J1 to B1???

nir_prince

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

I am here on J1 visa, i got my waiver too.

Things is my visa is expiring in May 2008. I am going to apply for H1b in this coming april. But it will start in Oct. 2008. Is there anything i can transfer my visa ? Can anyone advice me please? If i can transfer for few months.

Pls reply me!

Nirav Amin

I think you should go to your country on May and como back on October with your H1b.

I'm in the same situation, but i haven't applyed to the waiver yet. how long did it take to you to get your waiver?,

Once you get your waiver Could you still working with your current J1 visa, because mine expire on february 2009 and I would like to use it until this October.

Yes, mine waiver took around 4-5 months.

better u start it right now. bcz it alwys depend, there is no fix time to get final waiver.

ya, u still continue with your job. there is no problem at all.

Nirav

Dear Friends,

I am here on J1 visa, i got my waiver too.

Things is my visa is expiring in May 2008. I am going to apply for H1b in this coming april. But it will start in Oct. 2008. Is there anything i can transfer my visa ? Can anyone advice me please? If i can transfer for few months.

Pls reply me!

Nirav Amin
What do you mean by transfer ?

You can go for O1 visa. It has priority processing in 15 days. If approved, you can continue to work. Employer need to sponsor it. If you have O1 you do not need H1 B later, O1 is fine for many years.

O1 need qualification and credential similar to EB1 EA green card.
Use good lawyer, like Rajiv Khanna.

good luck
abhuda

Thanks you for the WAY...

Abhuda, How does it excatly work? what documents i would need? i have did my bechlor in india.

Could you give me some more inforamtion pls. and also can i apply j1 to b1/b2?

what do i do for adjust status for 5 months. i spoke with one college but they are very expensive i wont able to aford it. pls advice if you know..

Nirav

You need google O1 visa requirements/eligibility. You do not need to ask all information to others.

Send your CV to some lawyer who may evaluate it for free if that can go through for O1. Your employer, who is going to file H1B for you will need to sponsor and file the O1 petition with USCIS. It is a straight procedure with premium processing. If approved before your J1 DS2019 expires, you may not need to go out of US to stamp O1 (you will have to confirm that, once O1 is approved). Even a bachelor degree with good credential and recommendation letters will do, I guess. Do not conclude your self that you will not be approved for O1 unless you take opinion from a lawyer. Google on internet for immigration lawyers and I guess Rajiv Khanna will be able to help you and give you the correct opinion.
Alternatively, stay out of US until you get H1B.

If your H1B employer is a university/non profit organization, there is no cap limit on H1B visa which is there for profit making companies.