J2 visa Question

marfq

Hi,

My wife and I are Canadaian citizens. She is currently on J1 visa working in USA. I am in Canada. I want to apply for J2 for myself and our kids.

My mom is a US citizen who filed for my green card few years ago meaning I have a priority date.

Would this have any bearing on my J2 visa when I go for I-94 at the border post once I receive the new DS2019.

Thanks,
MARFQ

Hi,

My wife and I are Canadaian citizens. She is currently on J1 visa working in USA. I am in Canada. I want to apply for J2 for myself and our kids.

My mom is a US citizen who filed for my green card few years ago meaning I have a priority date.

Would this have any bearing on my J2 visa when I go for I-94 at the border post once I receive the new DS2019.

Thanks,
MARFQ

your J2 application will be denied giving the fact that you have immigration intent and pending aplication, if not denied, due to USCIS mistake which could happen, this J2 will have a a very bad adverse outcomes on your pending GC to the extent of denial

Thanks for the update. What if I withdraw my immigrant application and then apply for J2 visa?

MARFQ

Thanks for the update. What if I withdraw my immigrant application and then apply for J2 visa?

MARFQ

If you withdraw it, it is denied or whatever happened, you still showed your intent to immigrate with very hgh possibility of J2 vsa application.