J1 department of housing sponsor IGA waiver-

ford2000

Hi ,
I am VISITING SCHOLAR subject to 212 e 2 HRR as my DS says because my country government fund, although my program did not receive any fund from my government, and ,in same time, I have no salary from my US sponsor program to doing my research, I am doing my research on my own. I asked my visa officer to provide me letter to prove that I have no Gov. fund toward my program but she said she can't remove that condition now even I am Wright. it is very hard to get this letter from my embassy. what ican do??

The only scholarship fund I get from my country school is the monthly salary for living (rent) only as I am full time instructor work in my country and it is deposited to me as employee not for my program.

1-Is that faire enough to file opinion advisory based on that my program did not funded by my government. And if I did that, does that consider immigration intension which will affect me if I went out of us
2- in case of still subject to 2HRR, can Private architecture company who offer sponsor me for H1B, request FROM the department of housing sponsor me for interest government agency IGA.
Please your advice is appreciated.

Hi ,
I am VISITING SCHOLAR subject to 212 e 2 HRR as my DS says because my country government fund, although my program did not receive any fund from my government, and ,in same time, I have no salary from my US sponsor program to doing my research, I am doing my research on my own. I asked my visa officer to provide me letter to prove that I have no Gov. fund toward my program but she said she can't remove that condition now even I am Wright. it is very hard to get this letter from my embassy. what ican do??

The only scholarship fund I get from my country school is the monthly salary for living (rent) only as I am full time instructor work in my country and it is deposited to me as employee not for my program.

1-Is that faire enough to file opinion advisory based on that my program did not funded by my government. And if I did that, does that consider immigration intension which will affect me if I went out of us
2- in case of still subject to 2HRR, can Private architecture company who offer sponsor me for H1B, request FROM the department of housing sponsor me for interest government agency IGA.
Please your advice is appreciated.

Fund by any mean (internal income in home country, travel ticket, insurance, ......etc) is considered fund and the only way is to get no objection waiver.
If you apply for IGA and there is governmental fund, you still need a letter from your embassy with no objection (despite the waiver itself is not no objection)
The right start point is your embassy not H sponsor, DOS, USCIS or others

1- Thanks for your reply, but 212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act says that j1 subject to 2HRR if j1 participation in the program for which he came to the United States was financed by an agency of the Government of the United States or by the government of the country of his nationality or his last residence, so if the program itself not financed by Gov. fund why j1 get 2HRR restriction.

2- If My embassy will not give such letter NOL, are you sure that IGA wavier will not even granted because Gov fund issue .

1- Thanks for your reply, but 212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act says that j1 subject to 2HRR if j1 participation in the program for which he came to the United States was financed by an agency of the Government of the United States or by the government of the country of his nationality or his last residence, so if the program itself not financed by Gov. fund why j1 get 2HRR restriction.

2- If My embassy will not give such letter NOL, are you sure that IGA wavier will not even granted because Gov fund issue .

1- Governmental fund is one reason beside others which put the person under 212e rule (international organization fund, skill list, medical education ....etc). The amount of fund is not determined (1$ like million $)
2- Any other waiver type except fair of persecution should be supplemented wit NOL IF there is any type of governmental fund involved directly or indirectly during the J training. This is an agreement between US and other countries not to keep the trained J visa holders in US with no benefit to home countries.