'s home? Can a person after stamping the passport immediately change the job and move to a different state or he/she has to wait for certain period of time?

Not Any more

JJ earlier you were suppose to be working for the same employer sfter getting GC but not any more.........now a days when they allow you to change the job based upon AC21 EVEN BEFORE getting GC so the change of job after GC is a NO BRAINER.....but in any case take a conservative approch and stick with the same employer for atleast one month after stamping if you can......

Also no agency checks for your where abouts after stamping and before the card UNLESS THEY HAVE ANY INFORMATION OR HAVE A REASON TO BELIVE OF WRONGFUL DOING !!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps
Hanuman

Thanks a lot !

Thanks a lot Hanuman !
I appreciate the info. I am not concerned about any background checks. I just wanted to make sure that if I need to change the State in case of a job change I can do so, because earlier I was told by the attorney that the labor certification is valid for a particular State only. An adjustment of status applicant can\'t take other job in a different state until the plastic card arrives at home. Is it valid any more after AC-21 regulations, I don\'t know.

Hanuman did you get your approval notice yet ?

Hanuman I got approval the same day you got yours but I havn\'t got the notice yet did you get yours ?
Thanks

Jai Shree Ram!!

Hanuman, great to hear your case has been approved.
Throughout this struggle, my only resort was to keep faith and I did in the Hanuman Chalisa. Since the day I asked "Bajrang Bali" for help, he showered my family with his grace.

Fellow netters please read the sacred Hanuman Chalisa during this tough period and through your life for overcoming the challenges and maintaining peace within. http://www.hanuman.com

jpol