J1 to GC

halfsushi

What if the employer (school district) files a petition for a J1 to become a permanent resident? Is a waiver still required? Can they vouch for the applicant not to fulfill the 2 year residency? TIA

No, it’s not up to the school district to decide.
Is there really a path for a J visa to become a GC? What waiver can be presented? What is the best possible way for a successful application. The employer (school) already filed for PERM. Thank you.

You should familiarize yourself with the waiver process, and what bases can you claim to request a waiver. In general, if your visa was funded (even in part) by the U.S. government, the waiver will be the most difficult to obtain. If your home country has a skills list and your profession is one of them, it also might be difficult. Other categories might be easier, but in any case, approval is not guaranteed.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...he-exchange-visitor/exchange-waiver-faqs.html

Is there really a path for a J visa to become a GC? What waiver can be presented? What is the best possible way for a successful application. The employer (school) already filed for PERM. Thank you.
May I know the update of this process? My employer is actually looking for ways for me to stay longer. Hope to hear your reply soon. Thank you!

May I know the update of this process? My employer is actually looking for ways for me to stay longer. Hope to hear your reply soon. Thank you!
We're awaiting for the affirmation from the school district for the salary determination. That was last April 15.

Our next step is to file for a waiver soon. I need more advice on what waiver to file. Most likely, a legal consultation is required.

Reaching out to anyone who has or had a similar situation. Your advice is highly appreciated.

You should familiarize yourself with the waiver process, and what bases can you claim to request a waiver. In general, if your visa was funded (even in part) by the U.S. government, the waiver will be the most difficult to obtain. If your home country has a skills list and your profession is one of them, it also might be difficult. Other categories might be easier, but in any case, approval is not guaranteed.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...he-exchange-visitor/exchange-waiver-faqs.html