J1 paperwork sent from London

GRE

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I'd appreciate your guidance on this minor yet pesky issue. I'm about to send out my statement of reason etc. My letter form the DoS states that I should use 8-1/2'' X 11'' ONLY paper. I live in UK and we only use A4 paper here. I know it sounds stupid, but I don't want to inadvertently come across as violating something. There is no way I can find legal size paper in UK. Would it be ok if I sent my statement in A4?

In the same letter I am asked to send *copies* of my IAP-66 (pink forms) on the same 8-1/2'' X 11'' paper. I can only print them on A4 paper, or send the pink forms themselves. Given that they asked for copies, would that be wise?

thank u very much for any insight,

GRE

clarification to my 1st post

:eek: I think I might have confused things in the second paragraph of my 1st post. All I meant to ask is: 1) is it ok to sent the IAP-66 originals instead of the requested copies? 2) is not, and since I can't find 8-1/2'' X 11'' paper to copy them on, is it ok to copy them on A4 paper?

Again this sounds minor, but I'm only trying to follow the instructions, which do not make much sense (papersize-wise) for ppl not currently living in the States.

thanks a bunch!

GRE

so how did you all do it then?

If no-one has faced a similar issue, I suppose either all of you have submitted in U.S. letter size or in whatever paper size is available in your home country, effectively ignoring the instructions.

Can someone chime in and let me know what they did?

thanks,
GRE

can we just cut the A4?

It doesn't look pretty and it's not the exact width but I am at my wits end here!!

do u mean the "pink forms", right? because they're not exactly "originals" (many thx)

LucyMO said:
DO NOT SEND THE ORIGINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do copy them on A4 paper.

Thanks for the warning! Gosh, I'm glad I didn't send them off yesterday.

What I meant by "originals" is of course the pink forms themselves, which, if I remember well, are still the carbon copies of a white front page, right?

SO, if we are still talking about the same thing,

the only other issue I have now with making copies is that the pink forms (IAP-66) are already not very legible. I will do my best to copy them in same-as-current state, if possible.

Thanks a bunch and good luck with everyone's case!! this is a bloody nightmare!

GRE

yes, the pink copy of the IAP-66 is your "original". If you send it off and don't have it -- well, that would create problems for you in the future, because they are impossible to regain.

So, send legible copies of the pink IAP-66 forms, copied onto A4 paper.