J-1(Pending Waiver) to H-1B!!!!Urgent

darshanyshah

Hi ,

I was in US on a J-1 visa for 18months.I pplied for J-1 waiver and was quite through but never recived my final waiver hard copy.When checked the waiver status online it says 'FAVORABLE RECOMMENDATION'.

Now this year i applied for H-1B and was selected and was waiting for my I-797.Now the USCIS is asking for evidence i.e. a hard copy of Waiver,which i never received one.And while applying i thought USCIS would work in internally for my H-1B notice and my waiver status.

Now i am so much worried about all this.What do you think can happen?My lawyer says he is doing some research and is gonna follow up on this.I tried to obtain Waiver while i was in US and tried many places but the results were zero.

Please help me guys as to what can i do.Your help would be appreciated.You can also email your comments to darshanyshah@gmail.com

Regards,
Darshan shah.

USCIS always wants copies of their own notices from you. Even if they wouldn't lose track of this stuff internally (they do), they wouldn't take the time or effort to look it up. So try to get the waiver notice hardcopy.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks, but they have no track of my hard copy as i do not have the receipt number.And the receipt number is on the hard copy so i need to wait,thats what they say........And m waiting since FEB......So lets c how it goes....

I dont think they do internal research if u got a waiver or not. every department is different and the no. of pending cases they have is completely unbelievable.

The service center dealing with ur H1b wont get intouch with the department dealing with ur waiver case as they r so busy. So they want u to provide them with I-797 ( grant of J1 2 year waiver).

I would suggest u to call DoS and tell them ur situation and request them to process ur case faster as u have been granted favorable recommendation already. It would be better to recieve a fax than waiting for a hard copy.

By the way, how much time is given on RFE for ur H1b?

Dear Darshan,

The Fav Rec. was posted on the DOS web page, after that your case was forwarded to the USCIS for final approval. I would suggest you ( just like me) to call USCIS toll free and tell them that you've been waiting for the receipt number for 5 months. They should give it to you on the phone, after which you have to register your receipt number on USCIS web and see the real status of the waiver. Don't give up if the first person - usualy rude females- doesn't disclose the number. Call back several times, until you get what you want.

Good luck,
Wadi

Thanks!!!

Thank you friends for your help.But yes wadi, i have called them several times and they say that they cant look in the system without a receipt number.But i will try and call them again and lets see what happens....

Need more Info on J1

I dont think they do internal research if u got a waiver or not. every department is different and the no. of pending cases they have is completely unbelievable.

The service center dealing with ur H1b wont get intouch with the department dealing with ur waiver case as they r so busy. So they want u to provide them with I-797 ( grant of J1 2 year waiver).

I would suggest u to call DoS and tell them ur situation and request them to process ur case faster as u have been granted favorable recommendation already. It would be better to recieve a fax than waiting for a hard copy.

By the way, how much time is given on RFE for ur H1b?

Hi
I have recently come across the programs under J 1 visa. I would like to participate in such a program and work in the US. Can anyone guide me on how to search for paid positions, apllying for them etc.

How is the life on J1 visa?

Looking forward to your replies

Lalit