J-1 Issues

casma

:confused: how many times a person can apply for a J-1 Visa? I was almost a year ago in USA with a J-1 visa. I do not need to stay in my country for 2 years (I do not qualify for it). Thanks for any answer.

:confused: how many times a person can apply for a J-1 Visa? I was almost a year ago in USA with a J-1 visa. I do not need to stay in my country for 2 years (I do not qualify for it). Thanks for any answer.

You can apply to J visa for unlimited number but you have one to two year bar (depending on your previous J). This is an interval between sccessive Js and something totally different from the 2 Ys HRR. For example you can stay this time in Canada or any where or even in US for example on other visa if applicable, after that time you are qualified for second J and so on.

J-Visa

:rolleyes: I got the J-1 Visa. I do not qualify to stay or barred for two years. That is, neigher gov of USA or Peru has helped me. Saying that, then...Can I apply again for the J-1 visa? or should I apply for other Visa first? Thanks for any answer.

that all depends on what category of J-1 you were in during your previous J-1 program, and which category of J-1 you will be applying for now.