J1-for Canadian Landed Immigrant

dbeyene

Registered Users (C)
Hi freinds,

I am here in the US with J1 visa as a postdoc researcher. Although my citizenship is from a developing country, before coming to the US I became a Canadian Landed Immigrant. Therefore, when I applied for J1 vise in one of the US consultes in Canada they issued the visa with the following notice on the passport "Bearer is not subject to 212(E) Canadian Landed Immigrant". My quetions are
1. Right now I am preparing to apply for I-485, If I apply without the J1-waiver or Advisory openion of DOS, what will happen to my application?
2. If i apply for Advisory openion to the department of state (DOS), how long it will take to receive thier openion.

I thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir,

A quick question here. I applied for adv opinion and I have not got any results yet and don't know how long will it take. Now, can I apply for the waiver at the same time with that same case no if I would get the no objection from home country. Is it safe to do so or first one should wait for the results of adv opinion which in some cases take a very long time.

Thanks in advance.
P.S. your website is great. :)

You are not subject to 212(e), so you do not need a waiver.

Thank you very much for your replay.

That means, can I directly send my I-485, by attaching the copy of my visa ?

Is there any other way they automatically know that I am not suject to 212(e)?

Last edited by a moderator: