J-1 waiver via dispute of invalid contract

Lobstah

Registered Users (C)
So here's a short background. Back in 2000 i was an exchange student, and program was funded by USIA. Before departing home country we had to sign IAP-66, confirming that we agree with the terms and conditions of the program.
But at the time i was only 16, and from a legal point of view, wouldn't an IAP66 be a contract? If so, wouldn't my signature have no power, therefore relieving me of the conditions of the contract?
Would that work with DoS and USCIS?

No. IAP-66 is not a contract, is a visa and it has conditions attached to it. You can be 1 year old and subject to the J-1 HRR.

So here's a short background. Back in 2000 i was an exchange student, and program was funded by USIA. Before departing home country we had to sign IAP-66, confirming that we agree with the terms and conditions of the program.
But at the time i was only 16, and from a legal point of view, wouldn't an IAP66 be a contract? If so, wouldn't my signature have no power, therefore relieving me of the conditions of the contract?
Would that work with DoS and USCIS?

J visa regulations apply for J1 and J2 from the age of 1 day old till........years. The 2 year home country supposes to be in benefit of many countries to help in advancement, exchange of knowledge and not a punishment for the people. If you are subject to 2 year requirement just do it or seek category of waiver you are eligible for to be waived from this requirement.