JacksonVille FL stamping on passport

--

Yes. But you may need to get there very early to avoid waiting for a long-time.

On Oct 01, we went to Jacksonville and did the 485 stamping without appointment. We arrived there about 7:40AM and the stamping was completed around 8:40. BTW, we met a heavy traffic around 7:10AM at Jacksonville (in I-10); not sure if it is common in every morning.

I receive my I-797 letter approving the conditions to be removed from my green card. The letter did not say that I needed an appointment. I called the 1-800 number and spoke to a customer service rep. She said that I did need an appointment and to schedule one through Infopass. Now the letter did not say I needed one and I was hoping to just go and wait in line. She said I would not be admitted without an appointment. This was changed in October. I received my letter in December. So is that true? I would like to go this week but can't get an appointment until next week. It's a 6 hour drive. Will I be turned away if I turn up without an appointment??

Just make InfoPass appointment to be on thje safer side even if the letter did not say so. That way you dont have to wait for all previous held appointments to be cleared before you are attended to.
The Infopass appintment will prevent you from a long wait at the center. The centers first call in people who have made infopass appointments . Then they call in walk ins. Just like doctor's appointments.

Apparently you will need an appointment. They are fazing out the walk ins, according to their customer service 800 number. At the moment they are not stopping people from walking in without an appointment but they have to wait until all others have been processed first. The last appointment is at 10.30am, so it could be after 12 when they get round to the walk-ins. A guy there had a letter to appear but did now arrange an infopass appointment. I got there at 10.00am, which was 15 mins prior to my scheduled time. I was finally called at 11.30am. The other guy was still there when I left at 11.50am and would probably be there for quite a while. People were walking around all over the place looking so lost. It's quite unorganized at the front door and the security guards are mean. Why do they look like they hate their jobs? I had to ask where to go. Rolling her eyes she said "over there in the box" Sorry for asking :confused:

DON'T walk in. DO get an appointment. Good Luck.

I'm done now. Thank God. It has taken me 4 years to get to this point. Paperwork, applying, interviewing and waiting. And waiting and waiting.... If they are so far behind processing green cards, why don't they hire more people; create more offices to process and interview? After a 6 hour drive from Pensacola to Jacksonville, to wait over an hour and then be out of there in 15 minutes. *sigh* it was worth it though!