• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Its that time of the year again, listen to my story

3amakmahmoud

hello, hehe a funny story really! I swear it happened , back at 2007 as i remember, in lebanon internet was slow and you know smartphones was few so people didnt understand what lottery meant and they actually didnt know that it exists, i was young first year college, working as 200$ per month, so when i read about it , i said yeah, my brother is dieing to travel to usa , y not i apply for him and me, so i paid the 200$ for the website as i didnt know that it was for free, so the first year was 2005, non won, 2006, non won, my mom told me dont spend your money, of all the 13 million people you will win, the irony is at 2007 i applied for the same website but instead i paid for my application an extra 20$ they said if i won they would give me a winner manual and they would give me a ticket, but i didnt pay to my brother application, when applying i said to myself oh he will not win since i am the one whose applying i am supposed to win, suddenly at 2007 they were still sending files as big fat white envelope, i didnt pay attention since i was applyibg for universities in usa so i said its one of the university, i took it and threw it in my bedroom, i wokeup and read, the surprising thing it was from KCC, for seconds i didnt move and i didnt talk, family said whats wrong? I said i won, they laughed and said no way, i said yes way, i started to dance and dance, but after 2 hrs i read my brothers name and not mine, to be honest i got happier and deep in myside i said , thats what allah wants me to know, its bcz i preffrered myself on my brother he made him won, and now hes a citizen, hes very happy there, hes working good, finished skool, and i swear i am very happy, and i kept on applying till this year no luck, pray that i will win, but even if i do, i will go just to take greencard and be back, i hve good joob in my country! And i won my house and i am very happy, i just wanted to share this story for everyone to be optimistic, i am glad to help people from lebanon and glad to give advices!

hello, hehe a funny story really! I swear it happened , back at 2007 as i remember, in lebanon internet was slow and you know smartphones was few so people didnt understand what lottery meant and they actually didnt know that it exists, i was young first year college, working as 200$ per month, so when i read about it , i said yeah, my brother is dieing to travel to usa , y not i apply for him and me, so i paid the 200$ for the website as i didnt know that it was for free, so the first year was 2005, non won, 2006, non won, my mom told me dont spend your money, of all the 13 million people you will win, the irony is at 2007 i applied for the same website but instead i paid for my application an extra 20$ they said if i won they would give me a winner manual and they would give me a ticket, but i didnt pay to my brother application, when applying i said to myself oh he will not win since i am the one whose applying i am supposed to win, suddenly at 2007 they were still sending files as big fat white envelope, i didnt pay attention since i was applyibg for universities in usa so i said its one of the university, i took it and threw it in my bedroom, i wokeup and read, the surprising thing it was from KCC, for seconds i didnt move and i didnt talk, family said whats wrong? I said i won, they laughed and said no way, i said yes way, i started to dance and dance, but after 2 hrs i read my brothers name and not mine, to be honest i got happier and deep in myside i said , thats what allah wants me to know, its bcz i preffrered myself on my brother he made him won, and now hes a citizen, hes very happy there, hes working good, finished skool, and i swear i am very happy, and i kept on applying till this year no luck, pray that i will win, but even if i do, i will go just to take greencard and be back, i hve good joob in my country! And i won my house and i am very happy, i just wanted to share this story for everyone to be optimistic, i am glad to help people from lebanon and glad to give advices!

Nice, what an epic story ROTFL!!!!!!

It's an epic story indeed!
But if you win, you can't just "take the green card" and go back home, or you will lose it...