J1 Visa please help

tatari13

I came to US on J1 visa that expired 12-31-05. I'm married to US citizen since 2004. From 1-1-06 untill 2-10-08 out of status then I left with my wife and son to Canada. before I left I had a hardship waiver application pending. My question is if my request for a waiver got approved what would be the next step? would I be able to enter the US again or the 10 years bar would apply here?

Please help

Unfortunately the 10 year ban applies. You should have applied for adjustment of status while you were still in the US.

J1 Visa issuance from F1

Hi i Had a question anyone can please help .... I came to the USA on a F1 students visa and am now secured an job on a J1 visa i need to know if you must go back to your country of origin for the j1 visa issuance or u could stay in the USA and get an J1 visa....please help any body...
Thanks

You can apply for a change of status. The organization that issues your J-1 should be able to help.

J-1 holders are not exempt from the bar but there are a few loopholes ("D/S status loophole") that a very experienced attorney might be able to use to help you. Go get an attorney and get some proper legal advise. Your situation is far beyond what we arm-chair immigration advisors can help you with.